♔ Krii7y Oneshots ♔ ON HIATUS

Per greykip

TEMPORARILY ON HIATUS This is a book full of Krii7y oneshots! - Updates every Tuesday!! - - I write fluff... Més

A Dip in the Moonlight
Netflix and Can I Kiss You?
Ghost Hunting!
Keep Quiet ♔ smut
My Darling Sailor Boy
Comfort and Comforters
Follow the Recipe
Infectious ♔ smut
Sunshine and Softness
Ringing Bloom ♔ hurt/comfort
Panic, Pizza Rolls, and Passion
Hoodie Thief
A Dress, A Party, A Love
I'll See You Tonight
Asshole
Tell Me What's Wrong ♔ hurt/comfort
Pretty Boy ♔ smut
Depression Room
Two Morons and a Shopping Cart
Steamy ♔ smut
Little Nightmares ♔ hurt/comfort
Cold Boi Hours
Ruin You ♔ smut
Absolutely Smitten
Postponed and Popcorn

Hidden in Plain Sight

799 28 10
Per greykip

thank you @the_d_ad for this idea

The Keyes Family Estate was frantic this evening. The house was bustling as Mr. and Mrs. Keyes planned this ridiculous masquerade ball. You see, the Keyes family was a very wealthy and high class family with an extremely high reputation. Recently, that reputation was put into question as news of an affair within the family was released to the public, which also revealed signs of a scandal. Mr. and Mrs. Keyes denied both accusations and have been trying desperately to rebuild the damage. So tonight they had planned to host a masquerade ball and invite a large sum of people, including a handful of lower class representatives. They wanted to push the idea that ‘money does not define class’ despite the fact that they did not believe this themselves. They just wanted to impress the public and gain back their favour.

Their son, John Keyes, was going to cater to the attendees in the first portion of the ball to further push the illusion that they believed they were equal. They figured if they flaunted their son’s gentlemanlike behaviours, the public view would rise. John, on the other hand, thought this was ridiculous. He could never understand their obsession with the public view, or why they couldn’t just do good for the sake of doing good. There was always something to gain with them.

As John sat on the red, velvet couch, his mother barked out orders to their staff. She grew aggravated with how ‘slowly’ they were working, despite the fact that she was giving five to six orders at a time and expecting them to complete each order as she gave them, disregarding the time it would take to complete the other tasks. It was infuriating. John wasn’t even allowed to help them. His father was livid when he saw John assisting their staff, yelling about how John needed to look and behave a certain way, especially since the ball was tonight. Claiming that John had no business involving himself in ‘lowly work,’ as he put it, and forbid John from assisting them. John found this ridiculous for more than one reason. For one, the amount of work being placed on their staff was crazy, and for two, his family will literally be having him do the service work for the first hour of the ball.

He huffed out a sigh as he sunk back into his seat, watching as everyone's frantic movements gave him a headache. His mother stopped in her tracks, her yelling ceased with her movements and her face crinkled into a scowl.

“Sit up straight, young man!” She snapped at his hunched posture. Her face grew red as her anger bubbled inside of her. “I cannot believe you would behave so crudely! I am putting so much time and effort and blah blah blah bla-” John began to tune her out. Looking straight at her as his mind drifted elsewhere. His eyes glossed over as the same fanciful idea popped into his head. About three days ago, when the ball was announced to him, his mind began to think of that ridiculous fairytale thought of finding your ‘one true love’ at a masquerade ball. It was foolish, he knew that much. Despite it, that is where his mind drifted in its attempts of granting him even an ounce of serotonin. 

The young man was ripped from his fantasy by his father’s hand colliding with the back of his head. “Are you even listening?” He barked as John rubbed the afflicted area.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” He rolled his eyes and stood up.

“Now go get dressed. We need you to be ready,” His mother hissed and he walked off. His annoyance level rose even higher than before, not only because he was pulled away from his daydream, but because his head now hurt even more than it had been. He grumbled as he made his way up the stairs and into his room, seeing that one of the staff members had laid out a plaid black and white tuxedo for him to wear. So dull. So boring. He ignored these thoughts and began to dress himself, peeved at the idea of the ball. He didn’t want to go. He didn’t want to deal with it all. 

John looked into his full length mirror, making minute adjustments to his suit. Making sure it fit well and looked nice. He stared at his reflection and grimaced. This hour was going to be hellish. He knew how people viewed his family. The upper class, the ones higher up than them, saw them as pathetic and lowly,  the equal upper class constantly butted heads with them to gain power, the middle class wanted to befriend them for money, and the lower class saw them as greedy and corrupt. He couldn’t argue or discredit them, knowing the state of his family, he just found it irritating that he was treated so poorly on the behalf of his family being shit.

