Chapter 16: 4th Of July

Y/N POV:

It was finally 4th of July, and my families big on the 4th. Today we where throwing a huge 4th of July party as we do every year.

I ran downstairs as everyone was rushing around the house, trying to get the food, decorations, and stuff outside and done. Our family and friends where coming, and since the triplets don't have anywhere to go for the 4th since they're staying for the summer here in LA, they decided to come along to the party, but it starts in a hour.

It was currently 1pm, as I wore jean shorts, and a red crop top. I had red and blue necklaces and bracelets.

I went to the backyard seeing the twins helping my Dad set up. "Hey guys." I say. "Took you long enough, we need help." Javon says, as he put some floatys into the pool.

"Looks like you guys got it." I chuckled, as every decoration was pretty much set up. "Could've used your help." Javon says in a sassy tone, I smiled and playfully rolled my eyes.

Javon had worn a white t-shirt with red shorts, and Jaden wore a blue t-shirt with white shorts.

"Okay whatever, where's Jayla?" I asked the twins for my sister. "She's in the kitchen, helping Mom which is what you should be doing!" Jaden says with a shrug, as he slipped his sunglasses on. I see my Dad turning the grill on.

"Figured and I will!" I mumbled as I sighed. "When's the triplets coming?" Javon asked, sitting down on the porch. I followed him, sitting beside him, "not sure." I shrugged.

It had been a hour, and everyone was mostly here, laughing and playing, getting along, kids running around in the backyard. I checked my watch for the time, as I waited for Chris to get here. "Who wants hotdogs?!" I heard my father yell out, as he was at the grill with most Dads at the party.

"Oh shit I'm getting a couple hotdogs!" Jaden says, before he runs off to our father at the grill.

I looked behind me, as I see Nick, Chris, and Matt walk through the back door with Javon, as they had a small conversation. "Your friends and boyfriend are here." My cousin Laila says as she looked up from her phone, I glanced at the 13 year old girl, as I smiled at the thought that they where here, and stood up, walking over to the boys.

"Y/N! Hey girl you look so good! Happy 4th! Where's Jayla?" Nick asks with a smile, I smiled as we hugged each other, "thank you so much! oh and she's by the pool." I pointed where she was, as he nods and walks over to her.

Matt and Javon soon walk off to gosh knows where. I turn to Chris as he smiles, "hey pretty girl." He took my hand, pecking my lips. I laughed lightly as I hugged him. "Happy 4th of July." I say to the boy in a sarcastic tone. "Oh yeah of course, happy 4th." He chuckled, kissing my cheek once again.

That's when a figure comes up to me, it was my aunt that's very old, she was 78. "Wait, I thought I just saw you young boy..you where by the pool..then by the grill..then now you're here. Fast boy." She chuckled, patting Chris's back as she went inside.

I looked at her then to Chris, as we both burst out laughing. "Yeah you're a fast boy." I laughed, repeating her words. "Who's that?" He chuckled, "that's my Aunt Janet." I playfully rolled my eyes as we kept laughing a she was lost in thought.

I took Chris's hand, as I sat down with him at the table with my cousin Laila and Milo who are 13 and twins, and Harper who's 15. "Hey guys..this is my boyfriend..Chris." I smiled, as I glanced at Chris then to my cousins, as he did a quick wave. "Ohh you're the boy that my cousin keeps talking about? Nice to meet you I'm Harper." She says, putting her hand out, as Chris shakes it, laughing a bit.