Stranger | Jikook/Kookmin

De jotajotakapa

There are stranger things about the world. There are stranger things about people. But nothing and no one has... Mais

Confirmation
Introduction | Prestory
1 | First String of Fate
2 | Team Secret Services
3 | Code Word: Mascot
4 | Tracking Down the Hacker
5 | Being a Fool
6 | Boy With Twists
7 | Costume Box and a Pair of Boxers
8 | Fandom
9 | Molt Icebergs
10 | Not Supposed to Fall
11 | Deal With The Devil
12 | Little By Little
13 | Ice Cream Couple
14 | Hal Su Iss-eo
15 | Sweet-Talker Fierce-Walker
16 | Muse
17 | The Impetuous Guest
18 | Full of Surprises
19 | Imposter
20 | Precious To Me
21 | Mid String of Fate
22 | See For Yourself
23 | Are You Gonna Stay?
24 | Dozillion Times
25 | Best Hugs
26 | Inspired or Some Shit
27 | Delivering
28 | Fuel to the Fire
29 |Team Makeover
30 | Hackers on the Dome
31 | Pamper Day
32 | A Seaweed Problem
33 | Hide-And-Seek
34 | Soon Enough
35 | Better Than the Truth
37 | Anything For You
38 | Karma is Pinkman
39 | Always
40 | Last String of Fate
FareWell
Jimin (Point of View PT1)
Jimin (Point of View PT2)
Jimin (Point of View PT3)
Namjoon (Point of View)
Minji (Point of View)
Yoongi (Point of View)
Special Announcement

36 | Two Babies

480 32 52
De jotajotakapa

[A/N: Let's go let's go let's goooooo! P.S. Could proofread it only once, sorry bout any plausible little mistakes dear readers!]

If Jungkook thought Jimin was going to leave him douse in his misery, he was badly wrong. The morning after the open announcement of "prize for finding the mascot", the same morning Jungkook skips class in thoughts that he'll be expelled anyway, Jimin brings in a curator.

Byeongie in his arms, the two smile at him from his door crack, cute versions of each other: papa duckling and baby duckling. Jungkook could be hit by the biggest meteor but even that wouldn't come close to shaking him out of his reverie when it comes to those two. 

He panics because he had absolutely no idea that they'd make a surprise appearance — that Jimin would just bring Byeong over like that when on the daily he rarely brings him up next to Jungkook — but they are here. Jimin is furnishing the balcony with fluffy rugs and pillows and Byeong is awkwardly clinging unto Jungkook's shoulders as the two of  them watch Jimin breeze back and forth the living room and the balcony.

When they are settled on the comfortable floor bed that the man has done a kickass job at, Byeong empties his little Monsters-print bag of pretend-play medical kits, a little too excited about getting the consultation started with Jungkook who, well, had no idea he was seeing the doctor today.

"I will make you... I will make you better, okay?" Byeong affirms at Jungkook with big eyes, holding a stethoscope in his hands. He is all over the place like he forgot everything he learned about, so Jimin has to step in to lend a hand before he is discouraged.

"Byeongie was very sad when he heard you were sick, uncle Ggukie," Jimin explains to Jungkook with an embarrassed laughter, obviously referring to last night when Jimin stayed over to comfort Jungkook. Jimin had told Byeong over the phone that he needed to take care of Jungkook because he was sick so that Byeong could come to terms with sleeping away, but apparently the little kid got worried about Jungkook himself, finding the solution in packing his medical equipment and running for Jungkook's rescue first thing in the morning. "So he wants to heal you now. It might be a little difficult to believe," Jimin tilts his head and sucks his teeth comically, explaining with big hand motions, "but he actually has a medical degree, yeah!"

"Oh, wow!" Jungkook lets out a soft chuckle, leaning forward and cupping Byeong's cheeks, the love in his heart tripling in amount just by staring into his innocent eyes. "Thank you, Byeongie. I feel a little better already!"

A dazzled smile settles across Byeong's lips, but he wants to do his thing. You can guess this is a tad bit more about the boy showing off his amazing skills than Jungkook's state of health. 

"What do you want to do first, baby?" Jimin hums, rubbing Byeong's back while urging him to use his stethoscope. "Do you want to check uncle Gguk's pulse?"

Byeong starts panting in excitement as he buckles up on his knees and leans forward to lift Jungkook's shirt.

"Tummy puwlse," he says with a quick glance at Jungkook's eyes — which Jungkook assumes was a subtle was of asking for permission — pressing the round chest-piece on his stomach as the shirt is upheld. Jungkook is doing a good job staying still while Byeong does funny sounds through his throat to imitate a working machine, but Jimin is not succeeding so well himself, having to stifle his laughs behind his hand to not alarm his son. "Are you hungwy?"

Jungkook blinks wide in amusement. "I-I guess... a little."

"Dada," Byeong turns at Jimin in a silent command. It's obvious that they played this game before from the way Jimin immediately pulls out a candy from the tiniest plastic bag and unwraps it, feeding it to Jungkook, nodding in a soldier-like manner at Byeong. "Thank you, dada," Byeong says happily in response, giggling while falling back on his butt.

"What do you wanna do next? Maybe check his temperature?" 

Jungkook thought he'd go for the thermometer but Byeong puts his palm on his own forehead instead, waiting for a while before reaching out to Jungkook's forehead too. The seriousness Byeong is handling this whole thing with is amazing to a whole 'nother level, but Jungkook can't help his pained chuckles from how freaking cute he finds the entire thing.

Next comes the syringes, then the syrup medicine but the bandaid is what really gets to Jungkook.