John walked down the stairs, noticing that the number of staff in the house had tripled. John pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a deep sigh. He walked over to the ballroom, seeing how elegantly it was decorated. It really did look like a fairytale. John’s mother rested her hands on his shoulders and he turned his head to look at her.

“Looks nice, right?” She asked as if the previous events had not occurred at all. He brushed it off due to this being such a common thing and nodded in agreement.

“It’s pretty,” He smiled and she smiled back. It was nearly ready. “What time does it begin?”

“20 minutes, dear, be ready.” John nodded and she walked off. John figured he should pass the time by picking the outfit he was going to wear after catering to their guests. He wanted to be able to enjoy this party without the attendees breathing down his neck. 

♔♔

The ball began as his family opened with this long winded, elegantly formatted speech where they basically told the public that they’re very good people. What made it worse was how many people ate it up. They were giving his parents exactly what they wanted. It was putrid.

He was being dragged every which way by every one of the attendees, all desperate to grasp at the attention of a member of the Keyes family. John plastered on this fake, overly polite smile to appease the guests and to get his father to stop breathing down his neck wherever he went. He was watching him like a hawk, not allowing him to do anything. He was making sure John stayed attentive to each guest until his hour was up. Speaking of said hour, John was paying very close attention to the clock. Watching as it slowly ticked by. Each second bringing him closer and closer to liberation. Within the last five minute stretch, he began to feel elated. He was so excited to change and actually enjoy this party.

His eyes continue to dart back and forth from the clock to the guests, genuinely hoping that this would not be perceived as rude. If any of them had told his family that they believed he was being rude, he would not hear the end of it for weeks. They did not care if he was genuinely being rude or not, if the public perceives him as rude, then he obviously was. The only thing they ever care about is their image.

Eyes still glancing back at the clock. Tick tock tick. It almost felt like he was being mocked. He knew how ridiculous this sounded, but it felt as if time was passing so slowly. 2 minutes. Tick tock tick. He gave his sweetest, faulty, polite smile to the guests as he handed them their drinks. Tick tock tick. He served a cheese platter to the next guest accepting a handshake despite not having a clue who this man was supposed to be. Tick tock tick. 1 minute left. John cleared the tables and offered fresh wine and champagne to the attendees. He gave polite smiles and offered sweets. Tick tock tick. He glanced up at the clock. He was only moments away.

The ticking of the clock once provided a torture as he waited to be released from this faulty, picture perfect image his family was trying to push, but now it provided a sign of freedom. The second his hour ended, he ran upstairs and got dressed in this lovely royal blue tux with silver accents. He had a mask to match. He pulled his long brown hair down from the ridiculous high ponytail his family forced him to wear and brushed it all out. It was soft and fell about an inch or two below his jaw. He looked in the mirror, taking in his appearance. He felt more confident in this than he would ever feel in that plain, uninteresting suit.

John made his way back down the stairs and into the ballroom. With his mask on, nobody tried to speak to him or fish for his attention. He genuinely believed he may be able to enjoy this party. He walked around watching as the people interacted with one another. Each group was different. Some of them he could tell were friends for years, or at least had very strong chemistry. He could see the ones that were posing as friends for the sake of personal gain. He could see the awkward communication between the upper and lower class, which he found ridiculous. He could understand the lower class’s view of the upper class, a good majority of them were very selfish and definitely fit the category they placed them into. But the upper class viewing the lower class with such undeserved resentment? Simply hateful and classist. 

John caught the eye of a few attendees as he began to dance throughout the ballroom by himself. Catching the confused glances or scowling eyes as people expected him to behave a certain way, especially considering he was in the Keyes Family Residence. They expected him to act classy, to show respect to Mr. and Mrs. Keyes, but he couldn't care less. His family couldn't give less of a shit either. He knew why people were concerned though, with the reputation the Keyes family held, everyone was expected to be classy when in their presence, regardless of how connected you were to them. He genuinely found it amusing how none of them recognized him.

What was more amusing to him, was the irritated stares of old men. He loved making the rich old men angry, because when they do know it is him, they can't yell at him due to status. And if they yell at him now, he can just reveal himself. It is John's way of saying “fuck you” to the way they expect him to behave.

As John danced around, not quite paying attention to his surroundings, a boy in a red suit with gold accents and a matching mask accidentally walked into his path. The two collided with each other, quickly apologizing and unison.

“No worries,” John smiled at the smaller. With a slight glance of further inspection, John could tell the gold on his mask and suit were fake. He assumed the middle-working class. “Are you alright?” 

The other nodded. “Yes, I apologize-” he began.

“-I wasn’t looking where I was going,” They spoke in unison once more. Locking eyes and giggling a bit.

