Promise

Von ohsnapitskimchi

In a freezing cold winter day, Promise never thought that she would end up having her car tire pop right outs... Mehr

Chapter 1: Option 1 or Option 2
Chapter 2: Cold Blooded Killers
Chapter 3: Hell's Gate
Chapter 4: Forgiven or not Forgiven
Chapter 6: Too Late?
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8: Advice
A/N
Chapter 9: Confession Pt. 1
Chapter 10: Confession Pt 2
Chapter 11: Barney
Chapter 12:Strength
Chapter 13: The Blind Side
Chapter 14: My Promise
Chapter 15: Visitor
Chapter 16
Chapter 17: Nearly Here
Chapter 18: Headaches and Pains
Chapter 19: Flashlight
Chapter 20: Rain
Epilogue
New Story Coming Soon!
Authors note
New Story!!

Chapter 5: Real?

43.1K 1.2K 142
Von ohsnapitskimchi

Promise

(Day 4) 

My eys fluttered open, I noticed that it was really bright telling em that the time was around 1 or 2. Then, I remembered that I didn't fall asleep outside. Panic was suppose to shoot around my body, but instead i felt very at ease. 

Sitting up slowly, I looked around to see that I was laying in a meadow of some sort. It was really beautiful not going to lie, there were many colorful flowers, some bright and some pastel like. There was some rabbits on my left side. They were just minding there own business as if I was not there. Then it came to me. This meadow was really familiar but where though.  Looking down at myself, my eyes widened at what I was wearing. It was the dress that Issac brought me. A white lace dress that was tight at my chest but was flowy. What was going on. 

Standing up slowly, I looked around to see where I should head, but my gaze stopped. There was a waterfall, a really beautiful waterfall. The water looked like crystals falling down but then I noticed a figure standing there. Facing the waterfall not at me. 

The posture, the clothes, and the hair was familiar. It brought a feeling in my heart that I haven't in for so long. My eyes watered as I kept on looking at the figure. 

It couldn't be... I thought repeatedly in my head. Until an all familiar voice that I missed so much started talking to me. "You know, that hurts when you don't think that it's me." Slowly he turned around, and soon tears fell down my face as I looked at the face of the man who saved me as I did to him. 

"Issac..." I whispered as I took slow steps towards him. The tears falling down synchronizing with the steps that I took. 

He gave me a heartbreaking smile, the smile that I missed seeing whenever I woke up in the morning. "It's me Promise. I'm here." 

~

Lily

It's already 12pm, and yet I heard no movement from Promise. It was strange, because usually around 7 or 8am, I could hear her wake up and walk into the bathroom. But this time, there was no movement.

It worried me that something might've happen last night after I left her to go to bed. I hope not though. Leaning against the counter I stared intently at the fruit basket in front of me as my thoughts were drowning on if Promise is okay.

 "Woah there babe. The fruit basket does not deserve your glare." Jayden's voice called out as he walked in. Looking up at him, I rolled my eyes and went back to sipping my coffee.

"Are you okay?" Jayden asked me  as he got close. He put his arms around my waist, and my wolf purred in delight. It felt good to feel his arms around me.

I nodded my head lightly as I leaned against his chest. "What's the matter? You don't seem okay."  I knew that I should tell him I was worried about Promise. I mean I can tell that he is trying his best to make it up, but somewhere it just wasn't enough. 

"Promise... I'm worried about her." I said, then I can feel the confusion he was radiating off of him. 

"What do you mean? She is upstairs in her room." Jayden tried to make out. 

I nodded my head. "I know that babe... but she doesn't sleep in this late. She would always be up around 7 or 8." I said to him as I turned around to face him. 

He stared at me and gave me a soft smile. "She probably is exhausted from... last night." He said softly before he cleared his throat. I mean it could be that. 

Yesterday we were crying a lot, especially Promise and so it must have exhuasted her body. She was okay, she probably is just sleeping off her exhuastion and then she will be up and about. Hopefully though... no I should not think like that she will be up. 

But somewhere inside of me, I knew that it was best if I should just keep an eye on her. To make sure that if something is wrong, then I can get the docotr ASAP. 

