George: The Red Party - 2

Scotland
Hogwarts
George

    Everyone knew she was invited but no one honestly expected her to come.

    No one except George.

   "She's here."

    "Who's here?" asked George as he slowly looked up and quickly leaping on his feet.

    In a sea of people, George saw her instantly. He watched her move from the door towards the chimney where a group of girls stood hovering, anxious to meet her. He watched her smile and shake their hands. She was wearing a dark red knitted cardigan over a black-and-white floral dress. Unchangingly, her hands were gloved. Dark and cotton. Her hair was pushed back by tiny hair clips shaped like butterflies.

    Beside him, Lee let out a sigh. George smiled. Of course, Belinda Gaunt had everyone mesmerized without even trying.

    George tucked his hands into his jean pockets in an attempt to calm the wild beating of his heart. He wore his lucky shirt, a dark green long sleeve top, and a charm necklace of the sun which Charlie had given to him from his trip in the Mediterranean. George hoped that all the things he considered good fortune would offer him any kind of support. But when he looked up, all his efforts were lost, for she was already looking at him with her beautiful doe eyes and dimpled smiles.

    At that moment, he knew he had already lost.

    In a matter of seconds, she was walking towards him. Beautiful and enchanting. George cursed under his breath. Luck was no use to Belinda Gaunt.

    At that moment, George wished the room was larger. Longer. He needed time to check if his hair was okay, if his cologne was too strong, or if he had food stuck in between his teeth. But the Gryffindor Common Room was not the largest of spaces. The armchairs, the tables, the bookshelves, the chimney can all be seen in one singular turn. There was no turning back.

    "I'm surprised you're not on a broomstick, throwing your whiz-bangs into the air," She said, as she glided to a spot next to him.

    George grinned, "Already did that last year."

    Belinda chuckled as George looked at her as if she was the only person in the room.

    "I see you've been told about our dress code," Fred said to Belinda, referring to the red cardigan she was wearing.

    "Angelina lent me a pair of reds. I only brought green ones."

    Everyone laughed as Belinda quietly sighed, relieved of the sudden change of air. George knew she was aware of the tension she brings along with her. A person born with both power and wealth could never expect a warm welcome from the under class. Much more a pureblood.

    He gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder. "You're doing great," He whispered into her ear.

    "Thank you," She whispered back, her lips almost brushing his ear.

    A light flush started to crawl from his neck to his cheeks. Luckily, Lee was overly excited to wait for anyone to introduce him and immediately leapt for his chance.

   "Lee Jordan. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

   "Belinda Gaunt," She shook his hand, "The pleasure is all mine."

    "Huge fan of your work. Metals and stuff."

    "Metals and stuff, " Angelina chuckled, "Seriously?"

    "Shush," Lee placed a finger on his lips, "I'm trying to make a good first impression."

"You're not really doing a good job at it, mate," teased George.