MEDIUM

بواسطة Lyfeo_M_Jay

Adrian knew he was weird, well weirder, he had abilities and powers no one had, he could see things no normal... المزيد

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

13.

4.5K 330 56
بواسطة Lyfeo_M_Jay

Leyton Carval Mansion.

"Why can't I touch them, I can't even get close!" The head of the vampires hissed rather loudly when yet again he tried to touch the kids huddled up in the middle of his large office, he was frustrated, tired, and annoyed, the demons had brokered him a deal to rise above the patriarch but they needed fresh blood for their sacrificial spell, lucky for them, a couple of his men found three mystic kids at the local private preschool, snatched them up with magic before anyone could see.

"They are protected Leyton, and whoever this witch is, she or he is very powerful, I can't break this spell, it's a lot of things combined to create it." The witch he had tasked the job was only spouting reasons she couldn't get him what he wanted, he used his speed and pinned the woman to the wall, her feet dangling just above ground, the fear he wanted registered in her mud brown eyes. "Break the protection then, stop giving me excuses why you can't." He hissed again but this time he could feel a surge of energy beginning to gather around the children.

He tossed the woman aside, her brown locks covering her face. "I told you Leyton, the witch that performed this ritual is powerful, the more danger these children are, the more powerful it becomes, and it will be a beacon, drawing the witch of protection who cast it." Her words weren't lost on Leyton but he kept thinking who exactly was so powerful, this caliber of magic wasn't an easy feat, who would go out of their way to protect two twin witches and a fae child, the way the children huddled together themselves, they knew to stay strong even in danger, he wondered who would instill such devotion and trust.

"The witch of protection comes, and not even death can take what he protects." The woman on the floor was now rambling, there was truth in her words but he didn't want to believe it, how could he believe it, the witch of protection, it's ridiculous. As he thought of his next move Cooper and Zoey burst through the door. "Oh no dad, what did you do?" Cooper asked as pure unadulterated fear registered on his face, that's when the vampire head knew, there was something about these kids he should've known.

