2

The next few days were just as much of a disaster as Vareya imagined it would be.

So far her uncle has respected and followed through her request of keeping the Sully family away from her. Yet she couldn't stop her own curiosity from watching the forest monkeys attempt to learn the Metkayina ways.

The first day, her cousins and Roxto decided to take the children out for a dive. They wouldn't last mere minutes before their heads would be popping out of the waters surface for breath.

The next was an attempt to teach them how to ride ilus. Seemed to be a failure at first, yet she was surprisingly impressed at their quick learning, even from the youngest of the siblings.

Then came breathing techniques that her gentle cousin Tsireya patiently taught, as well as sign language.

As much as Vareya tried to ignore them, it bothered her how quickly they were all adapting to this lifestyle so easily.

She couldn't understand how the rest of the clan was willing to accept these foreigners so easily, not that they really had a choice.

It was childish to feel this way, because she knew the true reason wasn't out of fear or distrust. The lonely girl deep down inside of her was hurt by how they come to accept them and not her.

Made the insecure questions she used to ask herself come to her mind, the ones that make her feel foolish.

She's already learned to accept that the clan will never want her, never make her feel belonged. She's too different, too scary, too feared, too unusual.

Vareya has learned to lock those useless feelings away because feeling sorry for herself wasn't getting her anywhere.

She was alone. Wether she liked it or not, that was her reality, her life.

She forced herself to pull away from her hidden spot behind the mangrove, and made her way to her hut.

She had to make preparations for tonight anyways.

~~~~

The Sully children were gathered with the Metkayina children, perched on a rock as they once again worked on their breathing skills, all of them only feeling very little improvement.

Loak had been scolded many times by Tsireya due to his lack of focus, but the whole group knew the reason for his attention wavering.

Yet now it was Neteyams turn to be distracted, but for a different reason. He's been curious about her from the moment she dared to step up to his mother.

A sight that none of the Sully kids have seen before.

Neteyam wanted to learn and understand who that fierce beautiful Na'vi is. The one that no one dared to make eye contact with.

The one who makes the entire clan become absolutely terrified. What has she done that has them so terrified, yet is so close to the chief?

Neteyam was dying to know, and his tongue betrayed him as his words slipped out before he could process them.

" Who is she?" he asked suddenly.

Everyone turned up face him. Tsireya turned her attention away from Tuk, who was practicing the breathing techniques, and turned to face him.

" Who?"

He licked his lips, " The white hair girl we met the first day. Who is she?"

" Yeah, I was curious too." Kiri added.

The siblings looked nervously at each other before Aonung shrugged his shoulders, nodding slightly.

He faced the group with a stern expression, " She's our cousin, Vareya is her name. The clan calls her ' White Death'."