SAVE ME

By Bethanystyles26

#1 in Christianstories - 10/2/23 #1 in bethel - 19/06/23 Morgan lost her mum and sister to a fatal accident a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Announcement
Promo Sale Ongoing
New Story Alert!

Chapter 4

225 25 3
By Bethanystyles26

Morgan Smith

I am almost done with preparing the dinner for our girl's night since Ann said that she would be coming in early. Last, I check it was almost seven and mostly she gets home by five or five-thirty in the evening but she seems to be running late today.

A call came in and I checked to see Ricardo's name show on the screen so I picked it up and put it on loudspeaker as I arranged the cups and plates we would need.

"Hey baby" he greets and I smiled.

"Hi," I say back.

"How are you doing? Is Ann back yet?" he asked.

"I am good, thanks. You? And Ann isn't back yet, she is taking a bit longer to get home but I am positive that she will be home in no time" I told him then took out a small plastic of ice cream to eat before she comes back.

"Okay, how is your pre-girl's night going?" he asked and I chuckled.

"Okay, I guess. I just finished preparing dinner and arranging all the utensils we I'll need" I told him and took two spoons in my mouth.

"What did you make?" he inquired and I told him about a variety of food I prepared from fried rice to potato pudding, chicken, fish pie, and others with some cocktails.

"Yummy, I can tell that they taste and look good" he comments and I giggled.

"Maybe I'll make you some whenever I come over to your place" I walked around the counter to sit on one of the stools behind it.

Just as I sat down the door opened and I turned to see Ann come inside looking tired.

"Ann just came in," I said then greet her "Hi Ann" she smiled and came to stand behind me as she looked down at the counter.

"You really are good with all these" she pats my shoulder and I smiled in response.

"I have to go now, I will talk to you later Ricardo," I said and disconnected when he responded.

"I am sure that you will like it" I assured her and she grinned.

"I will go and freshen up then come back, so we can start our night," she said and excused herself while I transferred the plates to the living room and created a small but cozy environment for us both.

In about five minutes, she was back downstairs already out of her work clothes and looking refreshed.

"You're done dishing it out?" she came to join me in the living room and I nod my head.

"Yes, I am sure you will love what I prepared," I told her and she grinned then settled beside me and we started serving ourselves from the dishing plate. "I got some freshly picked orange juice from John at the store, it's right beside you" I pointed to the juice I extracted.

"You really put in so much effort in this" she comments and I smiled.

"Thank you, it's been a while since we had anything like this and I want it to be really good and relaxing for us both," I told and she took the first bite from the rice chicken I made then nodded her head and gave me a thumbs up.

"Bravo girl" she continued eating and I eat the vegetable and chicken pasta I treated myself to "How is school?"

"School was really great, how about you? How is work?"

"Work is awesome, just a bit tiring but you know that's what makes it work, eh?" we giggled "Remember this party that is usually held at my place of work?" she asked after a moment of silence.

I turned to look at her remembering the past ones she had invited me to then I nod my head positively to her question.

"Same month as last year," I asked and she nods.

"Different dates though and different locations since I am the one who will be organizing the event," she said and my eyes lit up.

"Oh my GOD Ann, I am so happy for you" I hugged her and she returned it "It's great that you show your side skill at your place of work" she laughed.

"Yeah, I am inviting you and Ricardo as my plus two if that word exists" she shrugged.

"Thank you, Ann, I will inform him. He will be honored about this" I told her then took a sip from my water.

"Thank GOD dear, it's nothing. It will be something great since it will be your graduation period, right?" she asked and I nod.

"Yes, thank you once again"

"Don't mention girl," she drank almost half of the juice and sighed. "Honestly Morgan, I love this" she comments and I smiled.

Then she asked about how things were going between me and Ricardo, I told her how perfectly it was going and how much we both are enjoying what we have, she gave some advice and told us to make wise decisions and always respect each other and our opinions and all other advice she normally issue to us.

I asked when she thought about dating again but she gave me her usual 'Am not ready'. I wanted to know why but I decided not to push further, if she wanted to tell me then she would. I wouldn't just force it out of her because of my curiosity.

