Freshman, a Diary | Completed

Shutoya által

Tshedza loses her virginity to her boyfriend's best friend, now she has to understand what true love is as sh... Több

Introduction
1. The Meet
2. The Friends
3. The Party i
4. The Party ii
5. The Mystery Guy
6. The Family
7. The Sex
8. The Shame
9. The Secrets
10. The Cheating
11. The Warning
12. The Kiss
13. The Visit
14. The Ruin
15. The Curse
16. The Repeat
17. The Revenge
18. The First Time
19. The Disease
20. The Results
21. The Blessers i
22. The Blessers ii
23. The Date
24. The House
26. The Drama
27. The Pregnancy
28. The Breakup
29. The Tragedy
30. The Hope

25. The Couple

84 7 0
Shutoya által

July

We decided to go out and celebrate our love. Since I announced I wanted to let Sihle go, we have been officially dating; at least to ourselves, no one else knows yet. We went to the theme park, Gold Reef City.

After the day was over, on our way to the parking lot, we run into Hazel. I haven't seen her since the night she dragged me out with her blessers. She tried coming to my room the day after, but Sihle was around so we couldn't talk. I haven't seen her since then.

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a minute," She giggled, hugging me. I am still angry at her for what she did, but I hugged her back.

"Hi," I said.

"How have you been? we haven't talked in like forever,"

"Been good. You?"

"Good. Good," she said, nodding just waiting for me to join her on her excitement. "Um, the day I came to your room, I wanted to talk to you but your boyfr...I mean he was around," she said, looking at Karabo, "The thing is, I wanted to apologise. And now you are not picking up my calls so," She finished, realising I am still mad. She looked at Karabo again and smiled at him while murmuring 'hi' and waving her hand.

"Yeah, I saw your missed calls I just forgot to get back to you," I lied, I just didn't want to talk to her.

"I really am sorry, Tshedza. When I think about it now, what I did to you wasn't fair. You are my friend, and I treated you like a..."

"Hazel, it's cool. Maybe we can talk about this some other time. We have to go now."

"Alright, I will call you," she said, sadly. It's her fault. I would have been an excellent friend to her. Now she lost me.

"Bye," I said, already leaving her site.

"Wait, I wanted to invite..." she couldn't finish. I looked at her with my raised eyes like dude, again? "No, it's different. I'm getting married, so they are coming to pay lobola this coming Saturday. I would like it if you come, I don't have any other friends,"

"Hazel, I can't..." I said, but Karabo interrupted me.

"She will think about it," he said, and Hazel just nodded. We said our cheers and went our separate ways.

"Why did you say I will think about it?" I asked Karabo as soon as we get in the car.

"Well, she's still your friend, even though she messed up. Don't hold it on your plans like being each other's bride maids,"

"She is not my friend. I thought she was until she almost got me raped. I only knew her now anyway, so she's not."

"She's sorry so... just forgive her. And it doesn't matter when you knew her. Help her out, I will drive you," He said, starting the car.

"We will see."

"I don't want my uncles to find you alone when they come to pay lobola for you, so support your friends so they can support you too," he said, and I just laughed.

"Come 'on I have Zinzi,"

"I know. You can have more, make it hard for my uncle to find you under the blankets," he said, and I just laughed.

"So you will be paying lobola for me, huh?" I asked, and he looked at me, smirking while he nods. He then faced the road as the traffic lights open for us, and just held my hand. I am into deep with this guy.

Saturday

Past few days Karabo has been trying to convince me to support Hazel. I ended up calling her to let her know I will come. She was very excited. 

Saturday arrived, and Karabo drove me to Hazel's house. "I have good news," I said to Karabo while he tries to find Hazel's street.

"What? you pregnant?"

"No. Wait, what? Why would you guess that? Now when I think about it, I think I'm late." I tried to remember when last I was on my periods.

"Your periods, so you are saying you might be pregnant?" He asked, grinning. What the hell is he happy for?

"Please don't say it, it can't be, I'm just late. And I can always abort if I'm late, we are not making a baby." I assured him.

"You sure about that?" he said, side eying me, rubbing my thigh.

"I'm sure. We are not. Why would you want a baby anyway?"

"Babies are cute,"

"Yeah, when you have a job."

"I can take care of my baby, and you. And besides, if I get you pregnant; it's guaranteed, you are mine forever."

"Oh, I see. It's not guaranteed though, but that's not the point. Back to my actual good news,"

"Oh yeah. What's the good news?"

"Now my good news seems like nothing compared to your expectations. Well, I think Sihle is suspecting that I'm going to leave him. Which is good because it will be a little bit easier for me when I finally tell him." I finally announced my good news.

"Well that is some kind of good news," he said, and I just looked at him, "It's good, easy for us," he continued, and I just nodded, chuckling.

We arrived at Hazel's house. One of the biggest houses in Ormonde, south of Johannesburg. You could see she comes from a wealthy family. Why does she hook up with guys for money though? I asked myself.

She was so happy to see me and surprised that I was with Karabo again.

"You guys are still...?" she asked, after hugging us.

"Together? Yeah, we aren't breaking up," Karabo answered, and I pushed him away. He walked toward where the elders men were sitting, leaving the two of us. I'm sure he spotted alcohol there.

