Chapter 32: Bitter-Sweet Day!

Caroline's POV

"Cara? Babe? Are you ready?" Daniel asked from the other side of the door. Cause I sent him to the other room to get ready, because I knew I'll be late and it'll be waste of his time waiting for me. Since half an hour he's standing out and knocking repeatedly. He's bought me a coe shoulder knee length red skirt. And it's very pretty. I guess he has an obsession with red. But..... the problem is that I don't have any matching sandals! Heels! It seems pregnant women are not allowed to wear heels. But it's fine cause my heels are not too long. Oh god! I don't want to go now! What shall I wear now? I opened the door disappointedly with a sad face almost ready to cry. Daniel stood infront of me with a happy face as soon as he saw me but instantly had on a worried face.
"What happened baby? Why are you crying?" He asked and held my waist.

"I don't wanna come! I don't have the right sandals" I whined and leaned on to him with my hands around his neck.

"Oh that! Don't worry! I have the solution for that" he kissed my nose and carried me bridal style with my hands still around his neck. Oh I'm so tired! Obviously! I've been getting ready since three hours. He placed me on the sofa picked a box from the side that was next to the sofa and opened it "This one's for my prettiest princess!" He said with simple gold heels in his hands and took his time to make me wear those. He was careful not to hurt my legs anyway. My eyes filled with tears. I never thought my Daniel, the Daniel I know would ever be so romantic and caring. Then he stood up and gave me another blue box to open. It obviously looked like a jewellery box. And there sat a beautiful diamond necklace! I love Diamonds!

"Oh My God! Daniel! They're beautiful. But... you didn't have to" I said looking at him. And all the while he was grinning from ear to ear looking at my expressions.

"Of course, they are! Cause it's for my beautiful Cara. Can I help you wear it?" He asked and I nodded. He took his own time again..

"Stop kissing me and come here!" I said strictly stiffling my laugh.

"No baby! There's more..." he said and opened another box with red earings. Those are diamonds too.

"Did anyone tell you that I love Platinum and Diamonds?" I asked instantly after I saw the earrings.

"Mmhmm... you're best friend" he said and winked. Wow! I'm on cloud nine. I quickly put them on.

"Why are you being so sweet? Have you done something wrong?" I teased him.

He acted as if he's thinking something and said "Yes! I did.. it's a sin to fall in love with such a gorgeous lady like you!" He said dreamily.

"You know you have the worst pick up lines?" I said and burst out laughing.

He sighed and said "What to do Sweetheart? Love is messy and hard! 'I hate the sin, but love the sinner'!" He said and this time I smiled sweetly at him. Hmm... he's trying too hard to impress me. While I'm already head over heels in love with him. "Ok lets get serious now." He said and suddenly kneeled down infront of me. "Cara...... I know I've not been the sweetest guy to you. I already know I don't deserve you. You deserve so much better that I'm scared that one day you'll leave me for someone better. And I definitely don't want that. I know I'm being selfish! But I want you to be mine. MINE in every way possible. And I know it wasn't the best speech as well but anyways..... Will you do me the honour of being my wife?" He asked the last sentence happily. His hopeful eyes were pleading me to say 'yes' and I was still looking at him with shocked wide eyes. "Will you?" He asked impatiently. I can't get his hopes up like this. I need to give him an answer.