~

Promise

I was already in the embrace of Issac. I can hear his familiar heartbeat, smell the scent that made me relax, the heat that came off his body. Issac's face was stuffed in my hair as he kept on murmuring that he was here. 

He was here! My heart beated very wild as I thought that but then it started to go off like a roller coaster. I knew that he was dead... and this wasn't real. It was a dream.  "Don't think about that Promise. Just relax so we can catch up..." Issac said as he pulled away from me. But still holding onto my hand. 

"How can I not... this feels to real, but I know that you're dead.." I said as the tears began to fall again. He gave me a soft sad smile as he wiped the tears away. 

"it feels real because we make it like that." I nodded my head before I dragged onto the edge of the ground. Dipping our feets into the water, I lened my head against Issac's shoulder as I looked at the scenery. 

"This place is familiar..." I said. I felt Issac's hand began to play with mine. 

"It is familiar. Think harder." He playfully said to me. I laughed, oh how good it felt to laugh because of Issac's playful ways. 

Then the memory came back to me. This was the place were he... A faint smile appeared on my face as I recalled that wonderful memory. 

"I remember now..." I said as I lifted my head and stared at him. He stopped playing with my fingers and looked back at me. I could see the emotions running wild in his eyes. He smiled, and then his eyes dropped down to my neck. Slowly reaching out, he played with my necklace. "I see you still are wearing it." He smirked at me. I blushed and rolled my eyes at him. 

"Well of course I would. It was the only thing that I can wear to have you by my side everyday."  I said as I also touched the necklace. 

"I will always be beside you Promise. Inside here." He pointed at my heart and I smiled sadly. "But that is not enough..." I said. 

I felt his fingers cup my chin and made me look at him. I cans ee pain and sadness rippling through the other emotions. "I wish that I was here for you... in real life. I can't bear to see you hurt Promise. I said that I would never hurt you, and yet I did." His voice cracking at the end. 

I shook my head. "No... you didn't hurt me intentionally Issac. Fate teared us apart. Fate made me sad and hurt. But if it wasn't for fate... I wouldn't have meant you and Loanne." I said as I cupped is face with my cold hands. 

He smiled, "That is true... and you're the best thing that ever happened to me." He murmured as he grasped onto my hands before bringing it to his face. 

"As you are the best thing that happened to me." I whispered. He smiled and looked at me. "Your hands are cold... just like how mine was when I was nearing death..." 

I nodded my head. "I.." But Issac cut me off. "You don't have to explain Promise. I know already." 

I looked at him and nodded my head. He moved one hand up towards my face and silently traced my lips. "Oh how much I yearn to kiss your lips." He murmured. Moving closer to him, I murmured the one thing that would make my heart stop once more. "Then ease your yearning by kissing me." 

~

Lily

 Okay something is definitely off. It was already 3 and yet, there was no sign that Promise was awake. After giving Nathan some food, I decided to go up to her room and make sure that she was okay. 

Walking towards the staircase, Jayden calls me. Causing me to let out a growl of frustration. Turning around, I walked over to where he was. "Are you checking up on Promise?" He asks me as he ruffles with Nathan's hair. 

I sighed and nodded my head. "Of course I am. Something is off Jayden. I need to see if she is okay." I stated before turning around but only to have Jayden grab my arm to stop me. Turning around to look at him, I raised my eyebrows. 

"How about you go and play with Nathan while I go check up on her. Besides I need to have talk to her for a bit..." He said softly. 

My ees softend up and I nodded my head, sitting down I watched Jayden stalk away from the kitchen and towards the staircase. I can hear his footsteps echoing the house then a sound of a door being opened before it was shut. 

~

Jayden

Lily was right, something was wrong. Promise should have at least woken up around 12:30 but it was already 3 and there was still no sign of her. Everytime I walked around, I would hear nothing that came from the room. Only silence. 

As I made my way the stairs and towards her room, my heart suddenly speeded up as many scenerios began to play in my mind of what I might see. 

Taking a deep breath, I hesitantly opened the door to see that it was still dark. My eyes moved over to where the bed was, and I can see Promise's figure. Slowly making my way over to her, I was glad that I could hear her heartbeat still beating. 

