Golden | H.S.

Da goldenhvrry

"I can feel you take control of who I am and all I've ever known." A story in which a healing young woman fal... Altro

Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 6

6.8K 178 277
Da goldenhvrry

A/N: Hello, here's Chapter 6! So as I'm writing this, I'm listening to Z and crying over the fact that I'm seeing Louis in April next year and then Harry three times. Literally sobbing. So, here's the song I was listening to! It's absolute fire (no surprise there :))

Stream Icarus Falls.

Also, that's a picture of the PCH which I hope to someday be able to drive on and listen to Golden while I do :)

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We left the café pretty soon after our coffees were empty. Harry drove us back to the office and I was a lot calmer the second time around. When we got to the office, we both got out of the car and walked around to meet each other halfway.

"I had a very nice time today, Delilah. Thank you for coming with me." He's smiling the brightest of smiles at me and I can't help but return it.

"Me too. I really did. Thank you for letting me come with you." I say, bumping his shoulder lightly with mine.

After a beat of silence, I feel the urge to move towards him, and I do, until our chests are almost touching. I slowly look up until our eyes meet and wrap my arms around his waist before whatever confidence I mustered is lost. I turn and rest my head on his chest and feel his heart beating against my cheek.

There's a pause and all I hear is our breathing and the wind before he tentatively wraps his arms over my shoulders, and I feel his chin rest on the top of my head. He's warm and he smells like vanilla.

His grip is loose, like if he thinks I'm going to change my mind and let go. When he realizes that I'm not, he tightens his grip and I hear his exhale.

We pull from each other slowly, until our noses are touching, and our breaths are mixing. His lips ghost over mine and I'm frozen under his gaze, chills running through my body.

"Goodnight, honeybee." His heat is suddenly gone and the chills in my body now from the cold night's wind.

Oh.

I clear my throat and lick my lips. "Yes. Goodnight." His eyes seem regretful, but I could be wrong. I've been wrong once already tonight. He gives a soft wave with a smile, and I do the same as we get in our respective cars.

And it was only as I was driving away that I realized I may have feelings for Harry.

And I really wanted him to kiss me.

"You were in a bookstore alone together, he took you to his favorite café alone together, you were in a car alone together. And you didn't remove not a single article of clothing?" Seb asks incredulously.

It's Saturday morning and after my revelation on Wednesday, I'd had more trouble sleeping than usual and Seb noticed. So naturally, his solution was to interrogate me about it.

"It's not-I don't." I frowned down at my hands. "I don't want in his pants, Seb." He gives me a snort of disbelief. "Okay, well, obviously, I do. But it's more than that. He's funny, and he's sweet, and so nice, and we like a lot of the same things." I look up at him quickly before looking back down. "He read to me, Seb. He read to me. And we wrote each other little letters and-"

I chew on the corner of my lip as I pause. "I let him drive me."

I hesitantly look back at Seb, only to see his mouth wide open and his eyes wide, hands still mixing his coffee with a straw. "D, are you serious? You really let him drive you?" I sighed and then nodded.

"Holy shit. Holy shit. This is huge!" He's making my coffee now, but I stop him before he can hand it to me.

"Wait." He pauses his movements. "Can you- Um. Can you add some vanilla to it?" Seb's lips open and shut with no sound coming out. "Harry had that and I tried it and it was really good, so I just figured-"

"D." I stop my rambling. "Yes. I'll add vanilla." Seb has a strange smile on his face. "I think he's really good for you. You've changed more these past couple of weeks than in the entire time I've known you. And it's a good thing." He finishes mixing my coffee and hands it to me. "Don't let him go, okay?"

I take a sip from my coffee and twirl the straw aimlessly, "I'm not planning on it."

After talking with Seb, I went to my room and got dressed for work. The best part of this job is being able to wear practically whatever I want. I threw on a Rolling Stones t-shirt and tucked it into a pair of jeans with some vans and called it a day.

I say bye to Seb and jump in my car to get to the office. There's no traffic so I only hear Honeybee a couple of times before I turn into the lot and park. I walk into the office with a hopeful smile on my face. Things are changing for me and I don't...mind it. Change is good sometimes and so I've decided to let the cards fall where they may.

I knock on Jeff's doorframe like usual and he greets me with a smile, "Morning. Oh, I almost forgot to ask. What'd you and Harry end up getting up to on Wednesday?" He hands me today's list of things to do.

"Oh, um. We just went to a bookstore and then got coffee." I wave him off. "Nothing special." Except that was not entirely true. Because it was special. To me, at least. It was one of the best days I've had in a long time.

Jeff nods with a smile, "I'm glad you guys are getting along. Professionally and personally, I care about both of you a great deal, so this is good. I don't know what I'd do if you guys didn't like each other." He says with a laugh.

"He's a cool guy so he makes it easy." I pause for a beat. "Anyway, I'm going to get started on this list. Let me know when you want me to get lunch." I head back to my desk.

The day is pretty dull, even as I drive down the highway with my windows down to get Jeff's lunch. Now, I'm seated at my desk, having finished his list and playing with my pen, a small part of me hoping Harry comes in and whisks me away again like he did yesterday.

But he doesn't.

Instead, after a few hours of me sitting at my desk, I get a text. From Harry. I can't help the smile that comes on my face when I see the simple message.

Hi.

I sit up straight and respond, hi back :).

I know how much you hate texts but if I write you a letter, then it'll never reach you in time, and I'm afraid I just can't take that risk.

i don't hate texts, i just don't prefer them.

Oh.

What's your word today?, is his quick response.

I smile wider and think before I start typing, axiomatic.

And that would mean...

unquestionable or undeniable.

Interesting. What are you doing on Saturday?

My eyebrows raise and I go to type before another bubble pops up.

You're doing nothing because I already asked Jeff and he said Saturday is his day off, therefore it's your day off. Would you like to go somewhere with me?

I smile and turn to Jeff, "Hey. You have Saturday off?"

He nods at me, not looking away from his laptop. "Yeah, I have to take my wife to visit family, so you're off, too."

I nod to myself and turn back around to respond, it seems you're right, Harry. where will you be taking me?

It's a surprise, honeybee :), is all I get in response.

i like surprises, I send in response. And then I have a thought. are you going to drive?

If you'd like me to.

i'd like you to. intrepid :)

Then, I'll drive, followed by a thumbs up emoji.

And just so you know, you're the most intrepid person I know. It's axiomatic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song: Talk to Me by ZAYN.

A/N: So, this was a short one but the next one will be longer.

That's what she said.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, pls leave comments, votes, etc! Love ya!

-J :)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

12.2K 277 13
Please remember to vote ! " Welcome To LightSpace. You've been staying here as long as you can remember. " " You Have Finally Woken Up AKUMU, Would...
629K 22.9K 97
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
19.9K 437 10
Josie Hemmings didn't have the best track record for relationships. Calum Hood wasn't one for relationships, period. But one night spent together wit...
467K 7.7K 82
No matter the circumstance, Harry and Hailey always seem to find a way back into one other's lives. "It'll always be you."