05-Apr-2021 | March

Ello ello, 

I have one heck of an update for you all! It's been a while and I can only apologise for the long silence and the distance between chapters. 

So, March has been March and not been very fun for me. 

I have had some spontaneous events occur, theft, personal matters, and everything seemed to converge on March and only in March and now I'm facing the repercussions of the fallout in April. To think, I thought I'd been 2020'd enough but apparently the feeling spread through to this year too. 

It's been hard, and I've been so focused on the very adult things that have happened that I haven't had the energy, creativity, let alone the time to write anything or check my notifications. 

So I apologise for being distant, unfortunately it was matters outside of my control which created my silence. I'm still alive! I'm still writing, life just hit me hard this past month and knocked me off course. 

But April seems to be on the mend, on the come up, and hopefully it'll be okay soon. I have my fingers crossed, well, I have everything crossed in hope. 

How are you? Are you doing okay? 

A positive on my end, I discovered BTS thanks to the MTV video of their Dynamite performance, and I mentioned it to a friend and now I'm swarmed (in the best way) with all the things I should be listening to. It's fun! I love discovering new music to listen to. 

I've been trying to broaden my horizons in terms of the arts. Most of my knowledge has come from compilation videos of musicians flexing and I make a note of who they are so I can listen to them more. If you have any artists you recommend, let me know! Tell me your favourites, I'm eager to learn and listen to something new. 

My weekend has been spent devouring chocolates and cake, and honestly it's ignited my flame of creativity again. Cake is perfect medicine (unless you're allergic) but it my friend who loves BTS also helped. 

I'm a trained editor and helping edit one of her works was really helpful too. So combining that, with the large slab of cake I had, I'm beginning to get back into the creative mindset. I just needed a (sugar) kick, apparently haha!

Before anyone asks, my services as an editor are not available right now. 

It is handy when going through my own work though, as I realised when I read back on SIREN BAY recently and went, oh dear that's a mistake, but I'm leaving it until I finished the book itself before I go back and scrub up the correct tense and grammar. 

That's my routine; plan and research the book, write the book, edit the book, and viola! It's ready to stay on the internet forever. 

This routine though, only began with TYPHOON & TEMPEST, and the books after. Any books before, nope, they are the most chaotic pieces of writing I have and it's taken years to edit them because they're absolutely mad. 

On other little updates, I've been working on LUNA ECLIPSE, which is the book I'll be writing after I finish SIREN BAY (which is only five chapters away from finishing). I'm very excited to begin sharing it with you guys, it's my first adult book! I'd put T&T in to YA, SB into NA, and LE into adult, if I was to slot them somewhere. 

If you want to read up on LE, there's the beginnings up already on my profile, so you can see what the book has in store and how it came to be. 

I've also looked at Behind Closed Gates again, and I'm preparing the mental gymnastics to dive back in and finish editing that book. My goodness, it's hard, because there are so many things wrong and so much to change and edit, but I want to polish it and finish it into something I'm proud of again. 

In personal news, I'm planning on having a little birthday party for myself this year. Or next year. I haven't quite decided yet. It might be next year, for the big 25, but I'm tempted to have it this year because why wait for a milestone birthday for a themed party?

Here's my theme - full on costume party. The only rule is you have to go ALL OUT, like wigs and all. I'm keen for it, I've always wanted to have one, so I'll have one because no one else I know is going to anytime soon, and I already have a costume in mind. 

I, get ready for it, shall be the Fairy Godmother from Shrek 2 when she's singing Holding Out For A Hero. 

I WILL LOOK FANTASTIC

And what an iconic sequence. I want that energy and that vibe for my birthday, it'll be glorious. 

If I'm not particularly recogniseable I might even treat you guys to a picture of the outfit. I'm always private about myself and what I look like, why I have a pseudonym, but this event might be too brilliant to NOT share. 

So, that's been my March - swamped with bad news and adult responsibilities, but I'm holding out for a heroic event where I look iconic in a red, glittering dress... oh yeah, and books too. 

I hope you've been well, safe, healthy, and importantly, happy too. 

Much love, 

Libby x