Chapter 21

Ava's P.O.V.

It has been a day since our date and we decided to go visit their, I mean our, pack. I was so excited to go see Alice. I wanted it to be a surprise, so I haven't called Alice yet.

Emma, Ethan, and Jackson packed enough stuff for me to last a week there before I will have to come back for my decision. Of course, my pups are coming. Just the four of us and we will still be able to break free of the Blood Moon pack.

Once I though I was rejected, I became determined never to be put in a situation where I was helpless again. I passed that on to my pups who trained a lot. Now, we are unbeatable. 

"Hurry up, mom!" yelled Ethan. I chuckle, always impatient is my Ethan. I do hurry down and I see that my pups are in a car together while my mates are in the other.

That will make for an interesting car ride.

I quickly get in and close the door behind. The engine roars to life. Ryder was driving while Asher was with me in the back.

The first few minutes and nothing happened but soon enough there was Asher's hand on my thigh. I tried to knock it off, but he kept it there. Not that I minded, though Ryder might get distracted. 

His hand inched higher and higher. If I didn't stop him, I would end up jumping his bones. 

"Would that be a bad thing though?" asked El, my wolf in my mind.

I scold her, "Bad horny wolf."

I turn back to Asher and in a fit of sudden inspiration, kiss him. He immediately responds and deepens the kiss. 

It was getting hotter when Ryder interrupted, "Unless you want me to pull over the car and take this all the way, I suggest you both stop."

We break apart with me a bright red. The rest of the car ride was silent, but with a comfortable silence. It took us a while though and I fell asleep. 

"Wake up, love," said Asher. I woke up quickly and on my feet, a bad habit. I hit however was nearest to me which was sadly Asher.

"Damn mom, I told them that they should be careful waking you up," yelled Ethan. I blush again, I seem to be blushing a lot these last few days.

Asher massaged his jaw, "At least I know you can defend yourself."

I smile sheepishly, "Being a rogue for sixteen years builds up some habits."

Asher takes my hand and Ryder my other. Together we enter their pack house. There was no one but their beta and beta family, I could smell it.

We make it to the kitchen without running into anyone. I was glad for it anyway. It was strange being here with my mates. I had gone without them for so long.

I hear Alice walk into the kitchen without looking up, "Oh, Alphas, you're home. Blake said you would be. How is Ava? When will you be heading back to see her?"

I smile, "Look up and they could tell you."

At my voice, she looks up, "Ava?"

I nod my head and she barrels into me, giving me a hug, "I cannot believe you are here."

Then, she steps away, "You could have called, sent a text, an email, a goddamn letter! Even your parents got postcards and they were assholes to you!"

I look sheepishly at the ground, "I know, I know. I didn't want to give you something to track out of paranoia or make you a target because of my work. I felt really guilty about Auriel."

Alice looked at me confused, "How ever would it be your fault? Auriel got taken because she had wandered too far out and smelled like she had powerful blood. It was our fault if anything."

I give her another hug, "That group of rogues were the first we stopped. I found Auriel and doctored her before returning her to the border of your territory."

Alice smiled again, "Then thank you for saving my little girl. Now what have you been up to the last sixteen years?"

I brought her over to the couch, "Well, the moment I stumbled unto No Man's Lan, I met Josh and Chris, a gay newly mated couple. We worked together and they supported me throughout the years. I came up with the idea for the Smith Organization one night drunk. Josh and Chris helped me bring it to life, though they were the ones who started the mafia in the human world. I was pissed that they didn't tell me about that before I caught them."

Alice laughed, "I assume you gave them a piece of your mind."

I lean into the couch, "I did and they put me into the mafia too. I was busy raising Emma, Ethan and Jackson."

"I met them, they are nice kids," Alice comments.

"I should hope so. Anyway what about you?" I ask Alice.

She answers, "Well, I have three kids and as you can see I am pregnant with another. My eldest daughter is Auriel, but it is Ben who is going to be the next Beta. Auriel is 16 like your triplets. Ben is only 15. Then, there is Isabella who is only 5. I am the Beta Female of the Blood Moon pack obviously."

Curious, I ask another question, "Do you know the gender of the next baby?"

Alice smiles, "Yep, another boy. By the way, your parents are still assholes. It took them like a long time to see you are gone."

I sigh, "Which is why I am here instead of at their house. So when can I meet the famous Blake?"

"Now," said Blake as he walked in.

I get up, "Nice to meet you, I'm Ava."

He smiles at me and shakes my hand, "Nice to meet you too. Emma was right, she looks exactly like you but with the Alphas' eye color."

I nod, "I told her."

He turned to Alice, "Sweetie, the kids are coming down in two minutes."

On that note, I call my kids. I whistle through the mind-link. Everyone around me winces. It looks like it effects them too.

I cringe, "Sorry, that was for my pups."

Alice smiles again, "No biggie." Quickly, I hear my pups arrive. 

Emma spoke first, "Alice, Blake, nice to see you again."

Soon following, we heard Alice's kids arrive. I get up to look at them, but I am pushed away by Ethan and Jackson. They hug possessively Auriel, the first one down.

Oh shit!