"I'll paste your heawt, okay?" Byeong removes the foily paper off the band-aid and carefully sits on Jungkook's lap, sticking it on top of Jungkook's shirt, right above his chest. When  Byeong looks up to meet his eyes in a hopeful light, Jungkook feels like crying. "When your heawt breaks, I can, I can paste your heawt, okay?"

It's purely dramatic, the way Jungkook swipes Byeong into a hug. He rolls his arms all over  the little boy and nuzzles into him until Byeong is drowning in giggles, but Jungkook doesn't let him go until he is sure he peppered him with enough kisses, both of  them rolling on the ground and Jungkook hitting his head at the wall as a result: alarming the first five seconds, but then the funniest thing on earth to Byeong who makes Jungkook repeat it again and again. Jimin thankfully intervenes before there is need for another medical consultation.

They have so much fun that afternoon that Jungkook wonders if he ever laughed this genuinely next to his friends. There is something pure about a child that brings out the best in a person, that makes them wanna do good and be good for their sake. Just like that, Jungkook succeeds in shooing away his pessimistic thoughts about being reported to the university (even though his stomach flips in agonizingly every time it crosses his mind), goofing around and playing games until first Jimin and himself are out of breath, and another hour later Byeong himself.

The days are longer and the sun sticks around now that summer has settled its reign. Byeong falls asleep on the couch late afternoon, cheeks still rosy from having run around the house in attempt to catch Jungkook who didn't give up. He might  have overdone it, now that he watches the little boy's chest heave in exhaustion, but the good fun was worth it. There is also the fact that Byeong is an ace at catch, which should well explain why Jungkook performed rigorously to keep up. Jimin did laugh nonstop but Jungkook secretly looked like an idiot in front of his boyfriend.

"Wanna order something?" Jimin plants a kiss on Jungkook's shoulder, both of them hovering over Byeong next to the couch, watching the boy sleep. Jungkook turns his head in his boyfriend's direction, grinning at the breathless look in his face. Jimin is still trying to recover from the soundless wrestling episode Jungkook badly crushed him at. It was the funniest thing on earth, the two of them trying to keep their volumes down while tossing and turning on the ground, trying not to wake up the cluelessly sleeping Byeong.

"Craving anything in particular?" 

"Anything you want," Jimin shrugs, a beautiful smile lighting the inside of his eyes when Jungkook elopes him in his arms and leans down for a soft kiss. Jimin welcomes him like he has been waiting for this moment, hands traveling from Jungkook's waist to his back, pressing himself closer and tiptoeing to slot their lips together. 

They stay like that for minutes, quietly savoring each other, feeling each other's heart beats and tracing caresses across each other's bodies. Jungkook feels the world fade slowly, leaving only the heavenly flutters taking over him under the possession of Jimin's hold. 

Later Jungkook carries Byeong to his own bed while Jimin packs up the little boy's medical kit. They meet in the living room, cuddling while going through the ordering app, laughing at the many things they can't choose from and end up ordering all of them. Jimin then grabs the chance to ask Jungkook whether there are any news regarding the President's announcement and the petition submitted under his name.

Jungkook's mood sours immediately, eyes falling to his lap where Jimin plays with his fingers to compensate for bringing it up, knowing that there's nothing to do about the fact that this entire thing is their reality.

"Nobody reported anything yet... It's just a matter of when."

Jimin doesn't say anything but plants a kiss on Jungkook's cheek that at least makes the younger smile. Jungkook closes his hand around Jimin's, turning his head to look at him lovingly. He could have been alone today, trashing in the house all by himself, swimming in episodes of anxiety that haven't really calmed down since yesterday, but Jimin is here. Not only did he decide to comfort him all through the night, but also brought with him an expert medic to heal Jungkook.

It means so much that he is doing all this, as much as Jungkook can't show big reactions due to lack of energy. Everything in Jungkook's life could be going wrong but Jimin stays as still as a solid tree, a shade where Jungkook can catch his breath, lean his head and take a break from the world... somewhere he can seek shelter.

He can't believe they have only been together for three months. Feels like Jimin has been in his life forever...

"We didn't even get a chance to set a car wash at the campus yard," Jungkook says quietly, trying to find humor in his disastrous situation.

"Or build a sex museum," Jimin plays along, making the both of them release soft laughters. 

Their eyes find each other again, silent smiles communicating nothing but love and understanding. 

"I'm so proud of you, Gguk. You know that right?" Jimin says gently.

Not knowing how else to deal with Jimin's kind words, Jungkook exhales a breath of laughter. He feels his eyes water but he doesn't wanna cry right now. Because his favorite moments with Jimin always rise out of vulnerability, just like now when they are opening up to each other and sitting together with their weaknesses and he doesn't want his tears to steal the spotlight.

"That's such a you thing to say..." he mutters with a smile instead, focusing his eyes back on their fingers. How lame of him for turning down a compliment by Jimin. He must have meant it.

Jimin clicks his tongue. "Are you putting yourself down?"

"I messed up, hyung. Is it not obvious?"

"Jungkook," Jimin shifts even closer than he was, halfway through Jungkook's lap as his eyes land right in front of the younger man's. Jungkook has met that resolute expression before. He wasn't able to come against it that time, and probably won't now too. "When you mess up, it means you have done a shit job. Was there ever a moment when you felt like you weren't giving it your best?"

Jungkook sucks on his bottom lip, trying to stop its tremble.

Of course he can't Superman himself out of every meteorite falling his way. He is human and he has shortcomings.

