It happened over whiskey

De harshitabajaj_239

Love happens in the most unexpected situation with the most unexpected person. No one can agree to this more... Mai multe

|CAST|
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 8

369 21 3
De harshitabajaj_239

Ryan’s POV:

Just then the manager came to meet me along with two others who I assumed were also managers but worked at a different time. I got up from my seat to greet them while the manager who I already knew blabbered to them about how they have such nice services that even the state's millionaire pays a visit to their bar.

I wanted to tell him to shut up and leave me alone but being a renowned personality refrains you from that right as a good public image is very important at certain times. Just then there was a small tap on my shoulder that caused me to turn around towards the bar counter.

“Ethan told me that he is here. I mean why is he even trying to make me laugh at something that isn’t even worth a smile. I hate his pathetic jokes honestly”, she said without even looking at me. My breath hitched in my throat to see how beautiful she was looking.

Yes! Beautiful. That is the most precise word to describe her.

Not hot, not sexy. Just beautiful.

She was wearing a plain red dress that reached till her thighs along with a black leather jacket. She had paired it with black stockings and ankle length shoes of the same colour.

But it wasn’t the dress that made her look so pretty, it was the beauty that she herself was. She was chewing on some gum while cleaning the glasses in her hand.

I fake coughed to get her attention while resting my elbows on the counter. As soon as she saw at me, her mouth remained wide open as if she saw a zombie in front of her.

Well correction. A handsome zombie.

I smiled at her but she didn’t budge from her place. I snapped my fingers in front of her face to bring her back to the living from whatever fairyland she had dispersed into but she still didn’t move.

“Hey Amber!”, I said while looking at her to atleast get some response. Yes! I expected her to be surprised but I wasn’t really planning to get her made into a wax model as soon as she saw me.

Just then she brought her palm to my face and for a second I literally thought that she was going to slap me but indeed she poked me in the cheek with her index finger. As soon as she felt my touch against her fingers, she covered her face while jumping up and down which caused me to tilt back a little from my position.

“Oh my god! Oh my god! You are really here”, Amber said while still peeking out from the space between her fingers to make sure that the reality isn’t playing pee-ka-boo with her. I just couldn’t stop laughing at her reaction.

I took both her hands in mine and while keeping my eyes on hers I said softly just for her to listen, “Hey beautiful. I am here!” She looked at me again with the eyes that held the entire universe painted in the brightest shades of orange and smiled a little at me.

She then took my hand before coming in front of the counter and almost dragged me outside the bar. As soon as we reached outside she asked excitedly, “Are you seriously here? This isn’t a dream right?”

I just smiled at her before saying, “Yes. In flesh and blood.” “But how is it possible that you are here when you told me that you were going to be in Paris?”, she asked while looking anywhere but me.

I didn’t know what to say to her then. I didn’t want to sound like some creep who cancelled all his meetings and came all the way back to New York just to see her smile this big.

“Umm…we got done a day earlier and so I am back in New York”, I said while scratching the back of my head. “Ohh! I am happy that you are here. And I was literally thinking that Ethan was lying to me about you being here. He deserves an apology as I literally bursted at him for being an ass to me regarding such a thing”, Amber said while brushing the hair from her face that were brought upon by the mischievous November breeze.

How can she look so beautiful even without loads of makeup plastered on her face? She is actually different than most of the girls of her age who don’t leave their home without basic makeup put on.

“Is Ethan your boyfriend?”, I asked her while I looked for any expressions that could tell me beforehand as to what her answer would be. She just started laughing to an extent where I could see tears forming in her eyes and I just felt stupid for asking her this but I was still interested to know the answer and also the reason why she found my question so funny.

“Okay enough with the laughing”, I said sounding irritated. She sensed it in my voice and said almost immediately while bringing her expressions back to normal.

I hated myself for behaving like this all of a sudden but I couldn’t keep the anxiety that arised from that question buried in my chest anymore. “No. Ethan is my bestfriend”, she said softly.

“Oh! And why did you laugh as if it was a joke?”, I asked her again. “Because Ethan is gay, so not possible, like ever. And also just thinking about it makes me want to puke”, she said with a disgusted look on her face.

I was quite satisfied with her answer. “Do you have a boyfriend?”, I asked her almost suddenly and I could see that she was taken aback a bit about being asked such a personal thing so bluntly.

