twenty nine

IT WAS THE month of Christmas, meaning Evelyn could spend majority of her time listening to Christmas music and studying holiday decorations without the judgement of others pressuring suffocating marks into her skin. She could begin hanging tinsel around her bakery, introducing new and relative desserts surrounding the twenty-fifth day of the month for fun. She could release even the inner depths of her imagination without being seen as bizarre. She could do almost anything.

Just as she was packing up to leave the bakery, Arthur a ghost in her mind, her phone rang. She picked it up without looking at the name, answering with a simple hello.

"Why, hello, my dearest friend," a familiar voice greeted brightly. Evelyn shook her head with a soft laugh.

"Hey, Chip," she smiled into the speaker as she left the shop, waving a quick goodbye to Leona.

"Could you please meet me at an undisclosed location in . . . uh . . . two hours? It's for a video," he proposed hopefully. Evelyn chuckled as she turned onto a sidewalk in the centre of London.

"Of course. May I ask what it's for?" The blonde questioned curiously.

"Oh, yeah. It's for a Come Dine With Me video, but Christmas edition. I wanted to film it early," he explained briefly. "I just need someone there to watch and give us somewhat of a guide, because we honestly have no clue how to cook anything."

"Oh, for sure! Text me the address and I'll be there," she smiled.

"Thanks, buddy," Chip said before hanging up the phone. Evelyn smiled cheerfully while tucking her phone back into her pocket.

Evelyn arrived there before the other guests. She'd knocked on the giant wooden door, being sure approximately three splinters had implanted themselves in the skin between her knuckles, before the door was yanked open to reveal Chip and two different cameras.

"Eva, Evie, Evelyn, come in, welcome!" He cheered kindly before turning to the camera, the blonde walking in behind him. "Evelyn is going to be our elf helper for the night, just incase we burn the place down."