The Night That Changed Everyt...

ChelciaGordon által

We've all made mistakes before, right? But when Kayla Stewart makes the drunken mistake of falling into the b... Több

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!
IMPORTANT QUESTION - PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE
I needed to explain a couple of things to you, please read (Essential)
News: UPDATE
Chapter Fourty
Chapter 41
Happy New Year - I'm back!

Chapter Twenty

40.5K 864 58
ChelciaGordon által

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Firstly, sorry for taking a while to upload this, I've been very busy. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment and notify me of any errors if you find any!

Chelcia xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla: 21 weeks pregnant

The sun gently glimmers, slowly hiding away beneath the arousing stars and into the night. I continue my journey from my first pregnancy class, a warm smile looming on my face as it’s a relief to be surrounded by pregnant women who are going through the exact same thing as me.

As I’m strolling through the silent streets, I hear faint footsteps in the distance. I turn around, only to see a pigeon pecking at a half eaten bread roll on the floor. I burrow my brows in confusion, I’m sure that there was somebody walking behind me? I shake my head and continue my journey home, retrieving my phone from my bag and reading my emails.

There is a fairly old lady sweeping away the dirt from outside of her store, preparing to close up as she silently hums to herself. I pause outside of the shop window, gazing inside at the various baby clothes and toys. “Those are cute,” I smile, pointing at the sky blue crocheted shoes on display.

She looks up at me and then to the shoes, “They are,” she smiles. She then looks at my stomach, “Are you expecting a little boy?” she asks.

I nod, smiling as I reply, “Yeah, I am. How much are they?”

“They’re fifteen dollars,” she explains, “Would you like them now?”

“It’s okay; I can see that you’re closing up now. I can come back tomorrow,” I say.

“Oh don’t worry sweetie,” she says, “Come on in.”

I follow her inside of the store, letting out an awe as my eye catches a knitted brown hat with two googly eyes on the front. “Do you make all of these?” I ask as I pick up the hat, running my fingers over the soft material.

She nods, “Apart from the toys, I get them shipped in,” she explains. As she’s retrieving the shoes from the back, I explore the store, looking at all of the different incredibly cute items.

She then returns, smiling as she says, “Here they are, I’ve only got one left and that’s size zero to three months.”

“That’s perfect,” I smile, retrieving twenty dollars from my purse.

She neatly wraps the shoes in blue tissue paper before tying it in a white bow and placing it in a bag. “Here you go darling, that’s fifteen dollars.”

I smile gratefully, “Thank you so much,” I say as I place the money in her hands.

“So how many months are you?” she asks as she cashes away the money, handing me back my change.

“Twenty one weeks today,” I smile.

“Well congratulations sweetie and please do stop by another time,” she says, smiling. I thank her and make my way outside, continuing my journey to Tara’s Café where Damion will be joining me for dinner.

Five minutes later, as I’m silently walking through the streets, I can’t help but feel the presence of someone lurking behind me. Suddenly, feeling rather frightened, I being to speed up, deciding not to look back. I hear the footsteps draw nearer and abruptly turn around, only to see no one there.

I hastily dial in Damion’s number, bringing the phone to my ear as I hurriedly cross the road. He fails to answer, only leaving me to become more afraid as I scurry along the silent lane, trying to disregard the thought that somebody is following me. 

I let out a relieved sigh as I enter into the café, smiling as I lay my eyes on the guy sitting alone in a corner with combed back blonde hair. He then smiles as a slim man with shoulder length, black hair walks up to him, throwing his silky white scarf across his neck as he plants a kiss on his lips. My eyes widen in horror, leading my mouth to slightly hang open as I fix my eyes on the homosexual couple. After realising that it’s not Damion, I silently chuckle to myself as I make my way to the counter.

“Hey there,” the young waitress says, “How can I help?”

“Hi,” I smile, “Can I have a table for two please? My partner will be joining me in a little while,” I inform as I read Damion’s text that says he’s running late.