“No”, she said while looking at her own shoes. I just nodded in understanding.

If I am being honest here then I somewhere didn’t want her to be in a relationship with anyone. Because that would mean that she can’t hang out with me that freely, in a way I would want us to, in the future.

“Let’s go inside”, she asked, more than said to me. “Hand in Hand?”, I asked her with an amused look on my face.

“What?”, she asked me in a confused tone. I didn’t answer her but in its place I raised our entwined hands to her level and this caused her to immediately pull her hand from mine.

She was holding my hand since we left the bar and by looking at her face I could make out that she was so embarrassed about it. I just laughed aloud only to see her blushing before she made her way inside leaving me alone.

When I went inside again I saw her saying something in Ethan’s ear after which they both started laughing. I went towards the counter while taking the bouquet in my hand and gave it to her.

“Is this for me?”, she asked me while inspecting the lilies under her touch. “No. It is for Ethan”, I murmured but loud enough for both of them to hear.

Ethan blushed at my words and this caused me to shift uncomfortably in my seat. “They are beautiful”, Amber said while keeping them under the counter.

“Just like you”, I said in a whisper. She looked at me while raising her eyebrow and said, “Did you say something?”

“Glad”, I said aloud with a huge grin plastered on my face. Just then the karaoke started and I could see a college couple making their way on the make shift stage that they had arranged for tonight.

Amber clapped excitedly and this caused me to smile. She still had a whole lot of innocence in her and an ability to get happy about the smallest of things and I really appreciate that about her.

I can be real with her and still be happy. After two more rounds of Karaoke being performed by some other people, she asked me almost in a doubt, “Will you like to sing along?”

I gulped the glass of whiskey that was in my hand and said, “Why not!” She turned around to look at Ethan who just winked at her and before removing her apron she told me, “You decide the song.”

She finally looked at me when I stood there deep in thought. “Let me guess. You don’t know many songs”, she said while resting her hands on her hips.

I just nodded in acknowledgement. I should have listened to some songs when Khloe played them in my car back when we had just fallen in love but I just used to plug in my ear plugs and groan at her dancing to the music.

“Okay. No issues. My knowledge of every existing song will help us today”, she said, clearly proud of her playlist. I stood there while she went to the guy who was managing the music system and minutes later she joined me while handing me a mic and said, “Ready?”

I gave her a confident look and said, “As ready as I could ever be.” We went on the stage and just then the music started playing.

I recognized the song immediately as it was the one that I had danced on at my prom. “Cheerleader?”, I said her while raising an eyebrow.

She nodded her head fiercely at my question. We started singing in harmony to the music and did short dances in between.

Amber is real good at Karaoke as well. I wonder what all hidden talents this girl in front of me possessed.

I felt so lively and liberated when I saw her singing along without a care in the world. She was in her own sweet fairyland, completely enjoying the moment and being with her made me realize what all I was actually missing on in life.

She winked at me twice during the session and it just made me chuckle loudly. I could see Ethan swaying his hands in the air while smiling at the craziness of his best friend.

The crowd went bonkers when they realized who I was. All thanks to the stupid manager who showed my picture on the big screen along with the words ‘The Millionaire on the dance floor today’

I knew that it would attract a lot of media attention and also Amber will certainly face a problem because she has been seen with me. Before things could turn any more worse, I took her hand in mine and dragged her out of the bar with me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello lovelies! Back with another interesting update. Let me tell you one thing in advance to bubble up all your excitement again. Thanksgiving isn't over yet, infact the night has just begun. My next update will be on Sunday. Do let me know in the comments section if you'll have any queries related to the story. Thankyou for supporting! Do not forget to vote for my story and do share it with your friends and family❤

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

163K 3.2K 56
The captain of our soccer team, Xavi Parker, a beautiful, young, athletic boy. The college girls were obsessed over him and his boys. The boys were j...
38.1K 1.7K 42
After a messy breakup Amelia decided to move to France along with her parents,with a lesson that never fall in love again but her parents decided to...
160 23 21
When my childhood best friend, highSchool sweetheart, my college dreamboat, my soulmate and love of my life. Up and left me five years ago, without e...
70 0 8
Note : If you're not into gpreader who makes the wrong decisions. Don't read this. Save yourself from stress. This is ocreader so if you Don't like t...