"Sihle doesn't know yet. I will tell him when he comes back," I explained to Hazel while we walk toward the house.

"Oh, that cute puppy is going to be heartbroken," she teased, and we just laughed.

"Okay, that's enough with my love life. So, this is how you get booked?" I asked as I see some women cooking like it's a wedding already.

"Hahaha funny. His family will be arriving anytime soon, and that's when you and I will be covered in blankets." She said as she smiles to a lady who waved at us.

"I thought that was only done at weddings, even lobola day?"

"You have no idea. I bet when he marries me, we might even ask a one day to be a public holiday," she said, and we laughed. We were now fine, forgotten about the differences we had.

She walked around with me, and I got to meet some of her family members. Her Jubilee friend wasn't around, so that is why she was very excited to have me. Other than her few cousins, I was practically her only friend there.

After we have already eaten, with Karabo getting advice from the elders and me playing a wife role to him, the in-laws finally arrived.

Before the negotiations began, we had to get introductions. Hazel introduced me to her husband to be, which I almost got chocked.

I said my 'hi's and 'nice to meet you' and then we left to get dressed up.

"Who was that?" I asked her as the guy she introduced me to, was not the boyfriend I know nor the Zimbabwean guy.

"I know you know Thando, but this is a family business, and it's done. He is the man I'm supposed to marry," Sadly, she said.

"What? How old is he? Are your parents forcing you?" I whispered as some women brought us traditional clothes and blankets.

"No, they are not, and he's not that old." She said, taking off the dress she was wearing.

We started dressing up, and some lady was just busy informing us what to do when we greet the inlaws in the negotiation room. I didn't even bring my traditional attire. Hazel said the clothes were already available for both of us.

"Hazel, how old?" I asked after getting dressed in a traditional dress.

"He's 37, and I love him so let's not talk about it,"

"Hazel but..."

"Tshedza please, drop it. Let's talk about something else." She said, and I finally shut my mouth. I thought to myself; this is not acceptable. I mean she's over 18 and considered an adult, but she is still young for him, he even looks over 40. But well, what do I know, I should just shut my mouth. 

We walked to the room where we are supposed to wait while the uncles talk business. I could see Karabo was already very comfortable with the elders as there was African alcohol that I frequently saw him sipping. I texted him, reminding him that he is still driving he shouldn't drink too much.

The elders got in with the in-laws, to commence with the negotiations. I felt sorry for Hazel because I could see she didn't love the guy nor relate to him. Now I see why she is the way she is, she doesn't go to guys for money but for something else, maybe a validation to herself that her life is still hers.

Everything went accordingly, and the uncles agreed on whatever they decided on. The groom has finally got his bride, and on a wedding day, he's leaving with her. After eating, the inlaws they left.

We also decided to leave after eating, Karabo and I. I said my byes to Hazel's family, and Hazel walked us to our car. She was grateful I came, so was I.

In a few minutes, we were on the road. Karabo as he was already on cloud 9 with alcohol, he was driving slowly. I thought about Hazel, how she is going to marry someone she doesn't love because of compromises. I wouldn't do it; I would rather die. I finally realised at that moment, that to me, if I am marrying someone I love, it will be Karabo. I realised with all the craziness he has; I just want to talk to him and be in his company more than I wanted with Sihle. If whatever I feel for Karabo is not love, then I don't want to know love because I feel happy where I am.

I looked at him as he hums the song that was playing and I just felt a tear fighting its way out of my eye, but I couldn't let that sucker come out, I couldn't let him see it.

"Are you okay, babes?" he asked as he sees me passing borders with my thought.

"Yeah, I am,"

"Don't worry. I won't crash us; I will drive as slowly as I can if I have to. I'm sorry for not stopping drinking when you asked." He said.

"No is not that, is that what is happening to Hazel is not fair,"

"Life is not fair babes, that is why you should never spend it compromising your happiness for someone's else," he said, and right then I just knew what I had to do.

"I love you," I felt myself say out of the blue, he swerved the car a little bit and then apologised.

"You've never said that to me before,"

"I know,"

"And you chose now while I am driving, do you have any idea how much I want to hug and kiss you right now. I love you. I can't anymore; I'm stopping this car." He said while he hazards the car and in a minute, he was stopping on a yellow lane. The moment the car stopped, he got off and run around my side. Before I could open the door, he was opening it and pulling me up from the car, already kissing me.

"You are stopping for this, come on,"

"I love you so much, Tshedza. I just couldn't wait to get home to hold you," he excitedly said, and we just laughed, kissing.

In a minute, we were back on the road, and we were both just blushing. We got to Newtown; Karabo was already trying to call Nyiko to tell her, but I stopped him.

"Not yet, you will tell her when everyone is back; when I tell Sihle too. If you tell her now, it will get to Sihle, and that's not how I want him to hear it." I said, and he understood.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

418 34 11
For Phillip, getting a college degree is the only way to escape poverty. But school-life balance is not as easy as he imagined, especially for stude...
410K 18.8K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...
5K 213 50
This story is about the ups and downs of relationships. There is unpredictability, heartbreak, jealousy and lots of lots of lots of love ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