“Yeah sure,” she says, “That’s fine.” After being led to an empty table for two and ordering a drink, I gaze outside of the window, waiting for Damion to arrive.

After minutes of waiting, which seems to feel like hours, I can’t help but begin to get impatient. I text Damion, ‘This is no way to keep a pregnant, hungry lady waiting x’. As I’m clicking send, someone walks up behind me before clearing their throat.

Expecting it to be Damion, I turn around, beginning to say, “I thought you-”. My eyes widen in shock, my face falling as my eyes meet the tall figure in front of me, Derek.

His usually hair free jaw is pricked with hairs of a forming stubble and his light brown eyes darken as they stare into mine. My heart rapidly beats, skipping beats whilst I slowly open my mouth, fumbling for words as I gaze into his mystifying eyes, desperately trying to read them.

After seeing the dazed expression on my face, he raises his eyebrow as a soft smile lingers on his face, though quickly hidden. I then close my mouth and nervously gulp before asking, “What are you doing here Derek?” in a raspy, barely audible voice.

He ignores my question and places his hands in his pockets before asking, “Can I have a seat?”

I glance at the seat opposite of me and then return my gaze to him, biting my lips as I let out a sigh in thought. “Sorry...” I say as I avoid eye contact, “My boyfriends going to be sitting there.”

Derek snarls as he lets out a laugh, “And what makes you think that I care?” he asks as he brusquely sits down on the chair, drawing it closer.

“What do you want?” I ask, rolling my eyes as I gaze at the door, desperately wanting Damion to be the next person that walks in.

With his eyes still firmly locked onto me, he places his elbows on the table, cupping his head into his hands. Yet again ignoring my question, he asks, “How are you?”

“Fine,” I reply.

“Great, you look amazing,” he says.

“Thank you,” I say, avoiding eye contact with him as I gently rub my stomach.

Derek’s pauses and looks to my stomach before asking, “What are you having?”

“A boy.”

“I’m happy for you,” he confesses. He gazes at me, awaiting my response, but I instead bring my glass of orange juice to my lips, desperately trying to avoid any further conversation.

He pauses, silently playing with his fingers whilst he gazes outside of the window. “So how long are we going to keep at this game of pretending that we hate each other?” he asks.

“Who said we’re playing a game?” I ask, finally sharing eye contact with him as I slowly raise my eyebrow.

He lets out a laugh, staring firmly into my eyes as if he’s trying to read them, “Ouch,” he winces, slightly grinning. “So where is this boyfriend of yours?” he asks, “I’ve been watching you sit by yourself for what, fifteen minutes now?”

“You’ve been watching me?” I ask whilst slowly shaking my head and staring at him in dismay, “And if you must know, he’s on his way now, in fact he’ll be here any second so if I was you I would leave.”

“I’m not going anywhere,” he states, “I want to meet this douche that knocked up my girlfriend,” he says as he leans back into his chair, crossing his arms and glaring at me.

I glance over my shoulder at the people behind me before drawing my face closer to his, “Look, I was not your girlfriend at the time, he did not knock me up and if I was you I would leave right now,” I say in an infuriated lowered voice

He raises his eyebrow as a smirk spreads across his face. He leans forwards, his lips centimetres away from mine as his brown eyes lock into mine, “What would you do if I kissed you right now?” he asks. I suddenly bolt upright, clearing my throat as I swipe a strand of hair behind my ear as my cheeks brighten.

“I would punch you right in the face,” a voice interrupts.  

 I look up, letting out a sigh as the corner of my lips turn upright as my eyes meet Damion’s. He throws an apologetic smile at me before returning his gaze back to Derek, his eyes deepening as his brows clench in annoyance. Derek lets out a laugh, leaning back in his chair and placing his hands behind his head before asking, “And who is this?”

“The question should be who are you?” Damion asks, his eyebrow slightly rising, “And what are you doing sitting with my girlfriend?”