But if he doesn't blame himself for the mess that came with Gidae, then he'll have given them the power of winning over him, which is  harder to live with than guilt-tripping himself. He is a lame type of person like that. He can't deal with losing to someone, not after he has poured his blood, sweat and tears into the battle. 

He doesn't know, though, how he'll keep up the front when Jimin is reminding of all the reasons there are for him to love himself.

"You are the bravest person I've met. You're so fucking cool, Jungkook, sulking around isn't a good look on you," the blonde man says louder now even though their faces are close enough to hear each other's blinks. Jungkook can feel how out of breath Jimin is, can sense how much more he'd like to pour out but is keeping locked up in his throat. "You're my baby's hero,"  Jimin's voice cracks then, emotions erupting waves in the sea of his orbs. "And you're mine too. You got us now, bun. We'll get through this together. I promise we'll find a way."

Jungkook is destroyed. He doesn't know what the hell he is supposed to do other than pull Jimin to his lap and burry his face on his neck, hugging him so tight that the man takes the shape of Jungkook's arms like dough. 

Lonely.

It's pathetic to realize you were a lonely person until someone tells you don't have to be like that anymore.  But it must be the truth, because Jungkook never felt so unlonely until now. 

Until Jimin looked him in the eyes and told him "you got us now", Jungkook didn't know he had nobody.

He squeezes and squeezes Jimin like he'll be able to crush his pain equal to an upside-down vase emptying its pearls, leaving his body free from the burden of carrying so much load. Then when his arms start hurting he realizes Jimin might be too. But Jimin squeezes him back just as hard, like telling him it's okay to hurt sometimes, it's okay to hurt him sometimes.

Jungkook always does his best. Always works extra hard, sets himself goals and objectives so that he doesn't have to be here. Regardless, he can't Superhuman himself out of every meteorite falling his way. He is human and he has shortcomings. And he has been here a few times, though they never felt this... warm.

Failure has never felt comfortable until Jimin came down here to hold him. 

He shouldn't have turned down that compliment. He does like it a lot when Jimin compliments him.

"Thank you for being proud of me," Jungkook muffles his whispers, sinking deeper and deeper into his never-ceasing grip, his fingers diving in and out of Jungkook's locks, lips tracing his skin and wrapping around his wounds, one hand traveling over his chest, landing right atop of his heart where the bandaid still clings unto the fabric of his shirt.

"Seems like this band-aid friend wore out," Jimin's angelic voice breezes through Jungkook's ear, his lips so near that Jungkook can feel them smile. "I'll tell Byeongie to change it for you when he wakes up."

It's incredible how Jimin can make him laugh even when he is an absolute emotional train-wreck. 

"You two are the best," Jungkook mumbles to the man's chest, somewhat embarrassed of being all pouty again but he guesses it's okay, because Jimin finds it cute enough to press Jungkook to himself like a toaster, making aegyo sounds like he's loving a baby while planting a million kisses on Jungkook's hair.

Jungkook grins sheepishly, eyes closing shut. He guesses here isn't all that bad anymore.

He tags along with Jimin and Byeong on their way back home. They stroll unhurriedly through the streets as the sun casts golds of yellow on building tops, settling for the day. Jimin is hanging by his arm as the two of them watch Byeong skip a few steps ahead of them. The air is calm and carefree and Jungkook is grateful that he found peace in the little big things today.

Thanks to special someone.

His eyes land on his boyfriend's side profile, heart overflowing with so much adoration. Jimin is... he is so surreal. He is a different shade of love in every season. They had met in winter for the first time, and Jungkook remembers how pink Jimin's cheeks would always get from the cold, but also every time Jungkook would flirt with him a little too obviously. He'd be wrapped in fluffy coats and scarves and Jungkook would wonder whether they were shooting an anime every time they locked eyes.

Then came spring, and Jimin started blooming. His eyes sparkled when Jungkook caught his sight, laughter bubbled over his features when Jungkook goofed around mindlessly. Jungkook would then wonder whether he was floating atop pink clouds when Jimin pulled him into hugs, that heart-racing scent of his eloping them whole.

Now that he watches the sun tan subtle freckles across Jimin's cheekbones, Jungkook decides summer is equally gorgeous on him. It's been a while since Jungkook told him he's pretty, he realizes when Jimin turns his face towards him, blinking a little at the fond gaze Jungkook is casting his way like an innocent butterfly.

Jungkook breathes out a smile. He can't believe he bickered that night when Jimin called himself an innocent butterfly.

"What?" Jimin perks a silly smile, beaming at the sudden kiss planted on his cheek. 

Jungkook feels somewhat drunk, approximating his lips on Jimin's ear and whispers. "Just thinking about how gorgeous you are." Then he pulls back to watch the starstruck expression on Jimin's face eagerly, the man unknowing of how he's supposed to react to the sudden romantic gesture.  

Seeing that shy grin spread onto his pretty features is Jungkook's favorite movie of a lifetime. Jimin's hands tighten on his arm, eyelashes fluttering as he looks elegantly into Jungkook's eyes. 

"You're the pretty one here," he boops Jungkook's nose.

"Mmm, don't think so," Jungkook's face scrunches on its own comically, his insides melting like sticky cheese. 

"Yes yes, think so," Jimin laughs, pulling Jungkook down so that their noses can be munchy-scrunchy together. It must look super absurd to someone watching from outside but neither of the two seem to be in tune with the strangers, make-doing puppies playing with each other with cartoon-like noises gargling through their throats.

"Mm-um."

"Mm-hm."

"You're outworldly, not me."

"You're outuniversely, not me."

