13.

I have been up all night

I have been up all night .
I can't stop thinking about all that's happened yesterday.

The wonderstruck expression on your face when I had kissed you, morphed into panic when I ran.

It was almost like a fairy tale.
Where the princess leaves her prince waiting & runs away.

The only difference being,
I'm not a princess,
You're not a prince,
And life isn't a fairytale.

These past few days, I saw parts of you that I didn't know existed.

And it made me realise that you were nowhere near the guy I thought you were, the guy I use to love.

You were not perfect.
We were not perfect.
The idea of us was not perfect.

I had made up my mind.

So , I messaged you and asked you to meet me in the park.
Our park.

There, you were watching me carefully, as if afraid that I would kiss you and run away.
Again.

And then I told you what I had called you here for, hoping that I will never regret it in the future.

I told you I didn't care anymore.

It was a lie.

Maybe I didn't love you anymore but I still cared.

I think I always will.

At least a little bit.

You almost didn't believe me at first but I'm sure you did when I started walking away.

How funny that just two months ago, the person walking away was you and not me.

But now our roles were reversed.

And as I kept walking,
you never once tried stopping me.

I was thankful for that.

Not because I didn't want to turn around but because I knew that if I did and saw the broken expression on your face, I would run back to you and hand you my heart.

If you could end a year of us for something as silly as a high school reputation, what's the guarantee that you won't do it again for something even worse?

I didn't want to leave but I had to.
For me.

Because even thinking about being broken by you again, hurts.

So, I guess this is where our story ends.

In the same place where it had begun.

And the truth be told :

Caleb, you were my anaesthetic, the only thing that could help me breathe and take away the pain while I was drowning in the flood that you had caused.

But now the flood was over.

And I finally learnt to breathe on my own again.

So,
I let you go.

So,I let you go

•••

•••

Hey guys,
This is NOT the end, there's another Bonus Chapter to go which will be in Caleb's POV. It will give you a taste of how Caleb felt about everything and how April's living her Caleb-free life. So hang on and thank you for reading so far!
Sara xx.

•••