Chapter 2

A loud thud echoed through the house, making everyone to stop what they were doing and look at the hallway.

"This is getting out of control. We need to step in" Hoseok said as he abandoned his spot in the kitchen where he was cutting some vegetables for dinner.

"Hoseok" Namjoon growled with authority. "We can't interfere, they need to solve it on their own"

"And wait until they are literally biting each others heads off? I don't know about you, but to me it sounds like they aren't just arguing anymore!"

"Easy there Hobi. Namjoon is right, interfering could be dangerous - No wait, hear me out - But I do think we need to check if they not physically harming each other" the oldest member said. Even though Namjoon was their pack alpha, Seokjin is still the oldest and therefore the only one who could challenge their leader's decisions.

"Okay, but we're not, I repeat, we are NOT stepping in. They're both presented right now and I don't have to explain what that means" Namjoon said after thinking about his hyung's words for a minute.

The hyung line nodded in agreement and walked to the hallway, until a soft voice popped up. "Hyung where are you going? I thought we were going to play a game"

Ah Jungkook. The only unpresented in the pack since Taehyung had presented two weeks ago. And like any other presentations so far, they tried to keep the pups away from all problems, and this time wasn't any different.

"I will stay with him" Hoseok said as he scarified himself to stay with the maknae. The dancer really wanted to check on the 95-liners, but he knew that out of the 4 he was the least 'important' one to check on them. Namjoon is their pack leader and if things were seriously getting out of hand, he could use his authority and alpha voice to step in if needed (although he said beforehand that he didn't want to do that, no matter what had happened). Seokjin is the oldest and he knew better than anyone what Jimin and Taehyung were going through right now. And since Yoongi was the only omega besides Jimin, it would be better if the second oldest joined them as well.

Seokjin, Yoongi and Namjoon nodded and watched how Hoseok threw an arm around Jungkook's shoulder and guided him back to the living room. And now that the pup was taken care of, the three went back to the hallway until they were in front in the maknae's shared room.

"Remember what I said" Namjoon reminded them one last time before he opened the door.

As Hoseok had predicted, the 95-liners had become physical since Taehyung was straddling a squirming Jimin to the ground. Both boys were sporting some bruises on their arms and legs where they had probably tried to bite each other to determine rank, and it seemed like Taehyung had the upper hand. But then something unexpected happened.

The young and freshly presented alpha suddenly released his tight grip on Jimin's arms and removed his weight from the smaller body underneath him. Taehyung slumped down on the ground next to his soulmate and made a whining sound that confused the watching hyung line. It was clear that Taehyung had more power over Jimin, but it almost seemed like the boy himself didn't want that. And the situation became even more confused when Jimin growled and crawled closer to the slightly younger member.

"No wait" Namjoon whispered as he hold his hand to Yoongi's chest when the rapper stepped forwards. The three kept standing in the doorway as they watched how the roles were now reversed since Jimin was now hovering over Taehyung. The alpha however didn't squirm or fight anymore and eventually even bared his neck to the older one. And then Jimin lowered his head and bite down.

"Let's give them some space. They're fine, they've finally decided their rank" Seokjin said and pulled the younger hyungs along with him. His heart warmed knowing that Taehyung had finally come in terms with his alpha. He knew that the boy was struggling a lot, and that Taehyung had said more than once that he didn't want to challenge Jimin's position. He was okay with being lowest in rank (if you didn't count the pup), but somehow his alpha didn't agree and kept fighting with the youngest omega. But after two weeks, it seemed like Taehyung took control and showed his own decision instead of what his alpha wanted.

"Everything okay?" Hoseok mouthed when he noticed the others coming back to the living room.

"Ah hyung! I won!" Jungkook yelled happily when Hoseok got distracted while playing Mario Kart.

"You're too good for hyung" the alpha said and kissed the boy's head before he placed the controller on the couch "Let me talk to hyungs real quick okay?"

"Okay" the maknae pouted disappointed

"What happened?" Hoseok asked when he joined the rest of the hyung line in the kitchen.

"Taehyung let Jimin dominate him" Namjoon said a little uncertain, as he didn't completely understood what had happened. He had never seen an alpha submit, not when he clearly had the upper hand.

"Taehyung never wanted to challenge Jimin. It's better this way" Seokjin explained

"Wait, what do you mean with Taehyung let Jimin dominate him? And what was that loud thud?" Hoseok asked confused

"Taehyung had Jimin pinned down on the ground, but then he sat back and let Jimin take control without resistance"

"Oh, huh?" the dancer was at lose for words, trying to process the information and figuring out if he completely understood the situation or not.

"Ah Tae play with me, please? Hyungs are boring" Jungkook's voice sounded in the background

"They're back. We should check on them" Yoongi said and moved back to the living room again. At first it looked like nothing had happened, since the youngest two were playing Mario Kart and Jimin was sitting behind them on the couch, making comments to help the boys.

Yoongi said nothing as he moved around the couch and sat down next to the other omega. And in one swift move he pulled the younger one in his arms and started to scent him. "You okay?" he whispered

Jimin nodded and melted further in the rapper's arms. And then another warm body joined them on Yoongi's other side and without looking they knew it was Hoseok. The sunshine member leaned forwards to ruffle Taehyung's hair when the boy had won the game and then moved his hand lower to pull the sweater slightly aside. A fresh bite mark was visible over the right collarbone where Jimin had marked his dominance. Thankfully the omega had some level of self-control because the bite wasn't deep and only two dent marks were slightly bleeding. A shiver went through Hoseok as he thought about Yoongi's bite mark when he had challenged Seokjin. It was a lot messier and more bloody.

Hoseok sighed relieved and bent down to kiss the mark, causing a satisfied moan from Taehyung in return. And when he was close to the boy's scent glands, he could tell that he smelled better again. The whole room smelled better, because not only Taehyung's smell, but also Jimin's smell had cleared up. The smell of anger, frustration and sadness is now replaced with the sweet smell of love, happiness and acceptance.

It was a huge relief for everyone that the soulmates were finally done fighting, because Jimin's heat was set in a few weeks and it would be the first heat for Taehyung to join, who still needed to learn a lot...