Chapter Five

Edward pulls up to the house behind Rosalie's car, Emmett heading over and picking Rory up again "Sorry Rory." Emmett apologises as Rory groans and winces. "Not your fault." Rory tells him as Emmett carries him in. "Carlisle!" Alice calls as they enter the house. Carlisle walks over "What happened?" he asks, taking note of the state of Rory. "We think he was jumped, we can't get a straight answer out of him." Edward explains. "Get him up to my office." Carlisle tells Emmett. Nodding Emmett takes Rory up to Carlisle's office, gently placing him on the hospital bed "Can you go get me a couple ice packs from the fridge?" Carlisle asks Emmett. "Yeah, I'll be right back." Emmett nods, leaving the room. "Hello Rory, as you can probably guess, I'm Carlisle." the doctor smiles. "Hi, not the way I really wanted to meet you but it's a pleasure." Rory responds with a small smile. Carlisle chuckles "Don't worry, I've seen a lot worse." he assures, Emmett walking back in with the ice packs. Taking one, Carlisle gently places one of the ice packs on Rory's cheek bone and eye "Hold that their while I check you haven't broken any ribs." he tells him. Rory does so, wincing slightly as Carlisle gently touches his bruised side "Nothing broken, I'd just put some ice on them as they're quite bruised." Carlisle tells him. "Thank you." Rory smiles. "No problem Rory." Carlisle smiles.

Rory follows Carlisle downstairs, being greeted by his friends "He hasn't broken anything, just be careful as he's quite bruised." Carlisle warns them. Alice and Rosalie immediately gently hug him "You alright?" Rosalie asks. Rory nods "I'm fine guys, just a bite bruised." he assures them. "Come on we'll introduce you to Esme, she's in the kitchen." Alice smiles, taking his hand and leading him through to the kitchen. "You must be Rory, please call me Esme, it's amazing to finally meet you." the brunette smiles. "You too, you have an amazing home." Rory smiles, accepting the motherly hug. "Thank you, would you like anything to eat?" Esme asks. "I'm alright at the moment but thank you for the offer." Rory tells her. "Just let me know when you're hungry and I'll whip something up." Esme tells him. Rory smiles "Come on, the others are choosing a movie to watch." Alice tells him, dragging him back to the living room.

Rory sits down next to Edward as the others bicker over what movie to watch "Rory...who did this to you?" Edward asks quietly. Rory bites his lip, looking down "Lauren Mallory, Quentin Smith and Kieran Harrow, Jessica Stanley watched while they did." he mumbles. "You need to tell your dad when you get home." Edward tells him. "I know...not really looking forward to it." Rory responds. Edward chuckles slightly "Could be worse." he tells Rory. "How? How could it be worse? My dad is the Chief of police and over protective." Rory deadpans. Edward opens his mouth and closes it again "Fair point." he nods, Rory half smiling in slight amusement. "So, it's either Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone or Jurassic Park." Alice tells them. "Jurassic Park." Rory immediately says. "I'm good with Jurassic Park." Edward nods in agreement. "That was a quick decision Rory." Emmett laughs. "Hey, don't dis Jurassic Park, I love dinosaurs." Rory fake glares.

Part way through the movie Rory falls asleep, his head on Edward's shoulder "You should all tell him soon." Esme tells her children. "We don't want to scare him away." Emmett half jokes. "You can tell by the way he looks at you and is comfortable around you that he can feel the pull. I'm sure he won't be scared away. Besides, I'm sure Alice can tell us." Carlisle tells them. "I haven't seen it all but I know that he won't be scared. We should tell him by the end of the week, maybe this weekend." Alice tells her siblings. "Ask him to ask Charlie if he can stay over on Friday night, that way you can tell him then." Esme suggests. The siblings nod, looking at Rory with a smile as he shifts slightly closer to Edward subconsciously in his sleep "Wake him up when the movie ends and I'll give him some food before he has to go home. If he asks why you aren't eating tell him you'll explain and answer any questions at the weekend." Esme tells her children, getting up and heading to the kitchen to cook something for Rory to eat. Carlisle stands up "Make sure he tells Charlie about what happened at school, it could have been a lot worse." he says before leaving. Rosalie frowns "I don't understand why people would do that to him, he doesn't deserve it." she sighs, looking at Rory's bruised face. "We'll help him get through it, make sure he's not alone at school." Jasper decides making the others nod in agreement.

After waking up, Rory is given a bowl of fresh pasta by Esme "Mmm, this is amazing Esme. Thank you." he smiles. "I'm glad you like it." Esme smiles. "You guys not eating?" Rory as the others. "We... we'll explain at the weekend. It's a long story..." Alice tells him. Rory nods "Okay." he shrugs, carrying on eating his pasta. Edward chuckles slightly with Jasper and Emmet as the girls smile "Esme said you can stay over on Friday if you want." Rosalie tells Rory. "I'll ask dad when I get home. I think he'll say it's alright though." Rory responds, smiling as he takes another mouthful of pasta. "Good idea, don't forget to tell him what happened at school though." Edward reminds him. Rory groans "Do I have to?" he asks with a whine. "Yes." all five siblings tell him simultaneously. Pouting, Rory stuffs another mouthful of pasta into his mouth.

Rory climbs out Emmett's jeep "Thanks for the lift Em, I'll see you at school tomorrow." he smiles. "See you there, don't forget Edward is picking you up tomorrow." Emmett responds before driving off. Rory smiles and walks into the house "Dad?" he calls. "In here." Charlie responds from the kitchen. Taking a breath, Rory walks into the kitchen "Hey dad... I need to tell you something. Please don't be mad or do anything rash." he tells Charlie. "Depends on what it is. Have you don't something illegal?" Charlie asks with a frown from where he's loading the washing machine. "No-no-no, nothing like that. Just...something happened and the Cullen's told me I had to tell you." Rory quickly explains. "Okay, what is it?" Charlie asks. "I um... got beat up at school..." Rory trails off, not looking at his dad. "You what? Why didn't you call me? I could have picked you up. Who was it? You give me their name." Charlie rambles, checking Rory over. "I'm fine dad, Carlisle looked me over at their house. I didn't want to worry you or make you leave work when I was already being checked over by a Doctor." Rory explains. "Who was it Rory?" Charlie asks. Rory still doesn't look up making Charlie sigh "Son, I just want to make sure that they're dealt with and that they won't do it again." he tells his son. "Lauren Mallory, Quentin Smith and Kieran Harrow, Jessica Stanley watched." Rory mumbles, Charlie writing down their names. "Okay, I'll talk to the school tomorrow morning and get this sorted. You go up to bed and get some sleep." Charlie tells Rory. "Night dad." Rory smiles weakly. "Night son." Charlie responds.