Feeling Safe / Pt1 (Shirogane Takashi) Voltron

A/N:

OH MY GOD I just realized that this book reached 138K!!!

Thank you guys so much!

NOTE: THIS IS AN OMEGAVERSE AU!!!

------------------------------------------

Work.

[Y/N] hates that word. Who doesn't? When you're young, 'school' is their most hated word. His life was- no, scratch that. No student has a life. Period. It's a repeated cycle of school, study, and sleep. He calls it 'The Cursed Tripe S'.

But then every student graduates eventually, and [Y/N] was no different. It was a long struggle finding a decent job. He has went to many interviews that he has lost the count of. Telling him that they would call him back. Nobody called him back.

Maybe it was due to the fact that he was an Omega. Omegas were rare, just like Alphas. But the only difference between them is that Omegas are frowned upon for being weak, while the Alphas were treated with respect. Omegas, not so much.

[Y/N] hated that.

Just because he was an omega, doesn't mean he was 'weak' or 'stupid'. He studied hard and graduated just like everybody else. They can't just criticize him just because of what he is, but because of what he achieved.

But alas, life is hard. People are cruel. And he can't do anything about it. One person cannot change the world. Although it wouldn't hurt anyone to hope.

He wanted to give up searching because, what's the point anymore? However, he needed the money to, well, survive. He needed food and a roof over his head. And he can't have that without a job. So, the search continues. Until one day his phone rang loudly with his favorite ringtone. A number he couldn't recognize appeared on the screen.

"[L/N] speaking,"

"Good morning mister [L/N]," An unfamiliar female voice spoke, "This is Allura of Voltron Enterprises..."

Oh. My. God!

"I GOT A JOB!!!!"

[Y/N] shouted out loud right after hanging up, throwing his hands in the air, dancing around his apartment happily. He couldn't believe he got a job! And in THE Voltron Enterprises no less! The most popular company of all times! People would do anything to get a job there.

Allura informed him that he would start his new job tomorrow. He admits that he's so nervous, but he's also excited to be there. The lady hasn't specified the nature of his job yet, saying everything would be explained in details upon meeting.

What kind of people would he be meeting? What about the work place? Is he going to have his own office? What about the salary? Was it going to be good as it was rumored it to be? Everybody thinks that they pay well, but was it actually true?

Only one way to find out.

The next day couldn't come any faster. [Y/N] wore his favorite colored suit, fixed his satchel on his shoulder and across his torso, and looked at the mirror one last time. He smiled at himself. He tried to remember is he forgot anything.

Suppressants? Check.

Satchel? Check.

Phone and keys? Check and check.

He then looked at his reflection in the mirror one last time.

New job, new beginnings.

That was his new motto that he came up with. It was a good one, though. It gave him confidence. He made sure to lock his apartment, and then made his way to the bus stop. He looked at the watch resting on his wrist, the drive would take thirty minutes.