The assassin's princess | Fem...

Per -astralis

I quickly stood up from my chair and kicked it away. My face turning red from embarrassment. "You can do this... Més

author's note
|00| Prologue
|01| Olympus here I come
|02| Father is ridiculous
A/N
|04| I meet Robin
|05| Mr. Know-it-all
|06| Of pranks and blue cookies
|07| revenge is the sweetest medicine
Chapter seven: Wonder Woman
A/N
Chapter eight: Dear Demigod dreams, I hate you.
Chapter nine: Apollo is here and brings bad news
Chapter ten: Tidal?
Chapter eleven: Who really are you, Tidal?
Chapter twelve: Unexpected things happened today, crazy too but I'm a demigod
Chapter thirteen: I meet Sara's (demigod) friends
Chapter fourteen: Training with a son of Ares and a suspicious son of Athena
Chapter fifteen: On a mission with Robin and an identified enemy
A/N
Chapter sixteen: I am not great at sneaking around...
Chapter seventeen: Morpheus, I just asked for peaceful sleep
Chapter eighteen: An unexpected visit and a lot of bickering
Chapter nineteen: Pinecone Face and Death breath meet my friends, oh boy
Chapter twenty: The minotaur and a bunch of overwhelmed friends
Chapter twenty-one: Star gazing and figured out identities
Chapter twenty-two: Apologies
Chapter twenty-three: Confessions...
Chapter twenty-four: The calm before the storm
Chapter twenty-five: "Are horses Pink?" "No?"
Chapter twenty-six: CODE RED! CODE BLACK! CODE SEND HELP THERE'S AN ATTACK
Last chapter: ~The primordial of the sky has arrived~
New Book
IMPORTANT A/N
Incorrect quotes
ATTENTION!!!
A/N

|03| Gotham Academy

17.7K 397 174
Per -astralis

P E R C Y

Tapping my fingers on my thighs I let out an annoyed huff.

Who was I annoyed at?

Myself

and my stupid life decisions that eventually led me here, the mortal version of hell

also known as Gotham Academy, but it doesn't have the same ring to it

"I can't believe I actually agreed on doing this!" I frustratingly whispered to myself, balling my hands into fists and grabbing hold of the thin fabric of my jeans. No, I'm not crazy.

"Are you alright miss?" I jumped a bit at my butler Wilfred's voice.

.•*Flashback*•.

"So..." I started "First of all, what do you want me to do?" it might've been dumb to agree just like that, but meh that's me

Zeus cleared his throat and intwined his fingers. Here it comes...

"We need you to go to Gotham, and attend Gotham Academy." I pouted "Later is only not to raise suspicion"

"But I can just say, I'm being homeschooled!" I argued "That's not the point. You're 17, it would be suspicious if a 17 year old girl wouldn't go to school and socialise. Gotham is not a place where 'homeschooling' is spread, either you go to school, or you're too far gone" Zeus shot me a stern look.

Aww, shitaki mushrooms!

"Your whereabouts have been taken care of. A family that goes by the name 'Scarlet' officially adopted you. But beware, they're mortal so no demigod stuff when you're in their sight, understood?" I nodded my head.

"But let's get to the point..." Zeus sighed and ran a tired hand through his hair. It looked like he just aged another 20 years. "The mist that covers the mythical world from the mortal word, has started to fall. All over the world people have started to witness monsters and demigods fighting, realising things are not how they were before...The world has started to become an uncontrollable mess. And we must act before it's too late. Gotham, being the place were it all started, is our priority. Eliminating problems from their roots has always shown to be the most affective."

oh, dam

"Alright... anything else I need to know?" I questioned a bit unsure.

Zeus glanced at Athena.

