𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚢 || (𝙷𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝙻�...

By neozxn

(⚠️ TW ⚠️: Mentions of bullying, anxiety, homophobia, harassment, and self-harm/suicide. I highly recommend n... More

Chapter 1: 'Sweet Spot'
Chapter 2: 'You Again'
Chapter 3: 'Stupid-Cute'
Chapter 4: 'First Impressions'
Chapter 5: 'Fragile'
Chapter 6: 'Ground Rules'
Chapter 8: 'Hierarchy'
Chapter 9: 'Rumor'
Chapter 10: 'Haven't You Heard'
Chapter 11: 'Neighbors'
Chapter 12: 'The Fair'
Chapter 13: 'Bathrooms'
Chapter 14: 'Detention'
Chapter 15: 'Eda's Advice'
hello, I'm alive (a/n)
Chapter 16: 'Confusion'
Chapter 17: 'Gullible'
Chapter 18: 'Cold'
Chapter 19: 'The L-word'
Chapter 20: 'Pancakes'
Chapter 21: 'Odalia'
Chapter 22: 'Problems'
Chapter 23: 'Break'
Chapter 24: 'Lights and Fights'
Chapter 25: "Christmas Gifts"
Chapter 26: 'A Surprise Visit'
Chapter 27: 'Bad Luck'

Chapter 7: 'Avalanche'

6.5K 231 539
By neozxn

3rd Person POV:

Luz, Amity, or Boscha didn't go to school on Monday. Ever since the party, people have been treating Luz like some sort of wanted criminal. Every football boy at Hexside has made death threats towards her and wanted to get revenge for what she did to Zayn. Luz knew she wasn't going to be able to take on all of them if they decided to jump her or something. The only reason she was able to take on Zayn was because of pure adrenaline and anger, and even then, it wasn't like she was planning on punching someone in the face. Luz and Boscha were able to convince their mothers to let them spend the week over at Amity's house surprisingly, and Amity told her siblings that she was sick and had a really bad cold; they knew she was lying though, but they didn't care. Boscha and Amity had been keeping her safe from the kids at school, they didn't want to see Luz get hurt or even worse; killed. Hexside had been known to be a chill school with nice students, but sometimes, the student would get really out of line. There was a case once where a kid got run over by his ex because he cheated on her.

Luz leaned against the headboard of Amity's bed with her legs crisscrossed. She scrolled through her Instagram and saw all the posts people from the school said about the party. Most of them posting videos of the fight, and some posting death threats. The football boys said they were planning on hurting her in some way, and Luz didn't want to find out how. It was around 4 AM. Luz was the only one awake right now, she couldn't sleep. She had a massive headache from the blow she took from Zayn. It was bruised really bad and probably wasn't going to heal anytime soon. Amity was sleeping right next to her, and Luz thought she looked so peaceful even when she was asleep. Boscha was sleeping on a beanbag on Amity's floor. She was snoring lightly and she had all her limbs spread out like a spider, Luz found it funny. She had been awake for a while now, she had woken up because of her headache. Amity had told Luz to wake her up if she needed anything, but she didn't have the heart to wake up Amity from her sleep.

A couple of minutes had passed, and Luz saw Amity thrash around in her sleep. Luz gave her a worried look and put her phone down, Amity looked like she was having a really bad nightmare. "Amity!" Luz exclaimed quietly, shaking her. Without warning, Amity jolted up and started breathing heavily. She looked around frantically like she was looking for something. Luz was concerned, she didn't know what Amity was doing. A couple of seconds passes, and Amity stopped looking around and faced the direction Luz was in. She saw the worried expression on Luz's face and quickly looked away, embarrassed. The Blight looked down at her covers and her breathing became uneven as she let out a sob. Luz was frozen, she didn't know what to do. She has never been really good a comforting people, but she knew Amity needed someone right now.

Luz wrapped her arms around Amity a pulled her into a hug, letting her rest her head on Luz's chest. "It's alright Amity, you're here...you're safe," Luz whispered softly to her, stroking Amity's hair. Luz had no idea what Amity was dreaming about, so she didn't know exactly what to say. Amity continued crying into Luz's blue shirt she had on, it became wet with tears but Luz didn't mind. Amity continued crying for a couple more minutes as Luz whispered sweet nothings to her, it helped her calm down. Amity's breathing became steady and she let in a deep breath, but she still stayed embracing Luz. "You wanna talk about it?" Luz asked her quietly. Amity shook her head, she didn't want Luz to worry about her right now. "Ok then..." she said, hugging Amity a little tighter than before. The green-haired girl felt safe in her friend's arm, she felt like nothing could hurt her. Amity took in Luz's scent, she smelled like a fall day. Amity didn't know how to explain it, but it was her favorite scent now.

