Chapter 6

It's Lydianne here. School has started so my uploads will be even messier, sorry in advance. Either way, I plan on giving the story two different endings. That is, an official one and an alternative one.

I'm not completely sure of how the second one will be so if there's anything you want in particular, please tell me. That's all for now.

Thanks a lot.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"You need someone who appreciates the real you and that doesn't have to be me. In fact, that person can be you"

"What... What do you even mean by that? That doesn't make any sense"

You sighed and gazed at your hand he was still holding.

"Let go, Gojou... I won't leave until we've settled things. You holding my hand isn't necessary, stop viewing me like that. Stop viewing me as your lover and let go"

And he did so, reluctantly.

"What do you mean by settling things?" he asked, his tone was emotionless.

At this point, Gojou knew that you were going to leave. There was no turning back. The only thing he could control was the way the two of you would separate, how you'd say goodbye.

"Let's talk. That's what I mean. And I'll be honest with you during that so please do the same"

The white-haired man sat down and sighed. You joined him on the floor.

The two of you were silent. Though you wanted to "settle things down", you didn't know what to say.

You hadn't forgiven him completely but, you now saw more in him than just a toxic individual.

Your eyes drifted to the sky. The sun's rays were slowly being hidden by grey clouds.

It was funny how even the weather was adapting to the scene.

But Gojou's voice brought you back to reality.

" Y/N..."

You hummed in response.

"I... Thank you. Thank you for the past year... It was the happiest of my life and... I know it wasn't your case... I'm sorry for that. I guess what's happening now is retribution"

You looked at him.

"I guess it is... And you don't need to thank me. As for your apology, you could do better, you know"

You were joking about the last part and it was clear in your tone.

It surprised Gojou. He hadn't seen that side of you in months.

He chuckled.

"Yeah... You're right. You deserve much better of an apology than that."

For a moment, it was as if the two of you were back to the beginning of your relationship.

But reality quickly caught up to him.

And again, he was disheartened.

That's when he thought of something.

Something he needed you to confirm.

"I know you don't love me anymore, obviously, but... Did you always hate me this much?"

Your mouth opened but nothing came out of it.

His voice was trembling, you could tell he was on the verge of tears.

"I mean since you weren't happy with me, does that mean you never... loved me?"

"Of course, not" you blurted out without thinking.