CHAPTER :- 8

I tried to forget all that happened by now. The nurse told me to have a walk in the hospital. Maybe this can make me feel better for now.

I took the lift because I was on the top floor in the building and I couldn't climb down this many stairs. My fate was brought to the 4th floor.

I closed my eyes and cursed my destiny. I put my foot outside the lift. Then I moved forward with my mobile phone in my hand which was working as a flashlight.

Suddenly, I heard the lift bell ring. I remembered the same ring during the mannequin incident. I was frightened by now. I screamed my lungs out.

"What happened, Lily?" A familiar voice said.

I turned back to see Luna. I was relieved to see her. I ran towards her and hugged her tightly. She was confused as hell.

"I was coming to see you but the lift got stuck on the 4th floor as always. Do you know there is something weird on this floor?" Luna said while comforting me like a mother.

"Do you mean the mannequin that shows her face only in the mirror. The wooden floor which always goes in its original place after broking or the continuous lift bell rings."

She was stunned to see how much I knew about this floor. She just made her eyes wide and hold my hand tight. She pulled me to the downstairs.

We reached the ground floor without any paranormal activities. I was startled by her powers which worked even against ghosts.

"Tell me what happened that day on the 4th floor when you visited me?" Luna said with her extra serious face.

"The lift got stuck on the 4th floor. It was dark there despite a ray of light coming from the window. The window slammed. The wooden floor broke. The lift bell rang. Someone came outside of it. I turned around but there was nothing. My eyes went to the mirror in front of the lift. According to me, it was a mannequin. I ran as fast as I could and reached the 5th floor."

"Bella was not with you at that time? Where was she and did you told her about this? Why didn't you told me about this earlier?" Slowly but in a serious mood she asked.

"I was alone because Bella was still on the ground floor as she got a call. I told Bella and she said it's just my imagination but I knew it was real. I thought you would be worried so I didn't told you before."

"Just remember to tell me everything. Anything that happens with you. Make sure you tell me freely afterall we are close friends."

With that I gave her a high-five. Then I went out from the hospital for some fresh air. Luna was with me which made me feel better.

Soon after I got discharged. When I came home everything was at its own place. It was perfect. As I know, Bella is the most messy person you'll ever meet and cleanliness is her enemy.

"Did you have any paranormal activities while I was not at home?"

She shook her head in no which was a relief cause I was so worried for her. I went to our room and there I saw the real Bella. Not literally the real Bella just her some real habits were revealed again to me.

The room was messy as hell. I looked at Bella and she rubbed her hand around her neck and I knew that's our Bella who is just untidy.

It was night so we both slept. I heard the door bell. I checked the time and it was freaking 3:10 am. I went downstairs and opened the door.

"Hello miss, where is the couple? I want to meet them. Can you call them here pretty please?" A toddler said with spark in its eyes.

"Hello, which couple are you talking about? I don't know someone like that." I was frightened.

"I'm talking about the last couple who lives here. Please I have some important work."

"Sorry but I can't, if I could then I would have. By the way, what type of work do you?"

"I'm here to take revenge on them. They killed me so now I'll make them pay the same what they did."

"They no longer live here." Saying this, I stepped backwards and tried to shut the door but the toddler was stronger than me. It grabbed the door and from the small space, it looked in my eyes.

"So now I'll kill you! You!" Saying this the toddler pulled it harder and with that the door got fully opened. The toodler came closer. I screamed my lungs out.

Fortunately, Luna came in time. The toodler vanished in the speed of light.
I grabbed my hair and tried to control my emotions. Luna hugged me tightly.

She asked me what had happened and I told her everything. She held my hand and rubbed it. When I had woken up I realised that I had fallen asleep on her lap.

It was my first time that someone was taking my care. It was my first time falling asleep in someone's lap. All this time, Bella slept in my lap. I never did.
With that I closed my eyes again.
______________________________________

Next morning, I woke up with Luna hand on my head. She gently greeted me and I served her breakfast which she ate gratefully after brushing her teeth. She had a habit of eating breakfast while reading newspaper.

"Lily, if you don't mind... Should I go and wash up at my home then come again? It will take me around 10 minutes." Luna elegantly asked.

"No, take much as time you want to. You took a lot care of me last night. Thank you so much, Luna."

Luna smiled at me and went to her house. Bella woke up soon after. We both ate breakfast together as always.

"Do you know I heard weird noises last night? I don't know whose it was. I think it was just my nightmare so I slept again." Bella said.

Hearing this, I told her everything about last night. She was Shik Shak Shok. Just then Luna slammed the door to open.

"Fastly grab your important things like wallet, phone and all. Quickly." Luna said in a hurry.

"Why Luna? Why are you in a hurry? What happened and where are we going?" I asked worriedly.

"No questions for now. You will know where we are going after we reach there. This time only answers should be allowed for all your doubts. The mystery will be disclosed."

Thoughts were roaming in my head :-
What answers will be given and what mystery will be revealed?
______________________________________

Thank you so much for giving your precious time to read this story and also for your support. See you next time with a new chapter till then Love you all 💖
______________________________________