But as soon as I reached over to her side, I noticed that she was extremely pale and was shivering. My eyes scrunched up and I put my hand on her forehead, to see that it was burning hot. 

My eyes widened, and I gently shook her. "Promise... wake up." I said. But all I got was moans and her muttering something. 

I tried to make sense of what she was murmuring but couldn't. I had to call the pack doctor ASAP. 

~

I watched Lily put a cold cloth over Promise's forehead. The doctor was on his way and was it taking a very long time. I clenched my hands into fists as I watched Promise moan. I didn't know if it was a moan of pain. And that bothered me. 

"Where is the that damn doctor!" Lily said as she wiped some sweat that was falling down Promise's forehead. 

"He is coming... he better be coming right away..." I said threatening at the end. Right now was a chance that I can prove to my baby sister that I changed. That I was no longer that teenage boy who cared about his reputation. That I was a man now, who protects and takes care of his family even if he had to give up his life. 

"I knew something was wrong..." Lily said softly as she looked at my sister. Smiling, I waked over and lefted her off the bed and embraced her. I was happy that she stuffed her head in the crook of neck. It pleased and calmed my wolf. 

"She will be fine... it's just a fever." I said but somehow I didn't think that it was only a fever that caused her to be this way.

~

Promise

I was laying beside Issac as he kept on running his fingers down my arms. Leaving a trail of shivers. I suddenly heard him sigh and that made me move my head up to look at him. "What's wrong?" I asked softly.

He moved his gaze down at me, and I could see sadness in them. I frowned. "I can't keep you here for long... It's time you wake up dear." He said equally as soft as I did.

My eyes widened. I shook my head frantically. "No... not yet. I want to stay here for a few more minutes..."

He smiled and touched my cheek. "A few minutes here would result a few hours over there..." I shrugged my shoulders as I felt some tears raise up.  "I don't care... I want to be here with you." 

Sitting up fully, he kept his smile as he looked at me. "We will be together soon love. Do not worry." 

Tears fell down my face as I watched him. I nodded my head and agreed with him. The only reason I agreed with him was because what he said was true. we will be together soon. 

Leaning towards him, my lips met his and we kissed a slow kiss. A bitter sweet kiss that was mixed with my tears. Pulling away, I felt him put his lips onto my forehead.

"Forever." I swallowed the lump in my throat and closed my eyes as I cherished the feeling of his lips on my skin. "Forever." I murmured. 

~

My eyes fluttered open as I tried to make out what was going on. Looking around, I see everything was normal. I felt something wet on my forehead, lifting my hand up I grabbed what it was and was shocked that it was a cold towel.  Why was it on me? Shrugging it off, I gently threw it onto the table and dropped my hand. 

I focused my thoughts on the dream that I had and once again tears began to fall down. I put my hand on my mouth to block out the sobs. My body shook as I can still feel and taste his lips. Closing my eyes tightly. It felt like it actually took place. Like he never passed away. He was still here with Loanne and I... right? 

Everythin was confusing now. I didn't know what was real. My heart is telling me that Issac is still alive... that he never died in the first place. But my mind was telling me that it was a dream. A dream that a conjured up because I was too mentally unstable. I needed someone to help me make things clear. And I knew one person that could help me do that. 

Loanne. 

Slowly standing up, I walked over and grabbed my cell. Scrolling down my contacts, I reached Loanne's name. Taking a deep breath while wiping away the tears on my face, i pressed her name. Putting the phone into my ears, I heard the familiar ringing and then she picked up. 

"Promise?" Her voice sounded husky and broken. 

Then the tears fell down once again as I remembered how Loanne was there for Issac and I when we were getting treatment together. How she was holding me as I watched them bury him, how she held onto my hand as the doctor injected chemo. And how broken and angry she sounded when I told her that I was going to have the same fate as Issac. 

Sobs began to racket through my body and I fell down onto the floor as I kept the phone to my ear. "Promise are you okay?" Loanne asked. I shook my head but remembered that she couldn't see me. 

"N-no... I'-I'm not o-ok-okay Lo-anne." I said through my sobs. 