Jungkook snorts, Jimin's pun catching him off guard. He is the one to usually make these lame jokes, not Jimin. That Korean proverb about people who hang out together starting to look like each other must be true. 

"See, you lost. Pretty babie," Jimin announces proudly, pulling onto Jungkook's arm to get them walking again. God, Jungkook really wants to kiss him silly, and not one of those muah ones. One of those mumuamuahuaahuaham ones, you know? 

"Since when do you call me baby?" he bites his lip, sending Jimin a dirty smirk that makes the blonde let out a hazy laugh. He looks a little flustered. Cute.

"Why? Am I not allowed to baby my boyfriend?" he tries provoking Jungkook to escape the spotlight but it's obvious that he's trying to be gain some time to cool off. 

Ah, Jungkook's really gonna have a meltdown right there and there.

"I like it," he titters quietly, mouth aching from all the smiling he's been doing. He skips a little in spot, determined to chase after Jimin's amused gaze. "Call me baby more."

The blonde man watches him from a dreamworld, eyes wondering around Jungkook's features like he is admiring him. For a moment Jungkook realizes, he might not be the only one doing the seasonal watching. Maybe... maybe Jimin does these silly things too, like not being able to stop thinking about how good he looks all the frecking time.

"Kay," Jimin ends up breathing out, hand sliding through his arm to Jungkook's fingers, intertwining them. "My baby," he smiles blindingly, shoulders raising slightly like he can't contain his excitement in the boundaries of his skin.

"Fuck," Jungkook looks at his shoes, the street, Byeong who is skipping on some red dots painted at the pavement, then back at Jimin who hasn't stopped grinning madly. "God," he shakes his head again, heart hopping on his chest at the sight. No, seriously no, he can't survive this beauty. Or cuteness. Or hotness. Or everything. Fucking Jimin is killing him. Just by calling him baby.

Jimin is about to make another daring remark or comment on Jungkook's him-fever (which is worse) but Byeong is there to save Jungkook! Yet again!

"Dada!" the love bug skips towards them energetically, stopping short of Jimin and showing him his undone shoe laces. "Can you paste it?"

Jungkook's is still whipped by his boyfriend but he could never miss the way Byeong uses the word paste to basically describe anything that has to do with fixing something. It's stinkin' cute!

Jimin bends down to tie his laces but the boy is dancing on spot, exploding with energy. "Stay still, doll."

"Coo Gguk!" Byeong's attention is on a pregnant woman who is walking by now. He shows Jungkook his own stomach, fascinated by the fact that hers was bigger than his. Jungkook cackles.

"She is pregnant, Byeongie," he leans down to explain the little boy, who now has an extravagant look in his eyes. "She has a baby in there!" Jungkook tries to make his voice as enthusiastic as possible, though he is whispering to not call attention to themselves.

Byeongie is looking more and more lost by the second.

"But..." he stutters, now gaping at Jimin who finishes tying his laces and holds the boy by the hips caringly.

"But what, baby?" Jimin asks, a hand coming to caress Byeong's cheek.

Byeong pouts. 

"Why did she eawt the baby?"

Oh heeeeell no.

Right in the middle of the street, Jimin and Jungkook burst into the loudest guffaws, practically clutching their stomachs as Byeong flashes a shy smile their way, happy about entertaining his people but slightly confused as to what was so funny about what he said.

"You are so so so so pretty precious," Jungkook raises him in his arms, making him sit on his hip as he kisses Byeong's cheeks over and over again. He has a cheek obsession with this family, it appears by now. The rest of the way to Avocado, Byeong is showered with love and attention by his adorable family, blushes covering his face that cradles into Jungkook's chest the more he gets bubbleheaded about being on the spotlight.

Jungkook loves holding his chubby little body in his arms, loves how easy it would be to tuck him like a little bag and carry him around like this. It makes him swell with so much affection that he'd be splashing rainbows if he were to throw up right now.

It's hard to let go of him when they get to Avocado, their parting point. Jungkook wanted to meet up with Hoseok to ask about how their rent-talk with Tae went (since the ascetic still doesn't carry a phone around, Jungkook has no clue how to talk to him) while Jimin and Byeong will head to their home.

"See you tomorrow?" Jungkook passes Byeong over to Jimin, the little boy frowning even though he doesn't complain about being in his dad's arms. "Will you be free at night?"

"Sure, you wanna come over?"

Jungkook nods happily, hair fluffing over the wind that cools the night air just a tad bit. It feels refreshing to him. 

"Yay!" Byeong raises his fist on the air in the meantime, making both men laugh at his cuteness.

"You like uncle Gguk that much?" Jimin asks with a sweet tone, meanwhile Jungkook looks expectantly into the little boy's eyes, nervous about the answer even though Byeong made obvious how special Jungkook is to him.

It's an instinctive expectation, Jungkook would say. Not everybody is lucky enough to have a place in an innocent child's heart, in their shiny beady eyes... So when Byeong nods over and over again, even letting out a cute squeal to look cuter than he can't possibly get, Jungkook glows from head to toe.

He feels so happy there are no words to explain.

"You gonna be okay?" Jimin's hand lands on his arm, an equally dazzled expression on his face. Jungkook has a feeling Jimin also feels enamored by the idea of Byeong and himself getting along so well. Of course he would, how could he not? Jungkook and Byeong are both his babies afterall... aren't they?!

Eeek! Your cheesy sleazy thoughts, Jeon Jungkook!

