𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝒊𝒅𝒇𝒄

🎱

🎱. . .CHAPTER 23 ! -----
( real life . . . messages . . . )
❛ then stop thinking about me chris ❜

ᵣₑₐₗ ₗᵢfₑ !

Chris is currently sitting at the front of the class in homeroom, his eyes glued to the door as he patiently waits for mikayla to appear. she never skips alone; the rest of her friends are all in school and chris can't help but take responsibility for it. he hates the idea that she's possibly ruining her attendance because of him and the thought swallows him whole.

the echo of the conversing students makes him feel light headed as he quickly glances at the empty seat next to him, waiting for mikayla to show up and fill that void but homeroom is almost over and she still isn't here. he wants to text her, maybe just a simple 'hey' to see if she's okay after everything but he chooses to just fight the urge.

after all, he kissed his ex girlfriend and mikayla witnessed it so obviously a simple text isn't enough to fix everything.

the bell rings and everyone picks up their stationary, shoving it into their backpacks as they prepare for their first period. chris is the first to leave the classroom, not even stopping to say goodbye to the teacher or any of his other friends.

          the grip on his backpack tightens as he strolls through the hall buzzing with liveliness but the moment he reaches his locker, he notices how nate's there, basically waiting for him. his eyes are narrowed and chris feels his heart drop at the sight, praying that nate has no idea that they kissed or that he ruined everything.

          "what's good nate?" chris questions with a sheepish smile, his hand in the pocket of his camouflage cargos as he leans on the locker.

          nathan clears his throat, shaking his head and chris is basically itching for him to reply. "did something happen between you and miks?" nate inquires with his head tilted and chris' heart basically drops. "she's been walking around the house like she's fucking depressed ever since her birthday and she won't talk to me. people are saying how you guys had an argument."

          a sigh escapes from chris' lips, trying to conceal the overbearing feeling of guilt. "nah...i was just gonna ask if she's sick or something," chris lies through his teeth, but the way that nathan's eyes turn to slits, he feels nate knows he's hiding the truth. "we didn't get into any shit like that," his hand awkwardly scratches at the back of his neck.

          "yeah but i swear i saw you follow her out of the house," he mumbles and a crease appears between nate's eyebrows and it's as if chris feels beads of sweat drip down his forehead with the way he's practically cracking under pressure. "i allowed you guys to be in this stupid fake relationship since it's keeping the assholes away, but if you hurt her–"