fifty-five

"Before leaving for Berlin, please double-check all the preparation from the security perspective."

At my unforeseen words, I can feel Nayla's incertitude-filled gaze turning toward me, so, moving my eyes from the mails I was checking, I turned my head sideways to look at her. Facing her, I solemnly continued, "I have talked to Stella, you can confirm everything through her."

I waited for Nayla's response, after a second of waking up from the stupor, Nayla's ascertainment superseded by poise and acquiescence as she asserted, "I will check everything again."

Nodding my head, I once again lowered my gaze toward the iPad in my hands, but after a moment of indecisive pause, I heard Nayal's inquisitive query, "But Boss, did something happened?"

I have never doubted Nayla's proficiency, she always knows what to do and I never have to tell her anything but still, some things can miss by her. I don't expect her to have complete control over everything, that's why I have priorly talked with Stella to not perturbing Nayla. With a slight smile, to ease her worry, I once again moved my gaze toward her and convinced, "No, rest assured."

A look of ease spread across her face, and she nodded her head. My gaze flickered toward the driver seat and just now when I remembered to inform Nayla about security changes, I noticed the new face there instead of Zyair Ahlstrom. 

"Where did the previous chauffeur go?" casually inquired I.

Nayla was not surprised that I noticed such an insignificant thing, and proceeded to answer naturally, "He left a day ago, the reason stated was a severe infection."

Nodding my head, I brushed his thought away and once again focused my attention on the words I was reading.

According to the trip that we arranged, we would have left for Berlin today but instead of seven days, the stay in Milan extended to eight days --because of the new companies that joined and were finding it a little hard to catch up with the work. Tomorrow will be the last day here, and we plan to fly to Berlin at eleven in the night —as the flight is short of about one and half hours, the rest of the night will be enough to relax. Moreover, it will be easy to settle there, as there is no time difference between Berlin and Milan.

I walked out of the car when we reached the company's building, took the elevator toward the office floor, I was in discussion with Nayla and Ali about how everything should be concluded today from the iPad in my hand. The elevators' doors opened, and before I could even step outside, coming from the other side someone was in so much rush that even after I immediately realized it and was about to take a step back but the flustered girl directly bumped into me and emptied all the coffee in her hands over me.

As the splashed contents of coffee first came into contact with my hands' bare skin, it caused a sharp stinging sensation.

Without further ado, I shoved my things in Nayla's hands, who at my side was still startled at what has happened so suddenly, and while walking out of the elevator I hurriedly took off my coat, to prevent the liquid from soaking further into clothes. Waking up from the daze, I noticed Nayla pulling napkins out of her bag and Ali rushing past me. In the next second, she appeared beside me, held my hands, and placed the paper napkins on them and blouse —which was not covered much because of my quick action. In an instant, I noticed Ali rushing toward me with the water bottle, and without any warning, he started opening the bottles and flooded my hands with cool water.

As I raised my eyes, the girl, who splashed the coffee, was standing there with her hand over her mouth. Eye wide open staring at my hands, her body slightly trembling and I could see tears running down her face. Behind her was the rest of the office, with the equal shock of horror watching the scene in front of them. Through them, a panicked Mr. Enzo was rushing toward me.