"Yeah," he nods, ruffling Byeong's hair. "My doctor healed me. Remember this?" he points at the band-aid still stuck to his shirt. Jimin giggles, sending a nod Byeong's way that makes the little one's eyes sparkle and smile grow. "Thank you for today," Jungkook sincerely looks at Jimin, taking a step closer to them both though his eyes are on the blond beauty. "You lit up my world," he says, at which Jimin laughs with red cheeks, hand reaching to Jungkook's neck and eyes falling at his lips.

There is no way to stop Jungkook's pulse from racing, swallowing hard before leaning in and meeting their lips in a short but lovely peck. 

It's way too short but Jungkook cherishes it.

There's no way they'll be making out in front of Byeong after all: their hunger would traumatize the little boy, God forbid. 

"Wanna give uncle Gguk a kiss too, Byeong-ah?" Jimin hops his son in his arms, bringing him forward so that he can reach Jungkook easily. Byeong is happy to do so, planting a darling peck on Jungkook's cheeks with his smol smol lips that make Jungkook want to hold him again and again until he has had enough of loving him. "Call me whenever," Jimin smiles at him contently, both himself and Byeong waving cutely as they step back.

Jungkook makes sure to raise his arms in the air and wave his hands gigantically, until they are eventually out of sight.

Watching after the empty street, he lets out a big sigh, feeling fulfilled and satiated.

He is unexplainably thankful for their existence, for today, for love. Love man, love is good.

Syrupy feelings puffing his chest, he pushes the door of the café open at which the dainty bell hanging atop ringles, welcoming him inside the cozy shop not-so-busy at this hour of the night. Behind the counter stands a woman Jungkook hasn't seen before, wiping off the counter. She looks up as Jungkook approaches, an immediate smile finding her lips.

"Hello there, how are you on this lovely summer night?" she greets, getting rid of the cleaning cloth and crossing her arms over the counter. There is an utter resemblance to Hoseok in her diamond-shaped face, almond eyes and high cheekbones. When Hoseok joins them from the back room later, it becomes clear that they are indeed siblings. 

"This is actually Dawon noona's coffee shop. I've been helping her out for about a year," Hoseok explains later when they are having take-out coffee at the park across Avocado. Taehyung joined them not too long after, saying that he saw them from the window.

He apparently moved in with Hoseok and Dawon at their flat right above the coffee shop. It's so unexpected that Jungkook gapes all through Hoseok's explanation about finding Taehyung very likeable and offering to rent him the empty room in their apartment.

"Is your sister okay with it?"

"Yeah!" Hoseoks nods with a smile, tiny dimples above the corners of lips popping. He takes a sip from his coffee, glancing at Taehyung who is swinging his feet off the picnic table's side. "He is a good sport. Quiet and amiable. No troubles so far."

Jungkook nods interestingly, needing some time to shake off the surprise. It's not crazy or anything that Taehyung moved in to Hoseok's suddenly but you know... he is surprised how easily Hoseok decided to rent to him even though he wasn't originally looking for a rentee.

"Ay, Jungkook," Hoseok puts his coffee cup down after taking a sip, suddenly serious. "Aren't you worried about the prize announcement for mascot reporter?"

Not having thought about it the entire day from being busy playing with Jimin and Byeongie, anxiety suddenly taps on Jungkook's system, making him stumble on his next breath for a few seconds. 

"M-me?"

Hoseok raises an eyebrow. "Aren't you the mascot?"

Jungkook skips his blinks, spacing out. He really didn't want to talk about this right now. He was having a blast of a day despite the stress, and now Hoseok dares bringing it up randomly when the conversations they had altogether doesn't even outnumber fingers of a hand.

Also, how the heck does Hoseok know?  Did Tae... did Tae tell him?

Hoseok must have noticed the accusatory glances Jungkook is sending Taehyung's way, his immediate intervention tells.

"That time when Jimin ordered an Avocado coffee truck to your mascot practice —  that's how I assumed you were... uh.  Didn't mean to be nosy or anything bro, sorry."

Jungkook exhales a silent oh, eyes escaping to his lap where his hands are squeezed. His body is tensing up again. God, he really didn't want to have this conversation.

"It's okay," he says anyway. He doesn't want to make things awkward with Hoseok for no reason. The man didn't have bad intentions when he brought it up. "I'm holding out."

"You must be scared. Someone will eventually report."

Jungkook's eyes jump at the man. What's up with his attitude? He knows that someone will eventually report, he is trying to avoid it, if it wasn't that obvious to the man who is nodding at him like he 'understands' what Jungkook is going through.

"But it shouldn't be that bad!" Hoseok dares continuing, as if he's oblivious to the rigidity inside Jungkook's eyes. "Everybody loves you, there's no way the President would punish and piss everyone off."

"Hobi hyung."

Hoseok stops talking, against a Jungkook who doesn't look happy by his nosiness, indeed so that he won't cut him slacks anymore. 

"I'm just saying."

"Well It's not helping."

Hoseok's lips part but no words come out, Jungkook's blown pupils too intimidating for him to ignore anymore. When the seconds become too long they break the contact, both looking their own ways to ease the tension. Taehyung jumps down the table then, hands in his pockets lazily.

"I'm heading up. Gotta sleep."

Jungkook tries to ignore the annoyance nagging at him still, throwing a glance at Taehyung. "You go to bed early now?"

 "Work," a smile tugs at the corner of Taehyung's lips, perceptive of the surprise readable on Jungkook's face. 

"Where?"

"Jazz Heart FM."

"You work at a radio station?!" Jungkook exclaims, shock washing over him.

"Mm," Taehyung breathes at the sky, satisfied with himself, if not cocky. "V out." With that he shoots two fingers to the ground and walks away unbothered by the bedazzled Jungkook left behind.

