seven

Soon six months passed to the day Allea was given this second chance, and true to her words not even a single second was wasted by her. During these six months, Allea had been to a total of four departments where she almost surpassed everyone and after her unmatched hard work & brilliance, everyone in the company acknowledged her in a new light as Allea Ciarve, not just the deceased owner's step-daughter.

For the first day, the girl was dressed in ordinary black attire, with her light-brown hair -similar to her eyes- was tied in a ponytail. Her pale skin showed how much of a paucity of the sun was there in her life, but the contrast of her skin and clothes stood out strikingly. Her petite figure, which was not even grown fully was walking straight, her stance vigilant and a face whose baby-fat still was visible exuded maturity and contagious calmness. No one thought that behind such a young girl would be a hard-working & talented person, who along with Jackson in a short time of six months controlled the dangling situation the company was about to fall after Odgen Allgaier's sudden death. They all saw how she spent each second focusing on her work, not bothering with people around her, who even considered her arrogant but later understood that she was right in many ways that they being adults were lacking.

The ones who have worked with Allea's mother and knew her even saw the mother's shadow in the daughter. They knew Zinnia was a hard-working woman when they thought that after marrying the owner she'll stay back & enjoy, she still regularly came to work. Her daughter, which they heard was spoiled and loved to spend money was nothing like her, but when they saw Allea just after a week of losing her mother, joined the company, leaving her study and life behind, they realized how wrong they were. In the end, they couldn't help but admire her for the work, and effort Allea was putting.

"Am I still not capable to be your secretary?"

Allea, who was called in Jackson's office leaned against the chair and stared at the person in front of her. It was four months ago when she requested to be his secretary so today she raised the topic again.

"Aren't you sounding a little too proud of yourself?"

Instead of giving her any positive response, Jackson without moving his gaze away from his computer scolded her. Not minding his words Allea sighed, didn't ask again.

"Here," Jackson threw a file toward Allea, which she caught and read its title, "In today's meeting we'll finalize this contract, go through this."

Allea didn't ask for the reason and merely nodded, when Jackson's eyes flickered toward the girl engrossed in the papers in front of her, he once again was puzzled over what was the need of this young girl working this arduously? He still remembered for the first time when he met her when his friend married her mother, he knew at once that she was an overbearing brat who only cared for money. When his friend died, leaving him with the obligations, because of his health he was hesitant and could only selfishly pull this naive girl into the cruel industry because Kai was too young.

He never expected this girl to demand her making CEO, to say he was astonished at her boldness would be the least and he doubted her intention but soon realized she was nothing like what he presumed. He has met every kind of person while going through this business world and soon realized that her purposes were positively pure, she was Kai's and his best choice.

She truly took the responsibility for everything, not only managing her school with excessive company work, but she was also looking after Kai. In the beginning, Jackson had rarely time to visit the mansion but with Allea's help his burden lessened so when one weekend he was in the mansion, he witnessed Kai and Allea's strange yet intriguing interaction. It was then he apprehended, he truly had nothing to worry about if it was in Allea's hands he was going to be leaving everything. He may not show but Jackson was amazed by the change and the work this girl has done, she's no less than a prodigy though he won't ever admit this on her face.