37. i'm home

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

I'M HOME

Milo couldn't stop writhing.

It was starting to become a problem, to be honest; the constant rolling around the bed, the wiggling around in Xen's arms, the random outbursts of giggles.

But then again, it was Christmas. Alternatively known as: the best fucking time of the year. He was allowed to be excited.

"I swear, Milo, if you don't stop moving—"

"What?" Milo interrogated, a giant smile spreading across his face. It's Christmas. "What will you do? What can you do? You're too sleepy to do anything, old man."

Xen sighed, lazily blinking his eyes open. He was so pretty in the mornings. "You're the one who made me watch three Christmas movies with you. After midnight. Three movies is six hours, Milo, let me sleep," he mumbled, pulling the blankets over himself and closing his eyes.

Huffing, Milo flicked Xen's ear, drawing a groan out of him. "You slept halfway through the second movie, shut up," he stated, grinning when he got Xen to open his eyes again. "The disrespect towards The Polar Express. Disgusting."

Truthfully, Milo was glad that Xen had fallen asleep, because it gave him the opportunity to look at him, really look at him without him calling him a weirdo or something along those lines.

His lips were so pretty. That shouldn't have been the thing that Milo loved the most about him, but it was. He had the prettiest, softest lips, and they were so unbelievably kissable. He knew exactly what to do with them, even when Milo didn't.

Xen was genuinely the most attractive person Milo had ever laid his eyes on, it hurt. But in the best way possible.

That wasn't it, though. He made Milo feel like the most attractive person in the world, too, with that convincing ass voice of his that was literally perfect for ASMR, and with that annoying, piercing gaze of his.

All in all, Milo was in love.

"That movie is terrifying," Xen shot back, clearly more awake now. "It's way too human, not animated enough. It's not even a Christmas movie."

Milo gasped, changing his position to a cross-legged one, the bed bouncing in the process. "You've never watched a Christmas movie in your life, and you have the audacity to insult The Polar Express?"

Xen rolled his eyes as he stumbled out of bed, pushing his hair out of his face. "Nice, Milo, go ahead and throw my childhood trauma back at me," he stated, and honest to fuck, Milo was about to apologise until he saw the small, joking smile on Xen's face. Prettiest person ever.

"Ugh. Just... Go brush your teeth so that I can give you your Christmas kiss," he instructed, flopping back into bed and staring at the ceiling.

Then, a grin spread across his face. It was Christmas, the holiday that he had been looking forward to all year. And he was spending it with the people he loved, he wasn't hiding anything anymore, he could actually breathe without the constant thought of his family finding out he was gay.

God, his heart was so full.

While Xen brushed his teeth, Milo unlocked his phone, sending out a message to everyone on the group chat. Well, a few messages.

m👁️lo -
everyoneeeeee !!!!!!!!! merry chrismas i know all of u don't celebrate (only eva does but it's ok) so just. hav a good say i love u all sm wheeeee💓 y'all r the star 2 my xmas tree :D