Jungkook steals the rest of the information from Hoseok, who knows hell a lot more than Jungkook has ever been able to know about Taehyung. Apparently, Taehyung came to Gidae to attend the radio host auditions on April and won —  he has been training at the station for nearly two months and turns out this is his first week as an officially paid host. 

"He used to walk to the station which took him more than two hours, this weirdo," Hoseok chirps, laughter so sharp it echoes in the park. "I got him used to taking the bus now. Saves him a lot of  time, plus he doesn't  look like shit every time he comes back home."

"He really takes the bus?"

Hoseok rolls his eyes. "He must have gotten tired of being beat up. He apparently passed through some shady streets and thugs busted his ass."

"Wow," Jungkook exhales, head spinning from all the information.

"I know," Hoseok giggles and throws his head back, falling under the spell of the clear night sky. "The stars are always at Gidae's skies," he smiles a beat of silence later, resembling a free bird that belongs up there. "Isn't that so amazing?"

Jungkook doesn't bother looking up. He is wondering whether Hoseok really wanted to say that, or it's his usual habit to fill the silence in a setting

His eyes automatically slide to the sky when Hoseok suddenly looks at him.

"Yeah, it's nice," he clears his throat. 

He pretends not to hear it when Hoseok chuckles.

"Hey," Hoseok taps the wooden bench in an attempt to catch Jungkook's attention again. "It's not a big deal, for real. You'll be all good, take my word for it."

Jungkook really wants to sigh at the arrival of the mascot subject again. Why can't the guy just let it go?!

"Take your word, as if."

Hoseok chuckles again and this time Jungkook has the unpleasure to witness  it. On a  normal occasion he could have been infected by his happy vibes but this is the one issue he doesn't wanna discuss, not with him, not with anybody. (Maybe with Jimin, if he feels like the anxiety is making him insane.)

"I'll go help noona close up," Hoseok stands up, flashing a hand-nod at Dawon who is settling the tables inside the empty coffee shop. "Night," Hoseok leans into Jungkook's space like the younger has eyesight problems and shows his perfectly white toothy smile, then jogs back to Avocado.

Jungkook stares after him, unsure of what to name the perplexing tightness lathering inside of him. Taehyung doesn't talk, Hoseok talks a lot, but there is a mystery to both their grounds. Such a weird coincidence.

Next morning he forces himself out of bed to attend his classes, motivated in a strange way his encounter with Hoseok the previous night. You know that feeling when someone foretells you about something nonsensical but you go there to check if it's real even if you didn't believe it?

This is Jungkook doing somewhat of that check or whatever. 

He attends his classes, trashes at the Debate Club's room as the members compile a file of potential problems with the university administration, grabs lunch with Dokyeom, returns to the club room, chills and plays on his phone, everything's normal.

And then it happens. 

It happens very similar to how it did at home that day. Sudden, disarming, and lofty. Only this time there are more humans gathered around him, pitch silence and actual threat bells ringing in his ears.

"Jeon Jungkook, you have been identified as the face behind the mascot of Gidae University at the 2020 Winter National University Games. You are expected at the President's office on the fifth floor of P Hall this afternoon."

For a moment Jungkook spaces out, chest heaving loudly, own breaths clouding his vision. 

They turned him in.

They found him.

It's game over.

He's done for.

Jungkook's brought back to the room by faceless people, hands rubbing on his body. He doesn't feel like he is real, doesn't feel like anything is real.

Mind blank, eyes lifeless, he stands up and storms out of the room.

They try to stop him but he tosses around hysterically until they let him be, fresh air hitting him like a bulldozer the moment he steps out on campus. His eyes pierce at P Hall the first thing, its majesty sitting grandiosely besides the other establishments. He remembers the day he watched it from the sky on that warm summer night, cup of coffee in hand with his friends, Jimin. He remembers the pride filling his chest, the happy-go-lucky jokes they made about it.

Heart beating on his throat, all he can make out is anger now.

Because not only does he feel wronged, but he feels betrayed too.

He spits to the ground, pulling out his phone. He is shaking like a drumskin, waiting for Hoseok to pick it up as he stomps towards the building with the wind at his back. It rings and rings, rings until Jungkook enters the Hall, passes the security, gives his name to the Secretary, is brought to the door of the President's office. It'd continue ringing if Jungkook hadn't shoved it back to the back pocket of his jeans.

Jungkook felt it. 

He doesn't care if it might sound illogical or judgemental to the outsider: he sat with Hoseok last night, he looked into those eyes, and he saw that glint, that very mischievousness that left him with with a bitter taste, with a sick stomach. He didn't know — thoughts tickled his brain, birds whispered to his ears but Jungkook didn't know what he was after.

This was it. 

Hoseok turned him in, he knows it.

And he probably felt guilty about whistleblowing so he tried offering Jungkook words  of comfort last night — what a joke. Jungkook is busting veins all over his face, not finding the courage of  turning that knob and walking inside to meet the President who has been informed to be waiting for him in this psychotic state.

Get your leave, Jungkook, he tells himself. Get your leave and you'll figure out the rest later. 

Counting numbers in his head, he manages to tone down volume of his breaths, pep-talking himself to readily walk in. 

He closes his eyes.

Opens them.

Focuses on the woodsy color of the black door, the softness of the carpet under his shoes, the coolness of the air conditioner blowing in the room. 

Okay. You're okay. Come on.

Bang Shi Hyuk is a chubby man of middle height.

He stares at Jungkook who is seated at the leather couch before his desk, an unwavering smile on his face. He indicates the camomile tea in front of Jungkook with a polite hand gesture.