"Adrian is gonna be pissed." Zoey exclaimed and that's the revelation he didn't expect.

~~~~
Jax.

It was like a pinprick at the back of his neck, a warning that triggered so many alarms in his head, they were all in danger, he could feel it, he could sense it somehow, he had tried to contact Adrian through the think but there was nothing, he felt pain at his lower back, it wasn't his, it was Adrian's, he tried again to contact him but he got flashes of the kids, something just flickered in his vision and he saw them vanishing from the playground during recess, he had to make a choice, Adrian or the kids, and he chose the kids, Adrian could fight on his own.

He knew Johnny would find Adrian and help him, he knew his mate would know the kids were in danger, so his eighth tail appeared, in a flash he vanished, and appeared at the school playground, he had given everything on him to Johnny before so he could track without worrying, he tracked the kids easily as if they were giving out a signal that called out to him, a cry for help. What baffled him was where it led, he should have known they would do something like his.

"Sir you can't be here." The first vampires who guarded the mansion called out, they moved fast to restrain him but with his own speed he instantly broke their necks, he wanted his kids back and that's all that mattered, anyone in his way would die. "Stop him!" There was a yell and ten vampires now surrounded him, the first two lunged for him, he veered right and punched right through the man's ribcage pulling his heart out, one of his tails emerged and it went right through the second vampire's chest.

Four more lunged for him, he dodged by spinning back, he knew how to fight vampires, he had read about it, never give them a chance to use any techniques, so as he spun back again, flipped into the air and attacked, the first one had his throat ripped out by claws, the second two had their hearts removed. "Sea of blood." The fourth one cast but Jax had already seen the weakness of his technique, his first tail glowed a dark green, the ground beneath them shifted as vines and roots sprouted out, the attack never reached him, it's momentum was cut off by the vines, with a wave of his hand the vines killed the rest of the vampires before they even suspected it.

Three of his tails were visible as he moved past the massacre, when he got to the door red swirling energy gathered in a sphere in his palm, he blasted the doors off their hinges shocking the vampires inside, one of them was Conrad, his friend, standing in front of what seemed to be a fifty man army. "How could you?" Jax growled, indeed how could he let this happen, why would he do this, betrayal after betrayal. "I don't know what you're talking about Jax but you need to calm down, you just killed twelve men outside." Conrad was playing the diplomat but with all those people behind him, it wasn't convincing.

"Give me my kids!" Jax yelled and the walls shook with the amount of power he was emitting, his aura itself was scary, Conrad didn't see him move, but registered the impact just seconds before, a kick from Jax threw him to the wall and he crashed onto it, he slid down to the ground bloody, Jax could feel them, they were here. "I want my kids." Jax growled and this time Conrad was truly terrified, the kitsune stood in attack stance as all his tails appeared on his back.

Eight purple pillars with sharpened tips appeared around the room, they emitted a dark energy that none of them had ever felt. "Dark pillar: Serpents Death." The kitsune cast and everything became eerily silent, the vampires wanted to attack but they were stuck in place, a purple fog was draining them as if it were poison slithering all around them, the pillars took on the drain more rapidly than any of them expected, one by one the vampires began to drop.  "Jax stop, please stop, these people have families!" Conrad yelled walking toward him, but didn't he have his own family.

The kitsune didn't reply he only moved from the ground as his attack killed it's last victim, Conrad lunged for Jax but a black shield appeared around him and threw him back to the wall, he moved as if he were flying, his tails moving back and forth behind him, four of the pillars vanished and four rotated around him, two of them shot up straight to the ceiling and pierced right through shattering the whole thing, he moved upwards but before he could go past the shattered ceiling, a fog filtered all around him, he could feel fae magic in the air, and a vampire.

A single tail waved around like a fan and cleared the fog. "Hello Zoey." Jax hissed looking at the girl in her true form. "I won't let you destroy the only place I know as home." The girl announced looking at him as he hovered in the air. "Foolish girl, give me my kids then and I won't kill you as mercy." Jax growled as he looked at her but he could feel the lance being aimed at him from a ninety degree angle, his pillars moved and acted as a shield, the lance shattered on impact. "We are just as powerful as you Jax so don't understand estimate us." Cooper hissed as he released more lances toward Jax.

They didn't reach the kitsune, they were absorbed by the purple fog swirling around him. "Is that so." He taunted and lunged for the fae girl, she was barely able to dodge the fist that was hurled at her, what Zoey didn't know was Jax already had an attack awaiting her from behind. "Zoey look out!" Cooper yelled but it was too late, the girl was slammed down by a pillar, Jax appeared just above her and kicked her to the wall where she bounced off and fell to the ground. "Not much resistance is there, I thought you were strong." Jax replied with a grin, he was baiting Cooper and the boy didn't disappoint.

What none of them knew was that Jax fought with a smart head even filled with rage he still fought with a goal, that's how he was able to beat them, he was using his head. Cooper lunged for Jax as spikes sprouted from the ground, he flipped into the air with his pillars rotating around him, Cooper pointed above him, a symbol appeared above him and rained red sharpened lances but the pillars pulsed and absorbed everything, he lunged for Cooper, the two began to fight trying to dodge the other, problem was, for Cooper his attacks were nullified before they even reached Jax.

The kitsune smirked as he sidestepped Cooper, the vampire lost his footing and flipped to avoid the shot but Jax used his tail to knock the vampire down mid flip, it shattered the whole floor around them, beams of red light were shot from Cooper, they managed to get past his pillars, he knew Zoey was up ad aiming for him. "Heavenly Script: Holy Wrath." She cast and the series of symbols around her let loose an attack aimed at Jax, the kitsune didn't move he waved his tail forward and the attack from Zoey was split in two, she looked dumbfounded but they would never know how strong Jax truly was, he wasn't even using thirty percent of his power. "Do you have them?" He questioned.

~~~~
Adrian.