"There are a few people who you must avoid at all costs. No questions asked" she spoke with such authority that I didn't even bother "Bruce Wayne also know as Batman and his so called sons Red Robin, Red Hood, Nightwing and Robin. But never, under any circumstances, make it look suspicious! Your mission is to find the source of why the mist is starting to fail. Stop it before it is too late. Remember, if you ever need help, call us and we shall aid you as long as it is in our power. Otherwise you can seek Diana Prince out. She is a daughter of Zeus." Athena spoke and glanced at her father sharply.

I nodded my head, that wasn't too hard to get

"Ok, so basically" I started "I will get 'adopted' by some mortal family, who aren't aware of who I am. Well, more like what I am..." I cleared my throat "Then I have to do some detective work and find out why the mist is falling... and avoid these Wayne's. And on top of THAT I have to go to Gotham Academy." I summarised grumpily.

Ugh, kill me now

"Everything clear?" Zeus asked.
"Yes" I replied and chewed on my bottom lip. "When will I have to pack my bags?"

I expected him to say something along the lines of 'tomorrow' but not...

"Who said anything about packing bags?"

My eyes widened.

.•*Flashback*•.

Wilfred's warm voice was what lastly got me out of my daze "We will be arriving shortly miss Persephone" I winced slightly at hearing my full name

"Thanks, but it's just Percy please" I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

How often did I already have this conversation?

too often

I could've sworn I heard him chuckle

Going back to staring out the window, I saw buildings of all colours and sizes zip past us. But one stuck out the most. It was a huge building, but still a bit out of my sight. It resembled a mansion, and the closer we got, the bigger it became. I sucked in a breath when I read the words 'Gotham Academy' written over the gates.

So, this was my school

Clarisse would probably refer to this as 'Fancy Prissy School', I snorted a bit at that. She would totally say that. And then punch the next best person in the face, just for the satisfaction.

Not like I would stop her

Slowly decelerating, Wilfred took out a key and pressed it. Automatically the school gates opened and he drove through.

"We arrived miss Persephone" Wilfred said stating the obvious. By now I was convinced, that he called me Persephone just to annoy me. Yay

He wouldn't be the first, nor would he be the last.

I gave him a quick smile, before exiting the car, though limousine would be more accurate, and swung my backpack over my shoulders in the process.

Instantly all eyes where on me, and their whispering wasn't exactly what you would call quiet. They could've be holding a microphone and screaming into it for all I know.

I felt like an endangered species in a zoo.

But I lifted my chin and walked on, ignoring them.

Would've been just great to know, where I was actually going...

"Mmph!" I shrieked as I walked into someone. Rubbing my head and looking up slightly I saw a woman standing in front of me.

Brown curls fading into a light blond colour at their tips rolled off her shoulders. Chocolate brown eyes stared into my green ones. She didn't look to be around my age though.

"Sorry!" I apologised quickly. She laughed and smiled warmly at me "Don't worry dear, it happens a lot more than you would think"

She stuck out her hand to help me up, and I thankfully accepted it. She cocked her head to the side and analysed me "I haven't seen you around before..." she seemed to be deep in thought.

"Are you our new student?" she asked me, her furrowed eyebrows lifting as she beamed at me "Persephone Jackson?"

I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly and nodded, a huge smile broke out on her face "Oh how silly of me not to introduce myself! I'm Alliana, the secretary of this fine school" she said and winked at me.

I grinned

I was definitely going to visit her

Just hope there are other sane people around here

"Before I forget, you need your schedule! And your locker number!" she pulled out an old looking pocket watch "and your guide should already be here"

She tsked and put a hand on my back, leading me to a door with the words 'SECRETARY' engraved with silver in the wood.

How did I oversee this?

She disappeared inside for a short moment before coming back out with a couple of papers in hand. "Okay this" she said a handed me a plasticised sheet "is your schedule and these things just have to be signed by your supervisors till the end of the week"

I nodded my head "Your locker number is D137-" she was interrupted by the slamming of boots against the marbled floor. We both leaned backwards to glance at the newcomer

Coming around the corner was no one else than Damian Wayne. Alliana let out a sigh of relief "There he is"

fan-freaking-tastic

Damian Wayne just had to be my guide.

