The Darkness Ignited (The Gif...

נכתב על ידי magicpatio

"Mom said that we would make a new underground. I just didn't see how that was possible, but somehow we did... עוד

Preface
Chapter 1 Part 1
Chapter 1 Part 2
Chapter 2 Part 1
Chapter 2 part 2
Chapter 2 Part 3
Chapter 3 Part 1
Chapter 3 Part 2
Chapter 4 Part 1
Chapter 4 Part 3
Chapter 5 part 1
Chapter 5 Part 2
Chapter 6 Part 1
Chapter 6 part 2
Chapter 7 Part 1
Chapter 7 Part 2
Chapter 8 Part 1
Chapter 8 Part 2
Chapter 9 Part 1
Chapter 9 Part 2
Chapter 10 Part 1
Chapter 10 Part 2
Chapter 11 Part 1
Chapter 11 Part 2
Authors Note/Part 2 is Posted!!

Chapter 4 Part 2

71 7 1
נכתב על ידי magicpatio

Lauren's Pov

Jack, my ex-boyfriend who I haven't seen since the day Andy got his powers is here, in the underground. How is this even possible, he's not a mutant right? My brain was going a million miles per second trying to figure out how this was possible. Is Jack a mutant?

"Lauren, are you ok?" Andy asked me. I shook my head no, no I was not. I was freaking out.

Mom walked in front of the hallway we were standing in, "Andy, Lauren, there you are, I've been looking everywhere for you. We got some new information about the Inner Circle. We are going to tell everyone about some of it tomorrow but I thought that you should know a little bit more than others. There is a spy working for the Inner Circle here. We don't know who it is or when they came or if they are even here yet but we do know that they are getting information on how to take the underground down from the inside. We are going to increase security to try to figure out if they are here or stop them from getting in." She said. I looked at Andy and my panic rose.

"A spy? Like for real?" Andy said I could feel him getting nervous which only made me more nervous than I already was.

"Yes, a spy. I want you both to be at the meeting so you know what's going on." Mom said.

"Why weren't we told about this when you were?" I asked.

"We just didn't have time. John was rushing us, he wanted to tell us about everything right away and no one knew where either of you was." Mom said. "I'm going to tell more people to meet in the living area for the meeting tomorrow. I expect to see you both there."

She walked away and I looked at Andy. "A freaking spy. Great, just great." I said, my voice shaking.

Mia's Pov

Caitlin had come to where Josh and I were staying. We were in one of the rooms with two beds pushed into the corner of the room with a curtain that could be pulled around the beds for privacy. We had crashed here last night after helping Lizzie and Cameron finish getting stuff together. They had just headed out on the bus that was going to take them to Baltimore, where they would be staying for now. Hopefully, they would come back at some point but Cameron's stubborn so probably not, at least not for a while.

"Hey, there is going to be a group meeting that everybody has to come to in about 15 minutes in the living area," Caitlin said.

"Ok, we'll be there," I said smiling as I put an extra blanket over my bed that honestly was more of a cot.

Caitlin left. I turned to Josh, "You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why?" He said sitting on his bed.

"It's just with everything that's happened these past few days I wanted to make sure. I mean we literally are now on the run from the cops." I said.

"Yeah, it feels like we're in a bad TV show or something." He said laughing.

"Let's head down to the meeting now so we won't be late," I said smiling. He nodded.

We were standing in the living area where Esme had interviewed us when we had first gotten here. I saw Lauren and Andy slip in right before John started talking. Lauren's eyes were darting around like she was either scared or looking for someone.

"So, you are probably all wondering why we called this meeting. We recently got information that made us believe that we should increase security. We will be installing cameras around the bunker, not just in the main hallway, to make sure that everybody in here is supposed to be here. We will also be installing more security cameras outside. If anyone would like to volunteer we were thinking of having guards. We had them at the Atlanta station and thought it would be a good idea to have some here too." John said loudly addressing the group.

Some dude in the back volunteered along with an older girl. I turned to Josh "Do you think that I could do the guard thing?" I whispered.

He shrugged and whispered back, "Sure why not."

"I can do the guard thing," I said. Lorna smiled at me. I glanced around, a few people looked skeptical that a tiny blond little girl would be able to do much in a fight. Oh well, guess I would just have to prove them wrong.

A few more people volunteered, but not many. The meeting ended and Lorna came over to where Josh and I were standing.

"Hey, Lorna. What's up?" I asked.

"I was just thinking that we could do a training session later. I want to get a better feel for your powers," Lorna said.

"Sure why not," I said smiling.

Josh turned to me, "Mia I'm going to talk to Caitlin. I think I could help her with some medical things," he said.

"Ok, see you later," I said as he walked towards the hallway she disappeared down. I turned back to Lorna, "Well I guess I don't have any plans, do you want to do the training session now?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's go to the training room," She said.

I walked into the training room. It was a huge room with pillars holding up the ceiling. There were a couple of pillows laid out on the ground so if people were practicing fighting each other they wouldn't get too banged up hitting the floor. On one side there were a few targets set up to practice shooting at. I had come in here earlier after Cameron and Lizzie left to shoot my new bow a few times. I only hit the center of the target once in the thirty minutes I had been down here.

"I'm going to throw stuff at you and I want you to not get hurt. Okay?" Lorna said, bringing my attention back to her.