"I'm working on it, Papi." Adrian replied Jax as he threw a fireball at the witch in front of him, it wasn't hard finding the triplets since Jax was causing mayhem were they were, he only needed to let his magic take him to his mate, ice shards appeared in front of him and he aimed them at the witch, he didn't want to kill her but he was exactly giving him a choice, the head of the vampires wasn't there to acknowledge what he had done, only the witch and his brothers, he knew Cooper and Zoey were fighting because they knew whoever had taken the children was the one Jax really wanted to kill but they were defending him.

Three orange pentagrams with runes on the outside appeared in front of Adrian, he was starting to lose his patience. "Can I just have my brothers, I don't want to kill you." He pressed on but the woman wouldn't budge, he had no choice. The three pentagrams rotated clockwise, slashing as if they were multiple blades. "Solar flare." He mumbled and from the rotating pentagrams fire burst out in multiple streams, she dodged just like Adrian wanted, he waved his hand and jagged ice shards appeared behind the woman confining her to a small space to move.

She waved her own hands and summoned two slabs of rock, each one protected her from the fire and the second ice, an orange arrow appeared in Adrian's hand, he shot it at the woman without a bow which surprised the triplets, on impact everything exploded. "You're indeed strong, and you're barely using your power, witch of protection." The woman rasped out staggering to her feet, a blade appeared in her hand and she lunged for Adrian, the witch flipped back, two long arrows appeared in his hands, they both had an orange glow.

When she lunged for Adrian he already knew her moves before she executed, slash right, slash left, upward and downward spin, he avoided each one with precision shocking the woman, her anger flared and that's when Adrian took his shot, he threw one arrow onto her shoulder whilst using the other one to defend against the witch's sword, he flipped back to avoid her slash. "Detonate." Adrian mumbled and the arrow he had thrown exploded, this caused a scream to escape the woman, he appeared right in front of her and decked her, she was thrown to the wall in a bloody mess mixed with wood.

Adrian moved toward the kids, they were so close but he had to flip back in order to avoid the beam of ice sent his way. "I won't go down that easy." The woman could barely stand and Adrian felt pity for her, she lunged for him in a blur of speed, he dodged easily and kicked her abdomen, he sent a blast of fire toward the woman which exploded instantly. "Stay down." Adrian ordered but she wouldn't listen, she punched the floor and it rippled in response, her blade appeared in hand along with a growl.

"I won't be beaten by a mere child." She spoke with determination, Adrian admired it, but he needed to get the kids home before dinner, she lunged for him with a ferocity like no other, his arrows were keeping her at bay, somehow he found those orange arrows as a convenient tool, she lunged for him but Adrian flipped back sending a barrage of arrows toward the woman. "Detonate." He ordered and they exploded yet again but this time what shocked him was the dark blue almost black glow around her, she was using extreme dark magic not to feel the effects of his explosive arrows.

"That will kill you, stand down." Adrian offered but she scoffed. "I'm good as dead anyway, why not go down with a bang." Her response made him sigh, he had no time for this, an orange rune with different symbols marred around it appeared in front of Adrian, she lunged for him then, orange chains appeared from the symbol Adrian had summoned, they bound the witch once they pierced her. "Lucifer's hold, brunt of carnage." Adrian mumbled as the witch on the floor had her eyes wider than saucers in shock. "I didn't want to do this, you left me no choice." He mumbled as the chains got tighter. "By the power of the wielders I seal your magic, only when you have repented shall the seal break." Adrian asserted as another sigil appeared under his palm, the chains around the woman vanished sealing her magic.

Adrian waved her hand and the woman fell unconscious, he stepped over her and moved toward the kids who seemed relieved to see the fight over, the black shield around them vanished but they all knew when they needed it, it would appear. "Adrian!" They all yelled running to him. "Johnny is the house secure, any vampires around?" Adrian asked his little brother who had been sent on a recon mission, he was supposed to find out where Leyton went. "They were here, I dealt with them but others weren't too close, a kilometer or two away, and Leyton just skipped town, you might want to get out of there soon." Johnny replied mentally and Adrian understood, this wasn't a great place to stick around when its owner had just skipped town.

