Unplanned Confession {Ace x reader}

One piece au

-

3RD POV

Ace stared longingly at you as if he were in a trance. Your beauty, grace and personality made him fall for you every single day harder and harder. You were his first love, hope and light. You boosted his confidence to eat dinner with the crew when he first came, and you held his hand during the hardest times. He quickly snapped back to reality when Marco, asked why he wasn't eating. Ace flushed red due to the fact that he was daydreaming about you again. He quickly picked up a fork and shoved food in his mouth, but that did not go well. Ace's narcolepsy must have hated him because it pulled I'm into an unwanted sleep. 

When he woke up, his head was resting on your thigh as you worriedly woke him up. Even though this was common, it always gave you a fright. Ace glanced at you for a second before he realised that he was still lying down and shot up like a rocket. You flinched back by the sudden gesture but soon giggled and laughed along with the crew. Ace followed along laughing about the misfortune, but deep down inside him, he was a hot mess screaming about lying on your thigh. "C'mon Ace, let's finish eating," your smooth voice whispered.

After dinner, you helped Thatch clean up and insisted to wash the dishes, Thatch allowed. On the other hand, Ace was in the Crow's nest watching out for an island when he found a pinkish island, most likely a Spring Island. As he informed Whitebeard, they all decided to stop and see if they could restock on the island. As the Moby Dick got closer, the pink colour was depicted to be hundreds of dainty Sakura trees swaying along with the wind. Small petals blew on the ship as it arrived, and Ace admired the sight. 

Marco soon left the ship flying around trying to find some civilization on the island. Thatch stayed on the ship for lookout, and Tech walked off by himself. The other crew members either stayed or rested on the trunk of the trees. You pulled Ace deeper into the trees trying to find civilization or somewhere to find things to stock.

"Ace! Let's go find the people on this island!" 

"Sure, Y/n," Ace smiled.

you both walked past tree after tree until Ace spotted a clearing. You guys went there to find a lively festival going on. There were food stalls, game stalls and even clothing merchants bargaining with people. Suddenly, Ace pulled you next to him in front of a stall. "Y/nnnnn, can you please buy that for me?" "Eh? Why can't you buy it for yourself, Ace-san?" Ace blushed guiltily and said, " I'm broke" You laughed at his silliness but bought him food anyways. 

"Hey, Ace...you know that I like you right?"
"Yup, Marco told me!"
"E-eh?! So do you like me back?"
"Ye-"
"ACE!!!!"
Ace had fallen asleep...again. "Stupid narcolepsy..." you muttered. But hey, at least he liked you back?