49 | ignore it until it becomes too big to ignore

S2 E15break on through

S2 E15
break on through

GEORGE AND IZZIE STAND outside SGH, watching the nurse's protest from outside the picket line.

"Can't." George shakes his head. "Can't, can't cross the picket line. I can't."

"I don't like it either, George, but what choice to we have?" Izzie replies. "Ok you took an oath to heal. You're a healer."

"Dad's a truck driver. Mom's a teacher." George replies. "The evening news shows me crossing the picket line... they'll outlive me just to pee on my grave."

"Has there been any blood yet?" Cristina asks, putting her arms around the two.

"Yeah, I heard they brought in scab nurses." Maddison adds, sipping her coffee while wearing her scrubs.

"I think the nurses know that we are on their side." Izzie tells the, and the nurses yell. "Don't they?"

"Sure." Maddison nods. "Cross the line, we'll see."

"Well, we're doctors." Cristina says, then raises her voice. "We have sick patients inside. We have surgeries."

"Ok." Izzie nods. "Then you go first."

Cristina looks at her, then rolls her eyes.

"Screw it." Cristina says, heading towards the line, which makes her get food thrown at her. "Yeah doing my job! Doing my job! Ha-ha!"

"You're doing great, sweetie!" Maddison yells after her.

"They threw food at her!" Izzie tells them, shocked, and George nods. "That is just wrong! Fine I'm going in!"

Izzie walks in too, and gets food thrown at her.

"Change your own bed pan Stevens!" Olivia yells at her.

"Yeah, enjoy your syphilis Olivia." Izzie tells he, turning back.

"Guys, are you coming?" Izzie asks.

"No, I'm good here." George shakes her head.

"Guess, I'll go." Maddison shrugs, and George looks at her.

"You'll go after that?" George asks.

"Yep." Maddison replies, throwing the cup in the dustbin, and walks to the picket line, but no one threw any food on her.