"Okay boys let's go." Adrian instructed as he opened the portal to home, the three six year olds giggled and ran in, Adrian hated that they had been subjected to this kind of trauma so early, he couldn't keep them innocent forever but he could try, maybe going to school was a bad idea, he could feel a faint demonic presence in the house when he got there meaning Leyton might have been in league with the demons, but it didn't explain the running, he hated that man for doing this to kids, by mystic law in Greeneway Bay you're never to touch kids, and this was a gross violation, he had to tell uncle Sovietro about this, the vampires had to be stopped.

Adrian found himself at the house, what surprised him was the seven foot two giant sitting by the lawn playing with the boys, he hoped Mark wouldn't show his crush on their uncle so soon, it amused him how he found the man cute. "Rough day?" The patriarch questioned patting the place next to him. "You have no idea." Adrian mumbled with a heavy sigh.

~~~~
Jax.

Zoey flipped back only to hit a wall, she was cornered, Conrad was unconscious, Cooper was still healing and she was dodging ice bullets, Jax eyed her waiting for her to attack, it was her turn after all. "Emperor's darkened lightning." She cast her attack, it was strong, Jax made an ice shield appear around him, the lightning broke through the ice but he wasn't there for it to strike him, he appeared behind Zoey. "Nice shot." He commented watching as the lightning went through an afterimage of Jax.

The fae girl whipped around so fast she might have broken her neck, Jax punched her in the gut which caused her to cough out blood, his tail slammed her down onto the floor cracking it. "Choose better homes next time." The kitsune advised as a black sphere appeared in front of his palm, he shot it toward the staggering fae, it engulfed Zoey before exploding shaking the mansion to its core with the after wave, Zoey laid on the ground bloody and barely alive, so much for as strong as you are.

Cooper stood behind him with a lance aimed at his heart, he could feel his breathing, it was labored, his mana had been blocked a while ago, he truly looked pitiful, the vampire let his attack loose, the pillars moved to Jax's defense in flash, he also aimed a black sphere at the vampire, Cooper didn't look like he had anymore fight in him. "Tell your father if he ever comes near my family I will kill him myself." Jax growled as he shot his attack at the vampire, just like with Zoey it took him by surprise, engulfed him then exploded.

Jax walked out of the mansion, he saw bodies strewn everywhere, this would teach the vampires to leave them alone, but evidence like this led to questions, his sixth tail turned black and flames of the same color flickered around the bodies and turned them to ash, he also cleared out the presence of Adrian and the kids, burning out his scent as well, after he was done, his eighth tail glowed and he vanished immediately. He appeared by the front yard, he noticed his car in the garage but what got his attention was the patriarch, Adrian, Johnny, and the boys on a blanket eating snacks.

"Babe." Adrian smiled toward him and the next thing he registered was supporting Adrian's waist around him, damn his mate was thick, this reminded him of their previous night, he was definitely getting some after this. "I'm glad you're alright." Jax mumbled squeezing him tightly. "I'm glad you're all alright." He amended walking to the patriarch and the boys. "Jax!" Another pile over him, the boys all jumped on him giggling, he was happy to have them back, safe, and perfectly sound.

"Uncle." He acknowledged and the man smiled. "I'm glad to see you all safe, let's eat, you'll tell me everything later." The man replied with a warmth Jax appreciated, he was like a father appraising him for standing up and fighting for himself, he was happy, truly happy.

+++

LMJ

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

28.4K 1.1K 14
Ever since Jane overheard his mother talk about what really happened when he had that accident when he was five, he is determined to find out the tru...
M-13 بواسطة JL

قصص عامة

184K 10.8K 35
People with powers exist, believe it or not. And it isn't some magic thing that gave us powers; it's a genetic malfunction that cursed us to a life o...
82.8K 2.6K 17
((Written in 2013!!!! Read at your own risk!!)) Adrian's life is pretty complicated, as you can imagine. His parents expect nothing but the best out...
257K 9.7K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...