"What's wrong sweetie?" 

"Issac..." I said. As soon as I said his name, I cried even harder. "I don't know what to do Loanne! I feel like he is still alive and that this is all just a dream. But then if it was a dream, wouldn't he be here with us right now?" I said as I dropped my head. 

I can hear Loanne sob as she listened to me. "Dear... he is gone. He isn't here with us and now..." She wandered off. 

Crying, I shook my head. "I had a dream Loanne. A dream that he was beside me. He kissed me and I.. I felt his lips... and the warmth of him as he hugged me." 

"Baby your just recalling those feelings because of what your going through right now. Calm down." Loanne said. I shook my head repeatedly. "No... no I can't calm down Loanne... I can't. I need to see him right now." I said. I kept on muttering that I had to see him. I had to make sure what was real or not. 

"Okay.. okay... tell me where you are and I will come get you." She said. 

I told her exactly where I would be, and she said that she will see me soon before ending the call. As I silently dropped the phone onto my lap. I felt another onslaught of tears falling down.  Sobbing even harder, I wrapped my arms around myself. 

"Issac" I sobbed as I stayed on the floor. 

~

Lily

I stood outside her door and listened to her cry. I didn't know why she was crying, but I knew that it had to be about this person named Issac. I didn't know if I should open the door and walk through, or just stay here and wait until she calmed down. I didn't know what but my wolf told me to do it. She was family. She needs someone right now.

Opening the door silently, my heart broke at what I saw in front of me. She was sitting on the floor, hugging herself while crying. I walked slowly over to her and sat down right beside her. She didn't seem to notice my presence and with that, I wrapped my arms around her shaking body and brought her close to me.

"Hush..." I whispered as I felt her freeze up and then wrap her arms around me. I can already feel her tears leak onto my shirt but i didn't care. She was in pain and I had to be here for her. 

After a couple of minutes, she calmed down. "Are you okay?" I asked her. She silently nodded her head and moved away from me. 

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" I looked at her and she looked like she was thinking about something. "It was just a dream..." She whispered hoarsely. 

"A dream about someone named Issac?" I asked her. Her eyes watered up a bit before she whiped them away. 

"Yea..." 

"Was he someone important? Did he do something to you?"

She shook her head." He didn't do anything to me... he is a very important person and please can we not talk about it... " She pleaded with me. 

I looked at her and nodded my head. "Okay. Let's get you washed up and put some food into you." I said as I helped her towards the bathroom. 

~

Promise

(Day 5)

 Everything was heavy, my mind, my body. I must've used to much energy when I was crying last night, but then I was glad that Lily was there to comfort me. 

After I calmed down last night, Lily told me that I had a fever so she was happy that the medicine that the pack doctor gave her helped my fever run down, while I on the other hand was not happy. If it meant that the fever made me sleep that long, then I wished the fever would completely take over so I can be with issac once more. 

Don't say that... 

Issac's voice rang through my mind. Closing it, I knew that he would say that to me if he was still here. He would scold me and tell me millions of reason on why I shouldn't say that. Usually if Loanne was scolding me, I would tune her out but whenever Issac did that, I wouldn't tune it out, I would just sit there and watch him rant. 

The way he gestures when he makes a point. The way he would run his fingers through his hair whenever he was frustrated at me or something else. Those little things, I miss dearly. 

Currently I was sitting in the living room with the T.V on. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Nathan playing cars and it brought a faint smile on my lips. But it soon disappeared as I remembered that I told Lily and Jayden I will be leaving sometime tonight, or tomorrow morning. 

The looks on their faces didn't really help with my decision. Especially Lily. I was glad though that they agreed saying that my car was fixed but the only thing that they had to do was make sure that the roads are cleared, and I was pretty sure that it was cleared. Right now, they are still in the bedroom probably talking about how I'm leaving. And will never know that they will never see you again. My inner self spoke softly to me. 

It was for the best... they didn't care about me 8 years ago, so why let them care for me now? 

DING DONG

DING DONG

DING DONG

The front door bell rang repeatedly. I looked over at it, and slowly stood up. Making my way towards the front door, I opened it and my eyes went wide with shock at the person standing in front of me. 

