Growing up Again

Par star_crossed_lover_

Coping is the natural order of things.... But it all depends on how we cope.. With Ahsoka now on her own in t... Plus

Annoucement
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Annoucement
Announcement 2.0?

Chapter 1

859 32 39
Par star_crossed_lover_

5 months........

It really didn't seem that long.

But it felt like an eternity to Ahsoka.

5 months since she had seen her family.

She had to admit it wasn't awful being away from all the chaos that the new era of "peace" brought. With Palpatine now gone and the Senate without a leader. The government was thrown into chaos and instability. Ahsoka had heard that Padme had been elected to be the new Chancellor, but she had refused and the position was given to a more stable senator.

Duchess Satine of Mandalore.

Sure Ahsoka had her doubts but she honestly found it strangely ironic that Satine be the Chancellor and Obi Wan be elected as the new Grand Master of the Jedi order. Anakin and her had known about their "past" and the unresolved tension there.

The separatists now without leaders were weakened and ended. The droid army was no more and the separatists states were put under the protection of the "new order" by order of Satine. But the people had their complaints, complaining that the republic or "new order" had no right to claim their planets. Ahsoka had thought it was a bit uncanny that they had suddenly become a bit power hungry....but it was out of her control.

Ahsoka had found peace in a small town, it was free from the little rebellious group of people that had sprouted up in systems of the "new order". 

Alderaan.

It was a quiet planet that was populated enough to remain hidden, but not nearly as crowded as Coruscant. 

She had found a small job at a repair shop, where she mostly fixed what she liked to call "the most stupid mistakes". She had been thankful to grow up on a starship for most of her life. She would have been able to dismantle the entire Resolute then put it back together, but of course Anakin would have never let her. 

The job paid well enough for her to be able to rent an apartment on the edge of town. It was small but quaint. 

She had tried her best to keep to herself in the months alone. Deeming herself as "unsafe to the public" she tried her best to keep separated from people. And away from attachments.  

She took a deep breath in and cleared her throat.

"Sir it's as I told you. This is a repair shop, not a shipyard." Ahsoka said in a very much tired voice to the angry Quarran.

His tentacles moved with anger as he made a noise of disgust, turned away and stormed out.

Ahsoka merely shrugged and rolled her eyes as she went back to her work station.

She unscrewed the of a tank on the small farming machine she had been repairing earlier.

Her boss, a small Ugnaught they called Evian stood in the corner and chuckled.

"Still not a people person I see?" He said with a small laugh.

Evian was a kind man who they found, never said no. Ahsoka had been on the streets looking for a job before one was offered to her by Evian. He always told her he was open to talk to her if she needed, but the answer was always no when Ahsoka replied.

Ahsoka wiped the sweat off her forehead and leaned on the table.

"I told the guy twice." She said as she held up two fingers. 

"Did stripes here scare off another customer?" 

Ahsoka sighed.

"I already told Evian what happened Nyx. The guy was trying to buy one of the ships we were repairing!" Ahsoka said as she tried to prove her point.

"And I already said don't call me stripes it's Ahsoka, take it or leave it." Ahsoka said as she crossed her arms.

Nyx laughed and raised his hands in a fake defense as he turned around to get back to his work.

Ahsoka laughed softly and returned to the small machine she had been working on. 

Nyx, was a troubled case, well most of the people that worked in this shop were either at their lowest or were just plain kriffed up. Most people just stayed quiet and did their work. Ahsoka could tell that some of her coworkers were probably running from the law.

Then again she was too.

Nyx was always a bit different though. He had been raised on Correlia and grew up on the streets, his stories usually changed but for most of them he grew up, became a spice runner, then got into trouble with the Pikes, then ended up here. But he wore his troubled past like a medal on his chest. Although Ahsoka would never admit it, she was a bit envious of the man for being able to accept his past and tell it as a wonderful adventure.

Ahsoka shook her head and got back to work.

"Hey stripes!" Nyx called from his station across the room.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"Yes?" She asked in an aggravated tone.

Nyx laughed.

"Don't worry its a peace offering, a few of us were planning to go to the Cantina after our shifts today. Wanna join?" He asked in a cheery tone.

Ahsoka wondered in her head if she was even old enough to drink......then again she was almost 20 and no one even cared about ages.

Ahsoka shook her head.

"Thanks for the invite, but I already have plans." Ahsoka said with a small smile.

"Suit yourself stripes." Nyx said in a laid back tone as he shrugged his shoulders as he signed himself out and left Ahsoka alone in the small repair shop.

Ahsoka sighed as she watched the door close. 

She would admit she missed the thrill of a battlefield. Life was boring now, and anything other than an angry customer from time to time was the worst things that happened here.

Ahsoka put away her tools and picked up her bag.

Signing her name on the sign off list she opened the door.

"You alright?" The warm tone of Evian asked.

Ahsoka faked a quick smile and faced him.

"I'm great. Have a nice rest of your night." She said in a smooth tone as she gave a fake salute and walked out.

She walked down the streets and resisted the very strong urge to leap on top of the buildings and run there.

Ahsoka arrived in front of her complex and entered the building.

It had always smelt like something was dead or dying. The stench of death that Ahsoka just knew she was probably always causing.

Ahsoka entered her room and hung her bag on the side of the wall. She closed the door and turned on the slowly dying lights.

"Jeez this place is dreary." Ahsoka remembered saying to herself when she had first bought the place.

She walked over to her sink and washed her face, trying her best to get the dirt and grease off.

She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed.....

A red eyed, black striped, black veined monster stared back.

CAN WE SAYYYYYYY PTSD MY CHILDREN????

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

55.6K 947 12
Y/n left the Jedi Order at 19 to be with her family in Alderaan in hopes of a somewhat normal life, not wanting to be involved with the Clone Wars an...
26.6K 968 29
To be read as the second book in the Gray Jedi's Legacy series! ~-~-~-~-~-~-~ Everybody believed that their honored hero had become one with the Forc...
88.1K 2.4K 29
What if Anakin and Obi wan were the ones to find Ahsoka but it was at a later time? And what if they kept her? How would this change everything? Her...
7.4K 229 23
After leaving the Jedi Order, Ahsoka Tano is confused, alone, and distressed. She has just left behind the only life she's ever known, and for the fi...