Neither here nor there

Copper's POV

I walked with my head down, I dared not look at anyone. I kept my face blank for as someone I once knew said:  keep your face emotionally empty, so no one can find a weakness. My hands were bound by a thin and scratchy rope and placed behind my back, I could take them off if I wanted, being a pickpocket, but with the others around, it would be stupid. I took in every detail of what I could see, twelve men accompanied me, Tom and Zack walking in front. The guns and straps on their plastic armour banged and scraped together, breaking the silence of only our footsteps. They placed something inside my neck before I left, making sure I was fully conscious to feel it digging in, I could feel it now too, under my skin. There are were two others in the same situation as me, one had gotten in a fight with the guards, I think his name is Luke. The man in question had a red hoodie with devil horns sticking out of the top, black jeans, black hair green eyes, and well built muscles, I swear he took out more than six of the guards till they begun to threaten the other Pickpocket, but what caught my attention the most was the black X that covered both his eyes like a tattoo, stopping at his eyelids. The other one was called Ember, she was hot headed with a fierce attitude and a sharp tongue, she didn't like me because I looked weak, therefore neither did I like her. Ember had light brown eyes and hair the same colour, pale skin, a white dress top and black leggings. I was in the middle of both Luke and Ember, Luke looked ahead with a scowl while Ember glared at the side of my head like I was her enemy, I'm going to die here, really.

We stopped when a sharp whistle was heard, the guards looked forward with blank faces and straight backs. I lifted my head to see Tom and a grey building behind him, he looked at us with a smug face which clearly made Luke more mad then before, I watched as he pulled against the guard that was assigned to him after he started a fight, the guard was losing. Luke turned to the guard and kicked him, painfully ripping away from their grasp. He was so enraged that he seemed to forget that he was a pickpocket and started to pull upon his restraints.

I watched in surprise, pickpockets were often weak, but he was stronger than both me and Ember combined. Turning to Tom, I saw that he had his arms crossed and was watching with an amused smirk, Zack stood straight with his crazy eyes and was starting to laugh, he held a small plastic square in his hand with a single button on it. The guards looked at each other and then at their leaders as if expecting an order to grab the disobedient pickpocket, but none came. I whipped my head back to Luke as a small snap echoed across the tense ally. There he stood, arms apart with fists, eyes of fury and a trained fighting stance. He looked up at the two men and started to stomp towards them. Ember and I watched with horror as he froze in place and grabbed his neck, then he fell to the floor with a jerk. He gave a final seethe before he stood up with pain, he was electrocuted, I shared a concerned glance with Ember, half of me just wanted to look away as Luke was grabbed by the guards. Ember looked over my shoulder and cast an apologetic glance, I looked behind me to see Luke, a mixture of physical and emotional pain waved over his eyes until they suddenly changed to cold hatred and disgust. Confused, I turned to look at Ember who looked hurt, I raised my brow but she glared at me, so I looked ahead and started to walk forwards as I saw Tom and Zack were already walking ahead with three of the guards. I turned back to see Ember glaring at me still and Luke glaring at Ember, they act like children, but they are my teammates and I have to work with them.

The guards hesitated, but soon followed my lead, I was playing nice so I didn't have the burden of a personal guard like Luke, speaking of him, he met my eye with a softened gaze of hope and sympathy, he wants me to help him out if he tries this again, but with these things in our necks I'm not sure what we can do. Luke would take awhile to recover from the shock to his neck, but when I get away I'll help him, I have nothing left to lose, no, that's wrong, I could lose Brock. God knows if they already have him.