"It'll ease your nerves," he says.

Jungkook is short of blurting out something inappropriate but he's too bewildered to disobey, so he grabs the handle of the delicate porcelain tea cup and brings it to his lips. He sees the President duck his head in encouragement, tearing his eyes immediately off the man due to the discomfort his hairy eyebrows bring him.

Is he planning to drug Jungkook with this? Is that why he looks so composed?

Jungkook makes the mistake of putting the cup back on the saucer plate a little too harshly, causing the liquid to suddenly spill out  of the cup, some on the table and some on his own pants. Before he even finishes panicking the President is right before him with napkins in his hands, trying to suck the tea off of Jungkook's pants by pressing them on his legs.

"Oh – no, no, I'm fine!" Jungkook stutters, trying to get the man off of him, which for a moment gives a working impression, but then the man is back to cleaning him off, pushing Jungkook to grab his arms in the fight against him. "You don't, you really don't have to. I'm really okay," he states, wishing he could turn into a sand particle and roll under the door, preferably far far away from this office when the President freezes for a few seconds.

He finally pulls back like something clicked in his brain, breathing out a laugh that Jungkook desperately mimics. He smoothes his suit. Brushes the falling strands of his bangs. Jungkook tries not to stare at his capri dress pants as he walks back to his chair.

What is his deal?

A few moments of silence later, the President settles with a composed expression on his face, hands tied in front of him and fingers drumming against his knuckles. With an outlook so authoritative you'd think that he'd announce Jungkook's draft right on the brink, but instead he says,

"It would be a shame if I didn't mention how much I enjoyed your performance at the Basketball Olympics."

Jungkook nearly chokes, blinking hard as he brings himself to a kind nod. 

"Have you tried mascotting before?"

"No."

"Ahm... Are you a dancer?"

Jungkook's face twists awkwardly. "No..."

"Then you must have a knack for dancing!" the man announces, suddenly enthusiastic. "You know that part when you did the thing?" he claps his hands, fingers curling in wrong angles to show a specific move Jungkook is assuming he enjoyed. "When you went like, oh, wha, cha-ta!" he laughs loudly from his throat, so caught up in the joyous description that he barely notices the awkward posture his body has bent in front of the student. "That was metaphysical!"

Jungkook is so confused he isn't sure what about.

"Yeah," so he laughs too, pressing and unpressing his lips nervously. "Yeah, thank you."

"Maybe we should open a dance academy for talented dancers like you. But that's talk for another day! Let's get to the actual purpose of our meeting, shall we?"

Jungkook closes his eyes, head lowering guiltily. Here it is.

He just hopes the crackhead President doesn't make a joke like, would you like to dance your way out of  uni too? or something equally unfunny that would only suit Jin's taste of humor. Mocking him for expulsion is the one pride-stabbing move Chubby Chucks could pull on him after all this.

"You filed a petition to the Board against fraternities?"

Huh?

Jungkook looks.

"That wasn't me."

The President's eyebrows raise, somewhat like he didn't expect it. "Then who did it?"

"I-I don't know. I didn't file any petitions. Someone did it under my name."

"Hm... That someone ran for Student Body President, built a bridge between the MS Hall and the Dormitory Halls, held a live concert at the Ballroom in Dae Wang  Sejon Library basement, called the cops on fraternity houses too, under your name. Correct?"

Jungkook blushes harder and faster than he has his entire life. How the hell is he supposed to confess? But not confessing would look like a cowardly move since everything is out in  the  open... He'll be expelled anyway, he might as well own up to it and walk out like a champ–

"I personally wanted you to become Student Body President," the  President nods nostalgically, lost in some sort of mental fantasy that is creeping Jungkook out right now. "But protocols!" the man shrugs. "Things don't always go the way I want."

What is that supposed to mean...

"What do you think about Greek life?" he throws in one of his random questions, leaving Jungkook startstruck again. He's not sure he'll be able to adapt to the pace of the man's advancements over just a meeting. 

Maybe he's bored of sitting in his office all day and thinks of Jungkook as an entertainment source. He'll tease him a bit, then roll him into a crumbled ball of useless paper and score basket as he throws him into that obnoxious modern bin at the corner of the room.

Back to the question... What Jungkook thinks about Greek life.

He scratches his neck.

Is this a quiz? A stay or go? Is he supposed to praise the frats to gain favor of the President?  Maybe he'll let Jungkook stay? But... but no, he can't lie about something like that. Putting his non-ownership of the petition to the side, he is grateful that someone worked hard to compile evidences of the violence and crimes running through the fraternities in the University and sent them in. 

"I believe that they are corrupt organizations that threaten equality and integrity within the University system."

Only after he utters the words does he realize that he practically cut off his balls and handed them to the President. He'd not complain if he were expelled at this point. But his conscience is freed of guilt and he is sort of proud of himself for speaking out the truth.

"Interesting. You said you didn't file the petition?"

Ha ha. Very funny, President.

"No, I didn't," Jungkook squares up. "My stance against them doesn't fall short of acceptable, either way. After witnessig the pained state of my fellow drugged students, it doesn't sit right with my morals to ignore the harms of hazing, violence and discrimination exercised within the Greek fraternities. I've learned that they cause more harm than stand for good."

The President listens and nods for a few more minutes (Jungkook has stopped talking tho... maybe he is lagging?), deciding to stand up for no reason at all, circling to Jungkook's side and taking the couch in front of him.

It's either a sign of openness, leveling down with a self-known student, or a show of threat, expression of supremacy.

