Prince of Knights Chp49

Hello there, ladies and gentlemen. I know it has been such a long time since I last updated. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. 

Remember I keep things as real as possible. So no cliché.

~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*

~*Solitude has soft, silky hands, but with strong fingers, it grasps the heart and makes it ache with sorrow~* Khalil Gibran. 

Thunder, it felt as if thunder roared in her chest with every step that Raghad took. Out of fear, she pushed her legs to run faster she had to stop this and stop it before another carnage. Shouq's words rang in her brain 'The Borkan stopped himself even though he was under the spell of a dangerous poison. He stopped ruining his virtue and yours Raghad.' Gooseflesh rose on her skin like deadly thorns, and that moment Raghad realized, that her heart did not belong to her anymore, she knew that her life without Faris would be hollow.

The man gave her all that a cherished, respectful spouse would. Not once, not even once did he harm her in a way that Raghad dreaded her life. Oh, Allah, he protected her even when satan swam in his veins like blood when darkness and evil clouded his senses and made him a monster, a monster he never was. Raghad hiccupped as she pushed aside a man gathered to see a possible death of her loved ones.

Faris.

Badr.

As she ran towards Badr who had his sword in the air, Raghad realized yet something else. If she departed today with her sibling, there was no returning. Her self-conceit would not permit her to return to the Borkan tribe. Badr would not allow her to return. But, would she be able to stay away, away from the man who was her invisible shield, the wretched beat in her desolate heart, a man who was her heart!

Without even a second thought, Raghad decided to place herself between her spouse and brother. Raghad knew if she had to face Badr's sword to protect them, she would do so without even a second thought. However, before she could act before her skin could taste the blade, Shouq pushed her aside and stood in front of Badr. There was such a dark and taut look in Shouq's eyes that it caused a shiver to run down Raghad's spine.

"Sheath your sword, Prince. If you do not all shall perish for you stand in your foe's tribe."

They stood there for a while, Badr's sword inches away from Shouq. Raghad's eyes fixed on the blade silently praying that Badr would step back. She felt the wind entwine itself around her throat, making it hard to breathe. A damp feeling wrapped her beating heart, making it sprint against time.

Nasser's jaw clenched from the sight in front of him then he turned towards the crowd with a deep frown. "Move!" he yelled and just like that, the circle of people evaporated like smog. His chest heaved up and down as he breathed, the rage that waged in his heart made him see red. He could not do something, not until Faris would call for him, so he had to wait.