sixteen

"WELL, HOW HAS this managed to happen?" Evelyn questioned as she stepped out of the car

"WELL, HOW HAS this managed to happen?" Evelyn questioned as she stepped out of the car. Arthur held the door open for her, trying to hide his soft laughter as he scratched the tip of his nose. The two men behind them quickly approached with bright grins and a pip in each of their steps.

"Hey, Arthur, and . . . Evelyn, right?" The darker-haired man asked. He held out his hand to the two as the blond behind him stopped.

"Yeah," Evelyn breathed out with a soft nod. "Nice to meet you, Sam and Colby."

"Hey, do you watch our videos?" Sam asked as he shook her hand, his grin growing further than Evelyn thought was even possible.

"You're telling me people haven't?" She questioned with a raised brow, evoking a laugh out of the man. They quickly found themselves in the midst of friendly banter and light-hearted jokes, the peculiar group of four hitting it off almost instantly. In his swirling brain, Arthur thanked whoever was helping make the situation not provoke awkwardness from within himself. That was the last thing he'd wanted.

"So, have you told her what we're doing?" Sam asked Arthur as the boy opened the boot of his car. He swiveled his head back, eyes squinting against the sun.

"Not yet," he grinned, taking a quick glance over at the blonde in question. She was nudging rocks with her shoe, arms crossed; unimpressed. She was getting tired of being alone in not knowing what would soon occur.

"Wait, you're alright with filming, yeah?" Colby asked worriedly, cracking his index finger in front of his chest.

"Yeah, of course," Evelyn nodded. "I do have a question though . . . what the hell is this place?"

Arthur shook his head behind her with a laugh as he grabbed both bags out of the car and dropped them by his feet, reaching up to close the boot of his vehicle. Mindlessly, Evelyn strolled closer to pick up her luggage, but Arthur snatched it away before she could get it.

"I got it, don't worry," he muttered with a gentle smile. The blonde couldn't help but smile back, the sides of her eyes crinkling in delight.

"There's a tour guide inside to take us on a quick scope around, blah, blah, blah. You'll learn more than we even know just by speaking to them," Sam answered as he and Colby copied Arthur's movements in grabbing their luggage. They began to walk closer to the grand entrance.