"L-Loanne!" I said as the tears began to fall down my face as I stared at the one person who understood me.

"Promise." She said softly and soon I was in her embrace. The embrace that was there for me whenever it was hard. 

"Promise! Are you okay?" Lily's voice called out, and I can make out her footsteps along with Jayden's footsteps as they ran downstairs. 

I pulled away and looked at them and nodded my head. "Yeah... I'm okay, I'm just shocked that my sister is here." I said as I moved to the side so that they can see Loanne. 

Lily and Jayden slightly smiled at Loanne. Loanne smiled at Lily but when her gaze went over to Jayden, it went icy cold. 

"So this the dicktard that hurted you 8 years ago huh? Your biological brother?" Loanne said her voice stiffed with anger. "You know you should be considered lucky that I didn't find you myself 8 years ago to teach you a lesson. Promise stopped me." She said to Jayden who lookked ashamed of himself. 

I tugged onto Loanne's hand and she looked down at me. Giving her the look she nodded before moving away from the door, so I can close it. Turning around, I looked at Lily. "Lily, is it okay if Loanne can come into the room so we can talk for a bit?" I asked her. 

Lily shook her head and smiled at me. "Of course your friend can come in." Giving her a silent thanks, I began walking towards the staircase and then I heard Loann whisper yell at Jayden. "I know you and everyone's secret that lives here... Wolf." 

~

Closing my bedroom door, I watched Loanne take off her coat before she sat down right beside me. Slowly grabbing onto my hand, she held it as if I would disappear any moment. 

"Promise... I can't lose you as well..." She whispered to me. I looked at her and saw tears already running down her face. Loanne crying makes me cry let me just tell you guys that. 

"You won't lose me... I will be here." I said pointing at her chest. She smiled sadly and shook her head. "I know... but you won't be here physically. I won't be allowed to hear your voice. The only voice that I will be able to hear is your voice machine." 

Leaning my head against her, I cried silently. "We both lost Issac not too long ago, and now I'm losing you..." She said. 

I didn't know how to react to that, it was true. I couldn't say anything that will make her feel better. "Loanne..." I said to her. 

"There is nothing for me to say to you to make it better, all I can do right now is spend as much time with you until... and I need you to be here for me. I'm scared. I'm fucking scared when that day comes" I confessed to her. She shook her head and wrapped her arms around me. 

"I will be there for you... even if it pains me. You're the best thing that happened to Issac and I the moment we saw you. And I know that Issac will want me to be there for you so you can go... easier." 

After that little crying session, I wanted to tell Loanne something. "I told them that I was going to leave tonight or early tomorrow. But I know that somewhere within me, I should stay a bit longer and... try to forgive them..." I said. 

Loanne looked at me and she gave me a smile. "Well I think that you should stay here and try to forgive them. Heck, if I was you. I would be out of the door right now. But knowing you and your kindness, this is something more better for you to do. Issac will agree with what I'm saying." 

I laughed a bit, "ISsac will definitely agree with the fact that you would run out the door." That brought us laughing and once we calmed down. "Do you really think that he will agree with my decision?" I said softly. 

Loanne cupped my face with her hands and she gave me an encouraging smile. "Definitely." I smiled and nodded my head. 

"Heck, if your staying here with the devils. I will also stay here with you to protect you and be there whenever you have... pains." She said. 

Looking at her, I nodded my head. I guess I am staying here... while trying my best to listen to what each and everyone has to tell me... even if it means that it would tear open old wounds, at least I can have a much easier passing.

***************************************************************

Follow

Vote

Comment

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.3M 14.9K 12
There was never a story of an alpha being rejected, it was unheard but he was the exception. Alpha Sean Dawson had everything in his life, a strong p...
180K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
2.3M 54.2K 34
"Please," I begged pulling on the man's arm that was wrapped around my torso, pressing me to him. I wanted nothing more then to be freed of his grasp...
18.1K 970 33
Right from the beginning, I was the unfortunate one. I had to sacrifice my needs because of destiny. I endured a lot and almost lost who means the mo...