CHAPTER 7 - ASS PERFECT

I don't know who this is, but I'm casting him as Luke

I don't know who this is, but I'm casting him as Luke. Look at those eyes. Damn!

Luke's POV

My dad is an annoying controlling son-of-a-bitch. But he's a smart one.

I don't know how he got inside information about the expansion of the steel company, but so far he had already won bids for sourcing some major equipments for the company. He had liaised with Crunchies, the new fast-food/restaurant in town to provide accommodation for their workers. The caravans will be undergoing major renovations because of that. There were a couple more bids which were pending review from the steel company and Dad was positive he will get some in his favour. Granted, Crenshaw Industries in Twinhills was about to get extra busy real fast, hence the reason I have to be home more often.

Dad wanted me involved in major board meetings and be part of the decision making processes. Everything became more serious once I got into the University. I knew Dad was grooming me to take over the company one day, so I tried my best to be available as much as I could. It was stressful driving two hours every week from Merton, but Dad tried to make sure major board meetings were set for weekends or Monday morning so I could focus on schoolwork for the rest of the week. We had a board meeting yesterday being Monday and there was lots of cheering and excitement amongst the staff as my Dad elaborated rather animatedly on the opportunities ahead of us.

My family is involved majorly in the hospitality business, but we handle company procurements as well. Dad has about three hotels in various locations - one in Miami, one in Merton and one here in Twinhills called 'The Cove'. It is only a 4-star hotel but in this town, it is considered royalty compared to the run-down motel on the south side. If you were fortunate enough to lodge at the Cove, you were either a visitor, a newbie, or an upper-class resident. There were few people considered as upper class in Twinhills and my family was second on the list. Toping the list was Mr. Edgar who was a major stakeholder and board member at the steel company. He and my father have done a lot of businesses together. He was also running for the Mayor's position next year against Mr. Brown who was number 3 on the list. There were also the Simmons and the Reyes. The Bakersfields used to be on the list too until some years ago when Joe got duped, lost everything and ended up with a gigantic debt to the bank. Poor Joe could not handle the stress and died of an heart attack a year later, God rest his soul.

I should have left after the meeting yesterday, but Dad said he wanted me to evaluate the repairs and renovations that will be required at the caravans. I had a class, but I figured I could skip and do any tests online. There was something interesting about all these new opportunities and I wanted to be part of it. Twinhills has been quiet and slow for as long as I can remember. It was a little exciting to be one of those who will be bringing change.

I decided to visit the caravans with Mike, the company manager, a jovial man in his thirties who seemed like he wanted to go back to his university days judging by the stories he was always telling me. They were wild interesting stories, and even though I suspected he was making some of them up, I laughed along.