epilogue

If my brother drops one more ornament, I might scream at him.

It's December 22nd and Hailey's here helping me and my brother decorate the Christmas tree. Tomorrow, Alexis and Lily are coming to watch some Christmas movies and make some pizzas. Things have gotten better for Alexis. Her brother is getting help and is making great progress. She's also got a new boyfriend who loves her so much.

I'm still dating Matthew. Officially now. It's too bad he couldn't come home for Christmas. If there was no big storm he would get to be here. He told me he's made sure to ship our presents.

"Morgan, can you pass the Santa?" Hailey asks.

"Yeah, sure." I hand it to her.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah." I reply. I just really wanted him to be here.

I go to the kitchen when the timer goes off to take the cookies out. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. Pulling it out I see I'm getting a call from Matthew.

"Hi Matty." I say.

"Hello. You busy?" He asks.

"Nope. Just took the cookies out of the oven and we're decorating the tree. That's as busy as it's getting."

"Go outside of your house." He says.

"What?" I ask, giggling. I go to the door and open it. I see exactly what I'd dreamt to see. Matthew standing there, all bundled up with a suitcase, flowers, and a teddy bear dressed as Santa. I run to hug him.

"Surprise!" He says.

"How did you get here?" I ask.

"I know how much you wanted me to be here, so I drove."

"You did that, for me?"

"Yeah."

I pull him in for a kiss. His cheeks are red and cold. I pull him inside and Hailey was just as surprised as I was. She runs to hug him and they catch up.

We all sit around the fireplace to open the gifts we got for each other early. I open Hailey's gift first and she opens mine. I got her a hoodie and she got me these books I've been wanting for a while. I thank her and give her a hug.

"Mine next." My brother says, handing me his present. I open it to see a decorated picture frame with a photo of us.

"Aww, I love it! Thank you." I say and pull him in for another hug.

Finally, Matthew hands me his present, which started with the flowers and teddy bear. I open the wrapped present, which was a Taylor Swift vinyl and two concert tickets to see her.

"I learned most of the songs on the setlist too." He says.

"Matthew, I," I stare at the gift, which is probably the most thoughtful gift I've ever received. Not just the presents themselves, but him being here.

"I love you, Morgan." He says, grabbing my hand.

"I love you too. So much." I kiss him.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

- Author's note

That's all. That's Morgan and Matthew's story. To be honest, I feel a few tears coming. Thank you everyone for reading, and if you got to the end of the book, comment your favourite moment of the book :)

It's going to be something changing the book status to complete.

Anyways, expect more stories to come, this is lcvelyamour singing off of My Best Friend's Brother