And So It Begins

Last night was a total toss-and-turn fest. My brain was on overdrive, spinning through all the ways today could totally tank...At least I thought i went over all the possible ways. I was so wound up that I ended up snoozing way past my usual wake-up call – which, let me tell you, is a total rarity for me. But seriously, I never in a million years thought what's happening right now could actually be a thing. I mean, I've been nervous for today because, well, it's a big deal – like, make it or break it kind of deal.

Mike was showing Reneé around the studio we'd be sharing. He went on about the gear and stuff, the usual spiel for new artists. But I was just stuck staring at them from the control room. More precisely, I was glaring at Renée, who seemed... so fucking annoying.

How was I supposed to work with THAT? This was my big shot, my chance to show Mike I'm worth something in this industry. And now? Now, I'm stuck trying to do that with someone I'd rather not even talk to. It's like the universe decided to throw a curveball right when I needed a home run.

Eyes still glued to her, I saw them heading back to the control room, so I sat up straight, turning towards them as they walked in. Renée plopped down on the couch like she owned the place, making it clear she felt right at home. It took all my willpower not to roll my eyes.

Mike lingered in the doorway, giving me a nod. "I just know you two will work great together."

"Yeah," I managed, flashing one of those awkward smiles I do when I'm feeling uneasy. It probably looked more like a grimace, but hey, fake it 'til you make it, right?

"I'm sure we will!" Renée chimed in from the couch, dripping with so much sarcasm, it wasn't even funny. At least, not to me. But Mike didn't seem to pick up on it. Nope, he was too busy beaming like he just orchestrated the perfect match. Great.

"Great! I'll leave you two at it," Mike said before disappearing, leaving us in an awkward silence that could cut through steel.

We sat there, not saying a word for what felt like forever. I avoided looking at her, but then she cleared her throat, pulling my gaze toward her.

"So..." she started, crossing her arms and tilting her head. "We're supposed to work together?"

"Yup," I replied shortly, popping the 'p'.

She just stared at me before chuckling with that annoyingly wide smile of hers.

I never know how she's going to react to anything, and I'm not a fan of it.

I just raised an eyebrow at her as she stretched out on the couch, making herself, again, right at home. "I'm gonna have so much fun with this," she remarked.

This girl is a nut job. This girl is a nut job, AND she's going to ruin my career.I'm screwed.

"So when are you finally going to answer my question?"

Oh, she's not seriously doing this again?

"You know, about the whole stick up your ass thing," Renée said, her gaze fixed on the ceiling before shooting me a sideways glance with that crooked smile of hers.

"You—!" I was about to snap back, but quickly realized I couldn't afford to, not when I was literally working for her right now. So, I clenched my fist, forcing a fake smile that could rival the best actors. "Alright. Why don't we start brainstorming some ideas for the song,"

Renée raised an eyebrow, propping herself up on her elbows. She stared at me for a moment before shifting her position on the couch, sitting upright. "Alright,"

Would you look at that, she could act sort of normal-

"But after that, I want to know about the stick." Nevermind. "The history of the stick, the motive of the stick, are there more sticks or is it just the one?"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, turning away to grab two notepads from the drawer. "Why are you like this," I sighed, handing one to her.

"ADHD Baby," she answered enthusiastically, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Explain some stuff.

"Let's just get to work," I shook my head, glancing down at my empty notepad that needed to get completely filled with ideas.

******

Hey there!

The second chapter is here! It's a bit shorter this time, apologies for that, but time was a bit tight today.

Your feedback means the world to me, so please share your thoughts! 

Enjoy the read!