They stayed like that for the rest of the night, in each other's arms. Luz's headache had mysteriously gone away and it didn't hurt anymore. Her shirt was damp with Amity's tears but it didn't bother her. She didn't want to ruin this moment right now. There was one thing she wished she could change though, the feelings she felt right now. Instead of the butterflies, Luz felt compelled to Amity; almost like she wanted to keep her like this forever. She wondered if it was wrong to think this, that she could keep Amity for herself. Luz shook off the feeling, it was selfish to take Amity away from everyone. So instead, she took in the moment right now, knowing that it would be over soon enough. Amity's soft breathing could be heard, meaning that she was asleep. Luz shifted over carefully, not wanting to wake her up. Amity tightened her grip on the girl which made a shiver go down Luz's spine. Luz laid her head against the pillows and her back on the mattresses, getting in a comfortable position.

Amity was laying with her head under Luz's, and both her arms in a tight embrace. Luz had pulled one of the blankets over her, not wanting her to get cold. As Amity slept, Luz looked up at the ceiling with an arm around her. She thought about everything; from her mom, to her dad, to the moment right now. Everything about this moment was perfect for Luz, she wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world. Then the stupid butterflies came back, but this time, Luz didn't mind it. She understood why they would come back every time Amity was around. Her smile, her laugh, her voice; Amity was perfect to her. The Latina's eyes became heavy and she put her other arm around her friend, holding her tightly. Luz felt herself get pulled more and more into sleep, a dark wave flowing over her. The last thing Luz remembers that night is what she mumbled before going back into a peaceful sleep.

