Chapter Eight

Rory runs downstairs on Christmas Eve, carrying his bag "Slow down Rory, don't want you falling." Charlie tells him. "Sorry dad, just making sure I have everything." Rory apologises, looking round the living room for anything he's forgotten. "You've checked three times already." Charlie chuckles. "Well, I'm checking again. I don't want to forget anything." Rory responds. Charlie shakes his head fondly "I'm sure your partners will have stuff you can borrow if you need to." he tells Rory. Rory smiles slightly "They will, mainly because, Em, Jaz and Ed like it when I wear their hoodies and Rose and Allie find it funny when they argue over whose hoodie I'm wearing." he tells his dad who chuckles. Opening his bag, Rory checks he has everyone's presents and everything else that he needs "Okay, I have everything." he confirms, running to the door when the doorbell goes. Smiling he opens the door to find Alice there "Hey Allie Cat." he greets, giving a kiss in greeting. "Hey Rory. Hi Charlie." Alice smiles, walking inside. "Hey Alice." Charlie greets. Alice hands Charlie a gift bag "Happy Christmas, it's from my parents, siblings and I." she tells him. "Thank you." Charlie smiles, slightly taken back.

"I'll see you in a couple days dad, I'll call you tomorrow though." Rory tells him. "Okay, have fun kiddo. You got the presents from me, your mum and your sister?" Charlie asks. "Yep, they're in my bag." Rory nods, pulling his shoes on. "Alright, see you in a couple days." Charlie says, giving Rory a quick hug. "Bye dad." Rory smiles. "Bye Charlie, have a good Christmas." Alice smiles. "Thank you Alice. Pass my thanks onto your siblings and parents for the present." Charlie tells her. "I will." Alice smiles, taking Rory's hand as they leave. The two of them climb in the car, Rory chucking his bag into the back as Alice starts driving "What did you guys get him?" he asks. "New watch." Alice responds. "And by new watch you mean the expensive one he's been looking at for the last two months but can't afford to get himself." Rory smiles. "Exactly." Alice confirms with a smile, making Rory laugh.

Alice pulls up to the house making Rory climb out the car and grab his bag from the back of the car "You're going to love the idea I had about this evening." Alice smiles. Rory smiles back in return "I'm sure I will Allie Cat." he responds, letting Alice take his hand and lead him inside. Immediately Rory is pulled into a hug and kiss from Rosalie "I missed you." she tells him. "I missed you too. All of you." Rory smiles. Rosalie smiles and leads him into the living room which has been decorated for the next day "I'm going to guess that Alice was let loose on the tree." Rory smiles. "We decided to give up on trying to reel her in." Esme smiles, walking in and giving Rory a hug. "Can she ever be reeled in?" Rory smiles, teasing Alice slightly. "You love it really." Alice smirks. "You know I do Allie Cat. The tree looks amazing." Rory nods. "The boys are out hunting, they should be back in the next hour or so." Esme tells him, Rory nodding in confirmation. "Gives me time to put the presents under the tree." Rory smiles. "I'm still confused as to why I can't see what you've got each of us." Alice pipes up. "Maybe it's like Edward, you can't see things I don't want you to." Rory suggests. "It'd make sense." Rosalie nods, helping Rory put the presents under the tree. "Even more special and unique than we thought." Alice smiles, putting a Santa on Rory. "Is the hat necessary?" Rory asks. "Yes." Alice responds, not giving him a choice on the matter.

" Alice responds, not giving him a choice on the matter