We were done with most of the food, so we packed the rest and put them in the fridge then washed the plates we used and went back to pick a movie as we ate the snacks, I prepared for us.

Ann picked a movie for us to watch and it was something I haven't actually seen or heard before. It was about a girl who was lost, not really but in life, and how she tries to find her path, her purpose, and her way with GOD. I have never watched any movie like this maybe this, could be why I don't find in interesting but I needed something that would throw me off my feet so I suggested one to her which she thankfully agreed to.

"What movie are you picking?" she asked and I showed her the cassette of the movie 'To love a girl'. "What is it about?" she asked and I grinned and then shook my head.

"I will not spoil it for you but it's about a guy who is trying not to decrease the love he has for his first love who left him for someone richer, turns out that when you love someone, there is a little you can do to stop yourself from loving that person" I explained to her and she nods "You haven't heard it before?" I asked when we settle properly.

"Not at all"

"Well, it's not late to know about it then," I say and played it "We are going to be movie buddies and I will introduce you to movies I think you would love" I whispered to her when the movie started and she nods.

"Okay then"

...

Ricardo White

"Ricardo, I am your mother for CHRIST's sake" my mo—no, Elizabeth Victorham, said and I hissed in response.

She can't be serious right now. This is the second time she would be coming here and telling me such like she owns all the right to say them after so many years when she left without an explanation.

"Mother?" I chuckled nastily "Who gave you the right to that title? You can't just come here and claim a such title like you have been one for the past years" I told her and saw hurt flash through her eyes but I was too upset to care about how she was feeling.

"Ricardo, look I know that I made a mistake but at least I said I am sorry and you should forgive me for that and not pin it on me like I am a monster" she yelled and the furrow in my brows deepened.

'Just like that?' I wanted to yell back but I held my tongue, she is my mum and I can't just talk to her as I like even though she doesn't deserve my audience.

"You have no right to come here and yell at me, no right, okay? No right at all" I said to her instead as I really didn't know what to say since my thoughts were going everywhere.

She sat on the chair and sighed then I could hear her silently sob while I just stare at her wide-eyed.

"I really don't know what your dad kept telling you all these years about me but I want to assure you that he isn't sa-" I cut her off angrily.

"Don't you dare bring my late father into this, are we clear? I said to her and saw her visibly shake from how I spoke.

"I am so sorry son, I made a mistake and I am here owning to it, why don't you give me a chance to rectify all that I have done to you and your brother in the past? Please Ricardo, just let me in this time" she begged seeming calmer and I felt bad for speaking to her like that already.

"You don't know how much hate I had harbored for you all these years, you wouldn't understand that no, but she taught me to hate, she told me it's not a good trait to let hatred fill your heart but that doesn't mean I want you around me, I don't, okay?" I said to her and she sighed.

"Who is she?" she asked with a frown as she cares.

"None, of your business" I replied "You know what, just go... I don't want to see you here, just stay away as you have always been doing" I said to her and she looked sad to hear me say that to her, but I don't really care. I don't.

She never cared for once to turn around and come back to the family she left for that rich man, now that it all ended for her, she wants in. I am not doing that to me or my brother, not anymore.

I moved away from her when she stood to her feet and looked at me with tears, it tore my gaze from hers so that I don't start feeling pity for her and take her back as she wants.

"Goodbye, for now, my son" with that said, she left and I sighed then closed the door after she left and went to the hallway my room, and my brother's room are located then I knocked on his door and he opened it.

"Is she coming back to our lives?" he asked and I shook my head 'no'

"I won't let it" I replied and he didn't say anything than just wish me goodnight and entered his room.

I wouldn't let her hurt us all over again, I'll make sure of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

593 93 26
Lily believes in GOD but feels disconnected from her faith and goes through the motions of attending church and reading the Bible. However, she meets...
6.5K 266 12
Emma can't wait to get to college and leave all of her bitter high school memories behind. Especially the one who broke her heart and made the rest o...
278 19 19
Chance knew the second that he met Kate...she was life-changing. It was the most powerful love until the day he destroyed it. He didn't mean to hur...
948 382 50
25 years go down the drain when series of dreams, supposedly forgotten parts of her life, memories spring up. They're painful but by implication, co...