I nodded and pulled shadows in front of me, ready to teleport them somewhere else. I heard something coming at me from the side and quickly moved the shadows pulling an object into them. I teleported it into my hand and looked at it. It was a small chunk of metal. I smiled.

"Good," Lorna said nodding. "I didn't really expect you to be able to react that fast."

"I used to train myself. I would have Josh throw something at me and I would teleport it somewhere else," I said shrugging.

"Interesting. Have you started practicing your new weapons yet?" She asked

"Yeah, a little," I said. I walked over to where I had put my bow after I had practiced earlier, "I didn't hit the center that much but I got close a lot."

Lorna nodded, "Just keep working at it. You'll get there. You can't be perfect at everything right away."

I knew she was right. "Yeah, I know, just gotta keep practicing, right?" I said. I switched topics to something I had been thinking about. "About that security plan that John was talking about, how are you going to get more security cameras? From what I understand security cameras are expensive."

Lorna sighed, "We don't know. There are a few humans around here that help us out sometimes but they've been dwindling. Most have stopped because of the new mutant laws and the ones that do still help, I don't think that we can ask them to get us security cameras. There would be too many questions about why they would need so many. I mean we would need one in every room."

"Two in every room. You would need at least two," I said, "There needs to be a camera facing the first camera's blind spot. If you don't do that people can still hide what they are doing there."

Lorna looked at me curiously, "Right, we definitely thought of that."

I smiled, "Let's get back to training."

Josh's Pov

I left Mia to go to find Caitlin. I searched for a few minutes and found her in the medical area. She was hovering over a little girl with blue hair and a cut on her arm. It looked pretty deep.

"Hey, I can help with that," I said. Caitlin looked up noticing me standing just inside the room. "I have healing abilities."

"Ok, it's a pretty deep cut almost to the bone," she said.

I walked over and kneeled down to look at the cut. It was pretty deep, it looked pretty jagged too.

"How did this happen?" I asked the small girl.

"I fell and accidentally cut it on broken glass," she said, blushing slightly.

I nodded. Mia had done this at least 12 times when we were exploring abandoned buildings. She was clumsy and really liked exploring abandoned buildings which is not really a great combination.

I put my hand over the wound and pushed my powers through to her cut. I watched as my green powers glowed around the wound stopping the bleeding, and slowly stitching the skin back together.

The blue-haired girl watched in amazement as I pulled my hand away from her freshly healed wound.

"Wow, there isn't even a scar left. That's so cool!" The girl said, examining her arm. She looked up with a huge smile on her face. "Thank you!"

I smiled as she jumped up and ran off. I looked up at Caitlin, she was looking at the door that the girl just ran through.

"Impressive," Caitlin said as she turned back to me. "How much do you know about medicine?"

"Not much, just some stuff I've picked up over the years," I said.

"How about I teach you some stuff. Healing is great and all but you should learn the medical stuff behind it too," she said.

I stood up, "Sure. It makes sense to know what I'm doing when I'm healing," I said.

She walked over to a shelf with some vials of medicine on it. "What exactly are the limitations of your powers? I've been around mutants long enough to know you all have limits," she said, turning around with a bottle of red liquid in one hand and a vial of clear liquid in the other.

"I can heal just about any wound but if it's bad enough I can't heal it all the way, just mostly. Some wounds can't be healed but those don't happen often. And if someone gets hurt from overusing their powers I can't heal that, but if you have a nosebleed because of overuse of your powers I can fix that cause it's just a burst blood vessel," I said.

"Interesting" Caitlin said. She held up the red vial, "This is Hypercortisone-D, it can help when people overuse their powers. It's the pharmaceutical version of kick, so only use it in emergencies."

I looked at the vial in her hand, "Doesn't kick boost your powers?" I asked.

"Yes, but it can also stabilize them too," she said. That made sense.

Caitlin put the red vial back on the shelf. She twitched the clear vial in her other hand. "This is a sedative. If someone is freaking out it would be hard to heal them so give them some of this and they will calm down," she said. "I'll come and get you next time someone gets hurt. Okay?"

"Yup. No problem. See you then," I said walking out the door. I glanced at the shelf of medicine one more time before I left.

Lorna's Pov

Mia and I had finished training for the day about an hour ago. We decided to do some more tomorrow morning, to help her keep getting stronger with her powers. I was heading to the meeting room because Marcos said that John and Caitlin wanted to talk to us about something.

I heard some guitar music coming from one of the bedrooms. I noticed the door was open. I peeked in and saw Mia holding a guitar surrounded by some of the younger kids. She was turning one of the nobs at the top and strumming one string. The pitch changed slightly each time she did.

"Ok, I think I got it!" Mia said. She started strumming the guitar, she was pretty good. She was smiling and started singing a little as some of the kids started clapping along with the beat.

She was clearly having a lot of fun with these kids. It made me miss Dawn a bit. I smiled sadly and kept walking through the hallway. 

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1.4K 63 38
"I never thought that I'd see the day, when we would ever hear you roar again." ~~~~~ It had been years since they had seen each other. One enlisted...
8.9K 196 17
When Megan finally left her abusive home and found a new family, life couldn't be better but when one nightmare makes her relive her worst moments a...
10.4K 939 100
"Three weeks. That's how long I got to have drama-free. I'm not sure what is happening to me or to Oakwood. Nothing's the same since I rolled into to...
58.8K 1.4K 32
Tate Callahan has known Lorna and John for as long as she can remember. They're her family and she's theirs. It all started when she met Lorna. Tate...