Chapter 35

Triton kidnapped and Kaiden's sister when he tried to back out of their agreement. 

In return, Kaiden declared war on Triton pack. 

Triton declared war on Kaiden's pack. 

Elijah Tyner was one of the many causalities. 

Despite everything that Katie went through, she felt as though life was finally peaceful. Two days after Kaiden supposedly flew away, Katie finally did a thorough snoop through his things. By that, she met his mother to invite her to her son's funeral. 

"Did my silly boy fly away?" Was the first question Kaiden's mother asked her. 

Katie nodded and Kaiden's mother clicked her tongue, shaking her head. She didn't look perturbed at all by Katie's admission. 

"That is the thing about the Crow boys, ain't it. The curse really does a number on them." 

"Curse?" Katie asked, remembering Marie's exact words. 

Kaiden's mother nodded and a sad and longing expression crossed her face, "The Crow curse. Placed on every Crow Alpha at birth by the Girl of Silver. After they find their mate, they will immediately loose her. They will loose their wolf and turn into a crow, where they live the rest of their days in solitude." 

Katie blanched and her gut sunk. Her hand went up to rub her stomach in shock. She had her suspicions of course, but nothing could prepare Katie for Kaiden's mother's explination. 

Outside, a bird chirped and Katie looked out the window, eyes scanning the trees until they stopped on a dark raven feathered bird. Kaiden's mother sniffled and Katie wondered what it was like, living without a husband and a son. 

Kaiden had kept so much from Katie. She wondered if their relationship ever even had a chance. Was it doomed from the beginning? If Katie wasn't a wolf, she probably would never have given Kaiden a chance. The mate bond kept her tied to him in unbreakable chains. Sadness welled in Katie and she looked down at her stomach. 

She would use Kaiden as an example to teach Kenneth Kaiden Xavier Crow what not to do. Her hand ran over her warm belly and Kaiden's mother watched her with soft regretful eyes. 

"Sometimes, I wonder if my boy would have turned out differently. If I had been there for my son, maybe I wouldn't be wondering what type of flowers he wants on his grave." She paused, fiddling with her hands before looking into Katie's eyes, "Don't be like me. Savour it, the short time you have with your pup. Be there and be present." 

Katie nodded and a warm feeling spurred inside her chest. She planned on doing exactly that. 

A knock sounded on the door. Katie spun around as the door flew open and Wyatt stepped in. His twinkling eyes met Kaiden's mother before they moved onto Katie. 

"Alpha," He bowed his head. When he looked up, his eyes had not moved from Katie's and she felt herself smile as he walked toward her, sitting next to her on the couch. 

"I wouldn't call me that," Katie joked, squirming in her seat, "I was barely a leader when Kaiden was in power." 

Wyatt grinned and pointed at himself, "Don't worry, Alpha. I am there for you, every step of the way. I am the beta after all!"

Kaiden's mother laughed, "Damn right. The best one around, keeping us all sane." 

Katie giggled as Wyatt puffed his chest out in pride. 

Crow pack was still healing, but Katie knew that she was ready, now more than ever to be a leader. She was no longer going to be a Luna. No, she was going to be Alpha. 

For the first time since she met Kaiden Crow, she was finally sure of herself. Her wolf still craved it's beastly tendencies. Even it fell in awe of Katie's child. The sweet baby was a product of something horrible, but would grow up one day to be someone great and happy. 

Katie would make sure of it. 

Well my loves, that's a wrap. This book wasn't supposed to have a happy ending. It is supposed to demonstrate the darker side of werewolf hierarchy. I hope you enjoyed reading this story and going on this journey with me!

I was thinking of doing some character interviews for a special. If there is anything you would like to ask characters, ask them here:

Kaiden------->

Wyatt--------->

Katie---------->

Augustus----->

Triton--------->

Elijah--------->

Until next book!