.•*•.

D A M I AN

Clenching and unclenching my fists, I resisted the urge to hit, or better yet strangle, my so called brothers. The whole twenty minute drive they had been arguing about something so incredibly stupid, that I actually doubted their IQ level.

In moments like these I regretted not going agains Father and sneaking my katana to school with me. You always have to be prepared to defend yourself, one of the first things I learned from the League Of Assassins.

The only useful information I had got in the last 24 hours, was that there was this new girl at our school. And I had to show her around, and that certainly didn't have anything to do with me being the son of Bruce Wayne.

I pondered on just not showing up, but decided against it as I had to act like a well mannered gentleman. I was looking even less forward to some girl throwing herself at me this early in the morning.

And telling girls that I'm gay, just encouraged them to prove me wrong. That was not a mistake I was making again.

Of course I wasn't really gay, though I suspected Alfred to be bisexual

I let out an almost inaudible little sigh but of course Todd had to hear it "What's wrong Demon Spawn? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, just like every other day?" he taunted and smirked satisfied as I let out a low growl and glared daggers at him.

Lucky for Todd, our arrival at Gotham Academy prevented me from killing him. I didn't need my trusty sword for that though. I shot him one last hateful glare and swung the door open, with a little too much force than necessary, and climbed out of the limousine.

Pennyworth was already waiting for me by the back of the car, he handed me my black backpack and claimed his seat in the drivers seat again. Shortly after that he hit the gas pedal and they slowly disappeared out of my sight.

Finally

I stomped towards the doors of Gotham Academy and took my sweet time going to the secretary. I wasn't in a hurry anyway.

Better be there later than sooner

Rounding the last corner I saw a girl with straight brown hair talking to Bernadotte, our overenthusiastic secretary

Bracing myself, having to listen to some girl talk in her high pitched voice about her life and everything she experienced, I approached them.

They both turned at the sound of my boots.My gaze swept from Bernadotte to the new girl, who was looking me up and down. Like I was the enemy, not eye candy.

I certainly wasn't expecting that

The closer I got, the more evident the distaste on her face was showing. I frowned at that, but didn't let it show.

Instead I studied her. Her long brown hair reached until her hips and was as straight as hair could get. Only that it looked natural. She had grass green eyes that held no emotion in them, it was somewhat unnerving. She didn't seem to have muscles on her, but looks could be deceiving.

I couldn't see a trace of make up one her skin, and I respected her for that

But there is something about her eyes...

"Damian," Bernadotte's voice caught my attention "this is Persephone. Our new student. Persephone, this is Damian, your guide. I'm sorry that we couldn't get a girl to guide you" she grumbled unhappily.

Persephone, huh?

What an interesting name...

I took that as a sign of dismissal and marched out of the room, not waiting for her to catch up to me. "Hey!" she called out and ran after me "Can't you wait up!"

I rolled my eyes and snatched the schedule out of her hands, causing her to glare at me and show me the middle finger. That spiked my already burning anger

"Are you" I started, keeping my voice level "showing me the middle finger" I didn't really formulate it as a question.

"No, how would you get that idea? I simply wanted to high five the wall, but alas my other fingers were to weak to stand up straight" she sassed.

"Listen here Perse-" she interrupted me again "don't.call.me.that.wayne."

"Well" I spat, glancing at her schedule "I'm bad at following orders, Jackson."

.•*•.

P E R C Y

After our little argument, we proceeded with the tour in silence. He only spoke when he showed me where what was. The cafeteria wasn't a place I liked, that was for sure. It looked like group of rats had run through and left crumbs of food everywhere.

I actually expected a bit more

And lucky me, Damian had left me to myself after he announced that he was finished.

I didn't exactly miss his presence anyway, but I smelt the scent of dead fish and desperately wanted to know a place to escape too.

