𝟬𝟬𝟱 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒚 , 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒚

🎱

🎱. . .CHAPTER 005 ! ————— 
( real life . . . snapchat . . . messages . . . )
❛ when you're still pining over your ex ❜

ᵣₑₐₗ ₗᵢfₑ !

          After a dozen moments of silence, mikayla made a beeline towards her guest room a few minutes before maria arrived. the two spend almost an hour gossiping, but the thought of chris' joyful expression while texting his ex of almost two years is all she can think about. but it isn't just that, it's the fact that he blatantly lied about it to her face.

          maria is mikayla's best friend, practically a sister, so when miks sits in silence for a while, she suddenly understands that something is wrong. she tilts her head, "what's wrong with you?"

          mikayla pinches the bridge of her nose, frustrated at the continuing thoughts of talia and chris. since they broke up he hasn't mentioned her once, but the way he would speak about Talia beforehand showed that he was truly in love with her. even if he'll never admit it, out of the many girls he spoke to, she's the only one who he really fell for. the girl shakes her head, "chris was texting talia and he lied about it..." she mumbles while embarrassed.

          maria's jaw practically falls to the floor, shocked that Chris is already fucking up his new relationship, "that manwhore," she tuts with folded arms. "i know you guys are dating, which is really random, but when I catch him–"

          miks chuckles loudly at Maria's threat, "yeah dating..." her words trail off.

          the best friend's head tilt slightly in amusement at mikayla's tone. she squints her eyes and with pursed lips a crease appears between her eyebrows, "you guys aren't actually dating, are you?"

          an offended gasp leaves mikayla's lips as she's surprised at how quickly someone already found out their relationship is fake. she sits in silence, pondering on how to sound somewhat believable if she tries to deny maria's allegations. miks clears her throat, "that's ridiculous," she hums in a high pitched tone – something that always happens when she lies.

          maria claps her hands together. "i fucking knew it," she proudly points her fingers in mikayla's face. "i'm your best friend, i know when you're lying to my face."

          as the two laugh at the situation mikayla has found herself in, a knock on the door followed by the door opening makes the best friends suddenly jump. mikayla swivels around, realizing that it's chris. he's slightly confused when she'd retreated to her bedroom after lying to her, not aware that she knew who he was texting.