"You're killing me, Blight"

~~~

Luz woke up to Amity ripping from her embrace. "Boscha you better delete that!" She could hear Amity exclaim. "Make me!" Boscha said back. Luz sat up on the mattress and rubbed her eyes, letting out a yawn. Amity growled out and tried to snatch the phone from her hand. The pink-haired girl just pushed her away and held the phone high in the air, laughing down at the flustered girl. "uhh...what's happening?" Luz asked. "I took a picture of you and Blight sleeping, It's adorable," Boscha teased, still pushing back Amity. She eventually gave up and slumped back over to her bed, sitting down on the foot of it. "If you show anyone that, I will break every single bone in your body," Amity said in a cold tone. Boscha wheezed out a laugh, "Jeez Blight, lighten up a bit, you might just scare your cuddle buddy," Boscha teased. Amity looked like she wanted to tackle Boscha and murder her, but she let out a deep breath and faced the girl next to her. "Good morning Luz," Amity said with a smile. "H-hi..." She awkwardly said back with a wave.

"Ok, what's for breakfast, I'm starving," Boscha said, rubbing her stomach. "Uh, whatever you want, you can go to the kitchen and get whatever," Amity said. "Ok, I'll be right back, don't make out while I'm gone," She said, walking out of the room and closing the door. Luz felt a vibrant blush rise to her cheeks but shook it off when Amity scooted a little closer to her. "Are you ok? Does your head hurt?" Amity asked, placing a hand on her bandage she had on. "I'm fine right now," Luz responded with a smile, but that smile quickly turned into a look of worry. "Are you?" Luz asked, placing a hand over Amity's on her head. Amity quickly pulled away from the touch, looking down at the covers. "You can tell me anything Amity, I promise I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to," Luz said, hoping Amity would trust her. The Blight looked up at her, eyes full of care. "I-..." was all she was able to get out before the door opened, the sight of Boscha holding a bowl of cereal coming in.

They both looked at her for a split second but looked back towards each other. "Later, ok," Amity reassured her. Luz nodded, her expression still the same. Amity scooted over back to the foot of the bed and looked at Boscha. "Amity, this cereal is amazing," Boscha said, eating a spoonful of it. "It's just cinnamon toast crunch, don't get too excited," Amity said, waving her hands in the air. Boscha gave her a sarcastic laugh and continued eating. "You want anything, I'll go downstairs and get you something," Amity asked Luz. "I'll just take a water," Luz said. "A water, you really are a weirdo," Boscha said, eating another spoonful. Amity gave her a death stare but faced Luz again and nodded. She got up from the bed and walked out of the room. Boscha and her stayed silent for a bit before Luz's face went red.

"So, you and Blight?" Boscha asked, looking unfazed. Luz was taking back a bit and her breath hitched, a clear blush covering her cheeks. "Eh, what do you mean, we're just good friends is all," Luz rushed out of her mouth, closing it before she exposed something. "Yeah right, 'good friends' don't cuddle with each other at night, especially when that friend is Amity Blight," Boscha explained, knowing Luz was lying. "What do you mean by that," She said offendedly. "Come on Noceda, we both know Amity is the most anti-social person in the world. You must be special if she even lets you talk to her," She said, raising an eyebrow at her friend. "Plus, it's easy to tell you swing both ways," Boscha said, leaning back against the chair again. Luz was taken back, "I-, you little-," She stuttered out, knowing she was hinting towards her bisexuality. "Don't worry Luz, I won't tell, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows," Boscha said with a wink. Luz turned away from her and crossed her arms, she had nothing to say.

As if on cue, Amity walked into the room with some apple juice and a cold water bottle. "Was Boscha bothering you, she does that a lot," she said, giving her friend a mean look. Boscha put her hands up in defense, "I said nothing that wasn't true," she said with a smirk, looking over at Luz who was still facing away. "Here Luz, I also got you some pain killers. I'll help take away your headache," she said, handing Luz 2 small white pills. Luz hesitated before taking them, but gulped them both down and chugged the water after it. "Thanks, Amity," she said, wiping off some of the water from her lips. The Blight gave her a nod. "So, what do you guys want to do?" Amity asked the 2. They both shrugged their shoulders. "Well, how about we just hang out in here then," Amity said. "Actually, I have to go help my brother with his car. You 2 can hang out together though, I'm sure you'll enjoy that," Boscha said, grabbing her bag and going towards the door. "Bye guys, don't have too much fun," Boscha said with a smirk before walking out of the room. Amity let out an annoyed huff but faced Luz.

"You don't have any plans, do you?" Amity asked her. Luz shook her head, "I got nothing, I'm stuck with you for the whole week," Luz said with a dumb expression on her face. Amity shook her head and a small chuckle escaped her lips, "you make that sound like a bad thing," Amity said, walking over and sitting on her bed. "No, I like it here, it's better than my house," Luz said, shifting over to sit next to Amity. The Blight looked down at the floor, not knowing to say. Even though Amity felt like she could be herself around Luz, it was hard to open up to her. She didn't know why, Luz was just different than most people. Amity felt like she couldn't say things around Luz because then she would leave, and then Amity would be alone. Of course, Amity did have Boscha and she was grateful for her; but Luz made her feel whole, she filled in the empty spaces.