Derek’s face falls, his expression gradually turning into a scowl as his eyes shoots daggers at Damion whilst slowly looking him up and down. “Well I had to keep her company since her so called boyfriend stood her up,” he smirks.

I stand up, retrieving my bag from off the floor as I ask, “Damion, why don’t we just go someplace else?” after seeing the angered expression looming on Damion’s face, his nostrils flaring, his eyes turning into slits as the fix onto Derek’s mischievous, smirking face.

“Yeah, why don’t you and your little boyfriend run along home,” Derek says as he retrieves a cigarette from his pocket, ignoring the no smoking sign planted on the wall as he rummages for a lighter in his pocket.

“No...” Damion says, his head slowly shaking as he says, “Babe, we’re not leaving because of this stupid Jerk.”

Derek’s attention diverts to him, his brows forming into a frown, his hands curling into fists as he slowly stands up, bringing his face centimetres away from Damion’s before murmuring something into his ear with a smug look planted on his face

Damion’s eyes widen as they pierce into Derek’s and within the blink of an eye Damion sends his fist driving into Derek’s ribs, leading him to let out grunt in torment as he staggers backwards. I let out a cry, bringing my hands to my mouth as I watch Derek blast his fist into the side of Damion’s head, allowing a trail of blood to trickle down his face.  Everyone lets out a scream as the two men battle, their eyes widening in horror as Damion hurls Derek onto the floor, crashing through the tables.

“Stop!” I cry, streams of tears gushing down my face as I rush towards the warfare, only to suddenly be hauled back by a stern faced woman. Two men rush from their tables and entangle themselves between the brawl, hauling Damion and Derek apart from each other.

Derek and Damion are held at opposite sides of the room, breathlessly panting as they glare at each other, rage firing through their eyes. The corner of Derek’s bruised lips turn into a self satisfied smirk as he tugs his shoulders, breaking free from the man’s arms and exiting the café.  The café falls to a deadly silence as all eyes turn to Damion and I. I stand still; my eyes drowning in tears as I watch the waiters and waitresses rush towards Damion.

The next twenty minutes happens in a blur. After having his head cleaned up by the owner of the café, who happens to be his mother’s sister, he walks towards me. He comes and takes a seat next to me, but I turn my back towards him. “I’m so sorry Kayla,” he says.

My eyes begin to fill with tears as I say, “I don’t know whether to be angry at you or what.”

“I know, I’m sorry,” he says as he brushes a kiss on my forehead, leading me to lay against his chest, “I shouldn’t have let him get to me.”

“He’s just a...” I pause, thinking of the worst word to describe my ex boyfriend but instead let out a sigh. “Are you okay baby?” I ask as I sit upright, examining the blow to his head. He slightly winces as I touch the red area of his head with the tip of my fingers, before brushing a kiss on it. “Is it better?”

“Much better,” he smiles.

“So much for having a nice dinner together,” I say, letting out a sigh.

“I know, I’m sorry,” he says, “It’s my fault.”

I shake my head, “No it’s not, this wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for Derek being the idiot that he is.”

“I seriously don’t understand how you were with that guy for two years,” Damion says.

I rest my head back on his shoulder, letting out a sigh as I say, “I seriously don’t know either,” I pause, “He was different then; I don’t even know who he is anymore.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My ending wasn't that great but I hope you still enjoyed it. Please comment to tell me what you think and if you haven't voted already then please vote. Thank you so much for reading <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

153K 1.4K 17
***AKA PREGNANT WITH THE ALPHA'S BABY, BUT I'M DATING THE BETA??? HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?*** Tori's dating the beta Ron, but when he goes away she find...
556K 19.6K 27
I've found a reason for me To change who I used to be A reason to start over new And the reason is you Eighteen Faith Miller is your average teenage...
659 54 16
Lucas has been having a few issues lately: he fell hard for his boss and there isn't any coming back up. He's trying his hardest to work out his emot...
20.8K 1K 55
Theodetia Hamilton has finally decided to give herself into commitment, to give herself a chance to relationship, so since that is the case, she deci...