Robin surely knew a place like that

Exploring on my own it was then!

"You don't look like you'r e too thrilled about eating sea food either" a girl with blond hair and calculating eyes approached me. I did a 360 turn, Where had she come from?

"Not really..."I replied and my hand itched towards my pocket slowly. Ready to draw Riptide any second... "Thank god! I thought I was the only one!"

What...?

"Oh, I'm so sorry! My friends told me that I sometimes resemble a rather creepy person, without noticing it." she laughed weirdly before continuing "You're the newbie everyone's been talking about, right?" she tried changing the subject.

"Ehm, yeah. That's me" I said and shifted from one foot to the other "I saw you leave and well, I usually eat under the tree over there and wanted to ask you if you want to join me..." she rambled and gave me a rather hopeful look. I couldn't help but nod.

"AWESOME!" she stuttered a bit and blushed "I mean cool... that's totally cool"

I chuckled and shook my head at her behaviour "Lead the way..." I watched as she facepalmed "I'm Sarah, de- I mean nice to meet you" she quickly skipped away, gently pulling me by my wrist towards the tree.

She sat down criss-cross under the shade of the gigantic pine tree and mentioned for me to do the same.

Wonder if the tree is related to Thalia

Sarah pulled out her lunch box out of her backpack and opened it with a soft 'click'. "How was your first day? Run into any hot dudes on the way?" she wiggled her eyebrows "It's not that hard, I mean look at them!" you could basically see the hearts in her eyes as she swooned over the football team, who were practicing.

I rolled my eyes "Nah, not really. Unless you would call my tour guide hot. But sadly the big ego of his has to ruin it all" that caught Sarah's attention "Who was it? Ian? Theodor? Callum? Kiro?"

"Damian Wayne"

silence

Her loud girly scream of excitement, didn't only startle me, but also the football team. Distracting them long enough for the football to hit one of them square in the face.

Ouch

Sarah seemed to not have seen what her scream had caused and was muttering all kinds of words under her breath. Something along the lines of 'omg, I'd totally want a hot guide like that' and other things I'd rather not repeat and would want to erase out of my memory if I could.

"You're my best friend now" she giggled and pulled me up, linking her arm with mine.

[EDITED & REWRITTEN]

Hello again :)

I hope my rewritten versions don't confuse you all... Cause like I change a loooooooot of the plot and new characters will be introduced on top of that. And Sarah and Sara are the same person, just decided to change her name a bit...

Alliana only exists in the rewritten version, and she will be popping up every now and then. HOPE YOU LIKE HER

Alliana is someone I actually know in real life, so here she is! Of course she's not actually a secretary XD

Also the locker number actually stands for something... The 'D' stands for 'Demigod' ; the '1' for 'one godly parent' ; the '3' for 'Percy, Annabeth and Grover' and lastly the '7' for well the seven...

I was also thinking about creating a playlist for this book, so if you have any ideas I would love to hear them! I'm not gonna spoiler though, the playlist will be revealed when I have about 15 songs

So it's a long way till there...

If you have questions or ideas, don't hesitate to pm me!

I'm just gonna finish off, inspired by one of my favourite writers on here, and say

I silver you

- Asteria 🖤

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

18.5K 579 25
DC Series Book One "No don't..." But her arms go up and the mesmerizing portals appear. Through the portal closest to them, the boys can see grass an...
101K 5.5K 54
(W- Wally West. D- Dick Grayson. R- Roy Harper.) D: Want to know how I remember how to spell 'Assume'? W: Okay..... D: Don't assume or you'll make a...
56.6K 1.4K 18
Hawk Moth is defeated Chat relinquished his miraculous back to ladybug Ladybug gets a new look Marinette parents died in an accident; she travels b...
17.2K 720 26
- Marinette is on scholarship in Gotham. - She has her own coffee shop and she works there with her friends. - Marinette is a rogue 'vigilante' and...