Then, she felt the tears at the end of her eyes. Amity bit her lip and tried to hold them back, but the feeling was too strong for her to keep inside. The tears rolled down her cheeks, leaving them damp. She quickly wiped it off, hoping that Luz wouldn't see her like this. Amity always kept her cries to herself. She had always thought it was embarrassing to let people see when you are hurt, especially when that person is someone as optimistic as Luz. She sniffled in a sob, making her friend face towards her. Luz saw Amity cover her face with her hands, she was clearly tried to hide the sobs. "Hey, are you ok?" Luz asked worriedly. Amity didn't know what to say. Was she supposed to answer truthfully, or keep it hidden for the world to wonder? Amity hesitated but shook her head no. Luz's enthusiastic smile turned into a frown as she stood up. Luz walked in front of the Blight and kneeled down. "Amity, look at me," Luz said softly. 

Amity felt compelled to, but she could bring herself to do it. She was vulnerable right now and hated that Luz had to see her like this, it was embarrassing. "Amity..." Luz said, her name rolling off her tongue. Amity didn't get why Luz wasn't weirded out by her. Amity took her hands off her face and wiped some of the remaining tears on her cheeks. Even with her puffy red eyes and cheeks, Luz thought she was perfect. "You can trust me...you can talk about it," Luz said, reassuring her friend. Amity didn't make eye contact with her, she couldn't bear to have Luz see her like this. "And it's ok to cry," Luz said with a small, sad smile.

Those words, those were the words she desperately needed to hear.

Amity couldn't handle it anymore, it was too much. All the feelings came down like an avalanche, crashing down on her. She was suffocating in them. Amity covered her face, letting out a muffled sob. Luz stood up and sat back next to her on the bed, putting her arms around her. Luz wasn't going to force Amity to say anything, but she did want to know what was happening to make Amity feel this way. It hurt Luz to see her like this. A couple of minutes went by, and this scene felt so familiar to Luz, but maybe it's because this is what happened last night. Luz held Amity, she didn't care how long it took, she just wanted to be there for her right now. Amity's breathing had slowed and she felt calm, the same fall scent came from Luz; it was the best thing to her.

Amity had released herself from Luz, sitting up on the bed. She wiped off her face from tears and let out a small chuckle. "Sorry, that was kind of embarrassing," Amity said with a sniffle. Luz put a hand on her back and looked at her, "Don't be sorry for your feelings," Luz said. Amity looked over at Luz, giving her a small smile. "How are you always so happy? I don't get it," Amity asked with a small laugh. Luz returned the smile, "It's just a gift, I guess," Luz said. Amity chuckled and looked down at the ground again. She all of a sudden felt a warm feeling in her hand. She looked over to see Luz's hand interlaced with hers, sending a shiver down her body. Amity looked up at Luz and saw a small frown on her face. "I won't force you to say anything, but I want to know what's going on," Luz said, looking down at their connected hands. "I want to know how I can help," She said, looking back up and looking at Amity.

The Blight didn't know what to say, she knew that Luz would be there for her, but could she really help her? Luz had definitely helped her through a lot and that's for sure, but this was just different. She didn't think she could ever get help. Amity gave her a sad smile and rubbed her thumb across Luz's hand. "That's sweet Luz," Amity said. She stared into Luz's eyes, they were beautiful in the light, "But I don't think I want to talk about it just yet," She said, her voice cracking a bit. Luz nodded her head, she understood why Amity would not want to talk about. It was clearly a touchy subject for her. "Well, I'll be here when you do, I'll listen," Luz promised her, a promise she knew she would keep. "Thank you, for everything really," Amity said, looking down at their hands. Luz wondered what she meant by 'everything', but she didn't want to push any further. She could feel Amity play with her fingers, twiddling them around. It sent a warm feeling throughout her.

Luz continued to stare at Amity and took in all of her features. From her eyes and their beautiful golden tint, to every one of her freckles at covered her nose; she seemed to be in her own little world at the moment. "Eres hermosa..." Luz whispered under her breath. Amity looked up at her, "What was that?" She asked. Luz felt heat grow to her cheeks, "oh uh...I-It's nothing," Luz stuttered, making Amity raise an eyebrow. "Ok then..." She said suspiciously. She looked down again, her eyes widening. She noticed how their hands were still connected, and how the feeling was still coursing through her. She quickly let go of Luz's hand a stood up, "How about we go grab some food in town or something, I'm starving," Amity rushed out her mouth. "Yeah sure, that sounds nice," Luz said with a smile. Amity let out an awkward chuckle, she probably looked like a tomato at this point. "Ok, then I'll go get ready, don't go anywhere," She said with an awkward laugh, finger-gunning Luz before strutting out the room.

Luz was confused at Amity's sudden awkwardness, but she found it funny. She laughed and stood up, taking in another look at Amity's room. She liked it there, it felt safe and secure. Then, Luz knew why she felt that way, it was a familiar feeling she hadn't felt in a while. It was like home to her, yeah that was it. Luz felt at home with Amity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 3.9K 33
When you get to attach to something you love, there's no way you'd want to leave it behind. For Luz, going back to the human realm was the hardest t...
52.8K 2K 34
Luz Noceda goes to Hexside University, she's a freshman and barely knows how to keep up with her schoolwork. She lives with her adoptive mother Eda...
161K 3.7K 44
Beta Au : in which I imagine them as the ages 18/19. Amity Blight, top student. She prefers to be alone and only hangs out with her friend, Boscha, b...
31.9K 422 9
(X-posted from AO3.) In which Luz and Amity struggle to find some much needed and wanted privacy. (I swear the story is better than the summary, but...