"One can never know true intentions behind another's words. But I've developed a liking towards your boldness, and my instincts tell me to rely on your conscience," the President smiles smartly, the implication behind it special from any other. Fingers intertwined below his chin, his whole attention grazes over Jungkook. "Be honest with me once more, Jungkook. Why do you think I called you here today?

Jungkook's not gonna lie. He might have uttered his guts out but he can't say that he isn't scared for his life. Because sitting afront a figure of authority who has the power to dictate over your future with an ounce of trigger is scary, should be scary, but the real question is:

Should that stop you from being you?

The answer lies within Jungkook's heart from day one.

Letting his guards down, Jungkook holds the President's gaze and pours his heart out.

"To expell me."

Yes, hearing the words leave his mouth stink more than the way they rang in his ears, neither was his voice wavering nor were his hands shaking then. But that's what courage is mostly about when Jungkook thinks back to his experiences. He doesn't remember doing all that pledge lunacy and laughing about it the whole time. He also remembers the tremble of his heart, the freezing of his lungs, the deadly voices in his head, the stakes on the line, the people put in danger. 

He remembers being vulnerable through it all, and that's how he knows he accomplished everything to begin with.

Yes, it stinks to be human in that sense, but it's not something Jungkook can help. He can only push through.

Slowly, ever so slowly, The President nods. 

"Reasonable. You hacked the Mascot Selection system."

Jungkook gulps dryly, eyes casting down.

"I'm sorry."

No answer comes for a bit  that Jungkook starts thinking this is where the President tells him to get lost, you doofas. Okay maybe he won't say doofas but Jungkook will feel like one so.

"Apology accepted," he says instead, smiling at the doe-eyed Jungkook dazzled expression. Is this a joke?  "There, apology accepted," the President opens his hands to both sides to advance his credibility , shrugging. "I'm assuming this wasn't what you were expecting?"

"I... no," Jungkook buckles up in his seat, bowing his head over and over again. He can't believe this is happening. "Th-thank you. Again, I'm very sorry. I promise to never do such malpractice again and I promise to live as a righteous and diligent student from now on!"

Looking fond of the student's respectful attitude, the President chuckles. "Then I know exactly where you can start."

Jungkook stops all his ministrations then, staring at the man hawk-eyed. Was there... a catch?

"I wanted to you to be found after the petition, because I thought you were standing up against fraternities. You say you haven't filed the petition but I see enough fire in your eyes to believe that you would be a great partner in the path to ending fraternities in Gidae University," the President nods slowly.

He... Ending fraternities? Huh? Isn't the university the biggest supporter of fraternities?  

Sensing the confusion across Jungkook's face, the President explains himself without Jungkook needing to voice it.

"I've been in office for 2 years now. I served in the Board of Trustees in Gidae University for a few years before that," the President explains and despite being tempted to say I know cuz my awesome team researched about you Jungkook bites his tongue. "I've had a chance to witness the strengths and problems of the University, assess the people on the administration team and Trustees."

This very much sounds like a speech you give to someone before  announcing them a CIA mission. Jungkook's heart is beating so fast he is not even gonna pretend to not be interested. This is his shit right here, wait until he tells the team! They're gonna freak out!

"In the current system, everything comes to the Board. The Board as of now," the President clicks his head forward, "is not in favor of reevaluating fraternities. I haven't been able to do much on my own to change the system. But with the media coverage that you provided of abuse done against students and that petition filled with unforeseeable evidences, things have gotten impossible to ignore. If we want action taken against fraternities, this is our chance."

Jungkook licks his lips, a million thoughts running through his mind.

This is our chance.

Who is us in this equation? Who exactly is involved?

"Certain members of the Board are by my side, ready to push for an investigation. But for that we need to work with the students themselves, who happen to be the petition-writers.  They know all the insider information. We need their help the most."

Jungkook shifts in his seat. 

"I have a proposal for you," says the President, wide awake even though his eyes are naturally sleepy. "One. Stand by the #endfrats campaign as the mascot, raise your voice. Two. Find me the petition-writers, and I'll reward you with something you have been wanting for a long time."

Waiting for the rest of that sentence feels eternal. Jungkook doesn't dare move, breathe or blink, holding out, holding out, holding out... until...

The President spills the milk.

"I'll make you the first Student Trustee in the history of Gidae University."

[A/N:  Alright alriiiiiight! Let's clear some things up for those of you who are unfamiliar with terminology. The Student Body President is one of the many student leaders within a university, however, the Student Trustee is the student that personally sits with the Board Members who make all  the decisions for Uni as a representative for all students, including the Student Body President.

The 'bad' isn't always so bad, isn't it? We can't see the bigger picture to decide for every moment. Patience is key, loves! There are still so many reveals coming up! IIIIIIII caaaan't wait!

This chapter was double long so I decided to cut it into two parts. Hoping to release the next one after finishing my project assignments by the end of week. It's my favorite in the entire book, so look forward to it, chuseyo! :*

Also, ain't Jikook + Byeong such an adorable triplo?! <^.^>]

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

61.8K 3.5K 27
They always say not to judge a book by its cover, using it as a metaphor to suggest you shouldn't judge people just by what you see. Though, you watc...
7.3K 902 10
"There are all kinds of love in this world, but never the same love twice."
21.8K 1K 23
I fell for her knowing that it isn't right. knowing that I have someone else in my life. but the way I loved her was unique. the way we loved each ot...
32.1K 1.7K 22
(FF inspired by the au!edit by pcymin on YouTube) "Love makes you do things...scary things." "Our love is unique, different, psychotic even." "We're...