“What is your name?” The shorter man asked and John froze for a moment.

“Uuh, well…” He paused. “Call me Kryoz. What is your name?” John could see the exact same brief panic wash over the shorter man's face as he contemplated whether or not he should give him his real name.

“Call me Smitty,” He smiled and John nodded.

“Alright then, Smitty,” He reached out his hand, “Care to dance with me?” It would be a lie to say the question had not shocked the shorter man. I mean the two of them have just met, and on awkward circumstances to say the least. He looks down at John's outstretched arm before looking back up to his face and smiling.

“I’d love to.”

The two danced in circles spinning around and swaying and one another's arms. They were giggling and talking as they danced, thoroughly enjoying themselves. A disapproving glance getting tossed their way every so often, but it did not phase them. They had made their way a great distance across the ballroom winding up near the open doors leading to the courtyard. No one else was out there, but the two had decided to keep dancing, regardless of their path. They danced together underneath the stars. The navy blue sky was illuminated by tiny white specks of light, and as the boys danced together beneath them they felt hopeful and at peace. They made jokes to one another, laughing and giggling, pulling with other clothes and enjoying the company.

John laced his fingers with the smaller man's, pulling him close. They were face-to-face at this point, and their movements have ceased momentarily. Their eyes locked as they continue to dance, their movements slow and fluid. It was clear that John was more experienced than the other, but that did not bother him.

“Your eyes are beautiful,” Smitty spoke softly. John had not expected this. Compliments were not a common thing in his household, so his cheeks flushed deeply. Thankfully for him, the majority of that flush was hidden by his mask, but the tips of his ears gave him away. Smitty smiled at him, unaware that a simple compliment would make him go so red.

“Oh, thank you.” John looked away from him, the eye contact made him feel more flustered than before. I mean, he knew this was coming, at least sort of. You could feel the chemistry that flowed between them, and he truly hoped that Smitty felt the same.

“Of course, Kryoz.” Their dancing ceased.

“Come sit with me,” John offered and gestured to the benches. Smitty agreed and the two took a seat side-by-side in the courtyard. They glanced up at the stars, taking it all in. It was beautiful out here. With the lack of pollution in the air, the sky was very clear, and they could see hundreds of stars. Without a second thought, John began naming them. He pointed up to the sky with a smile. 

“That one is Orion's Belt,” he smiled softly. “ and there's the Little Dipper... and the Big Dipper!” Smitty watched as he ranted about the stars in the constellations, watching at his face contorted with glee. “And up there, that's Leo. That is my star sign... What's yours?”

“My star sign? Taurus, I believe,” Smitty answered and John smiled. Unbeknownst to Smitty, John has made that a mental note. He was really beginning to enjoy his time here with him. 

“Smitty,”

“Yes, Kryoz?”

“The night is coming to an end, and soon enough so will the party. I guess I'm just wondering, will we ever see each other again?”

Smitty paused for a moment. “Would you like to?”

“Yes, I really would.” he began to think it through. He too was having a very wonderful night, and he didn't want all of that to just disappear. So the shorter brunette had devised the plan.

“Alright, I have an idea,” he began, “Since we both want to see each other again, but neither of us know each other's names yet, let's plan a place to meet, masks on at least for a little bit, until we're both comfortable. We can plan a day and meet each other there, how does that sound?”

“That sounds wonderful to me, my dear,” John smiled brightly and Smitty laughed a bit.

“Do you know the park roughly a block away from here?” 

“I do,” John nodded.

“Let’s meet there, okay? At midnight?”

“How mysterious,” John chuckled. “Which day?”

“Sundays?” John nodded.

“Sundays sound perfect,” The two smiled at one another, slowly leaning in. Their lips pressed together gently, so tender and loving. They pulled apart slowly, both lingering in the kiss, before they locked eyes once more. The loud echo of Mrs. Keyes' voice flooded out to them as she began giving the final speech and sending everyone home. John turned to Smitty and smiled softly. “I’ll see you on Sunday,” He spoke and pecked another soft kiss on his lips before running off.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

75.1K 811 29
Just a bunch of random on the spot ideas of the Misfits , put into words and sometimes videos or pictures. (Don't get on me for mistakes and cringe...
16.1K 512 31
This is a collection of Phan oneshots. There is no smut or swearing in any of the chapters, so I'm sorry if that's what you were looking for. ^-^ Enj...
*DNF oneshots* Per soul_crusher

Literatura romàntica

18.3K 142 36
Started 11/4/2021 Completed 31/10/2021 Weather it killing kids or screwing in a church dream and george love eachother. So i hope i can share the stu...
41.1K 1.7K 96
The title explains the majority of what this book thing is gonna be. Most of the one-shots are gonna be mostly descriptions of things, with not much...