Chapter 1

Xenaida Aguirre

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock, I groaned as I rubbed my eye and smashed the alarm's button. Fucking hell, I'm done with school yet here I am, forgetting to remove the darned alarm.

I got up groggily and walked towards my kitchen. I live in a condominium by the way, after I graduated, I spent my saved up money into buying one.

Although my family is filled with omegas, they set an amazing example that being omega doesn't always mean being the lowest.

Matter-of-factly, they're top class entrepreneurs in the world of business, although there are snard remarks and mean sneers around, they would always prove them wrong with their skills and abilities.

I went to the refrigerator and checked if there was anything to cook and sadly, all I had was 15 bottles of water. I gave out a shrug and took out a water bottle.

I rested my back against the dining table and drank from the bottle, feeling the cold liquid go down my throat.

This monologue sounds like sex already, what the hell. I settled the bottle on the table and took a towel.

I mean, might as well go to the market and buy some food, right?

I turned the shower on and gently rubbed my skin, feeling the cold water as it runs past my skin.

I looked towards my clit, don't get me wrong but it just looks odd. I practically have a penis there, a pretty large one when it's out too.

It's been 2 years since I graduated and I'm already 20, but I still haven't found my mate. I've had my rut, a lot of times during those years, yet I've never found the one bounded for me.

I got out of the bathroom, a little damp but completely covered. I walked back to my room and got some clothes, my usual favorites.

An oversized sweater, black leggings and high cut Nike. I stopped in front of the mirror and pulled my ash gray hair into a messy bun.

I walked outside my unit and closed the door. Using my card key to completely lock it, I took my phone from my pocket and plugged my earphones in before opening Spotify and playing my playlist.

I half-danced whilst walking, probably getting some strangers' attention. I've always been a head-turner, but I never really liked it.

I hopped inside the elevator where a guy sneered at me, I watched him speak but didn't really hear him.

As I was about to go out the elevator when it reached the ground floor, the guy who tried speaking to me grabbed a hold of my arm.

I removed one ear piece and listened to him, "Why were you ignoring me? You worthless omega" he said rather aggressively.

I stepped closer and smelled him, "You smell like a skunk, would probably explain why you have such a useless attitude" I said with a small smirk. He pushed me away and glared at me.

"What's the big idea?!" he yelled angrily, I smiled and glared back, making him inch backwards. "Don't fucking mess with omegas, beta. You're talking to an alpha, learn your damn place, they're rarer than your worthless ass" I said.

I smiled again and put the ear piece back and walked outside the condo. These damn hypocrites calling omegas worthless.. their attitude is worthless! God I hate them.

I don't know why I feel so enraged whenever someone talks shit about omegas, I just tend to think that they're worth so much more than that estrus they're talking about.

I hauled a cab and went to the market, it's quite far and I felt lazy to walk after that little bullshit I had to deal with a while ago.

"What's wrong, lady?" the driver asked, he looked as if he was around his forties.

"Ah, nothing, sir. I just happened to talk to some obnoxious beta" i answered simply. He gave out a hearty laugh.

"Why? Was he calling himself an alpha?" he asked cheerily, "Nah, he was calling omegas worthless" I answered.

He suddenly went quiet, "You don't agree?" he asked, almost unbelieving. I nodded my head, "I would never agree, they shouldn't have been the lowest class" I said with pride.

I heard him chuckle, "That's rare.. an alpha actually thinking of us omegas as something more than our ruthless estrus" he said.

My eyes widened, I totally did not expect for him to be an omega, "It's just because I've seen my family, who's filled with omegas, suffer just to get to where they are now" I answered simply.

"Ah, that's true. But really, once we've found our mates, the heat calms down, it happens but it doesn't affect other people" he explained to which I nodded to.

"Have you found your mate yet, young lady?" he asked, "I haven't but I really hope to find them soon" I replied with a hopeful smile.