Abandoned

De NoraGrande

"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter 1: Losing it
Chapter 2: Afterwards
Chapter 3: Two Weeks Later
Chapter 4: Meeting Chris Again
Chapter 5: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Relationship Dramas
Chapter 8: Bad Signs
Chapter 9: Rejected
Chapter 10: Loss
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 1)
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 2)
Chapter 12: Flashbacks
Chapter 13: Goodbye Loved Ones
Chapter 14: Depression
Chapter 16: "Mom..."
Chapter 17: Stuck
Chapter 18: Confess
Chapter 19: Unnoticed
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Such a Spender
Chapter 22: 'Unforced' Kisses
Chapter 23: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 24: New Life
Chapter 25: Dinner Reservation
Chapter 26: Separated
Chapter 27: Secret Plan
Chapter 28: Couldn't Let You Go
Chapter 29: Reconnecting
Chapter 30: Welcome Home
Chapter 31: One Night Only
Chapter 32: Twins
Chapter 33: One Week Suspension
Chapter 34: Back to School
Chapter 35: A Day Before Prom
Chapter 36: You're Leaving?
Chapter 37: No Time Left
AUTHOR'S NOTE
HAPPY ENDING + EPILOGUE
SAD ENDING + EPILOGUE
A Spin-Off Book Related to Abandoned
Extra Chapter: Christmas' Special

Chapter 15: Back to Normal?

26.8K 560 46
De NoraGrande

-Melissa's POV-

My alarm clock noisily blasted the room. I growled and buried my face at my pillow while my hand struggling to stop the loud alarm clock. Once my hand found my alarm clock, I quickly threw it to the wall, leaving it scatter in million pieces on the floor. My eyes slowly opened and stared at the ceiling for a few seconds before turning to see whether Chris is still beside me.

Nope. He is not there.

I groaned again, feeling lazy to sit up. I managed to sit up and started to fix my messy bed hair, turning it into a ponytail. I looked myself at the wall mirror. I was wearing an oversized t-shirt and nothing else. Just that shirt. My injured wrist also already being fixed and nicely bandaged. I guessed Chris did this before going downstairs and do his routine. I rubbed my eyes and stood up, opening the door to go downstairs and search for Chris.

I decided to go to his home office first since he's always there. And I was right. He is there. But instead of working, he is sleeping. How long has he been up? I sighed and looked at the sleeping figure of Chris. There's a cute frown plastered on his face. He is also snoring softly. He must be really tired after working so hard for his huge project that he supposed to go. But because of my stupid carelessness, he came back and postponed everything. His right hand still holding onto his iPhone.

I sighed and slowly shook his shoulders to wake him up. He groaned and went back to sleep. I then started to call his name while shaking his shoulder more vigorously this time.

"Chris, wake up!" I demanded. His eyes didn't fully opened. He looked at me with Asian eyes. I quietly laughed at his lullaby expression.

"Sleep upstairs. You can continue working later." I advised him. He just stood up and dragged his feet to our bedroom. It's such a torture to see him dragging himself on limply. But I couldn't do anything. He's working hard so that it's enough for the both of us, or should I say... Three of us, to live.

When he disappeared, I neatly arranged his office table. I gathered his document papers and put it at the side. But then, something stopped me cleaning up. A photo frame that has a picture of us inside. Our wedding photo of us right after we did our vows - the kiss under rain. I shamelessly smiled to myself. I will never forget that wonderful moment. The photo frame is pretty cute though. It was decorated with bunch of hearts all around it.

I physically shook my head, wiping my daydreaming away. I quickly cleaned up Chris' home office and went out, to the kitchen. I could already feel my stomach twisting and turning in agony. I quickly went to the cabinet, hoping there's cereal. Luckily there is. I poured some on my serving bowl and went to the fridge to get some milk. I grabbed a carton and poured it onto my bowl.

Suddenly, my phone that I put on the bar counter rang. I sighed. Why does everyone always distract me when I was about to take the first bite? Doesn't want the caller to wait, I quickly grabbed my phone and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello." I answered.

"Oh my god, Melissa. You really have to come to school today." Olivia excitedly told the reason why she call me without saying, at least a 'hi'.

"My morning is good. What about yours?" I sarcastically replied her.

"Mel, I'm serious! Come to school as the fat ass is going to tell the school upcoming activities for the seniors. Which is us!" She blurted out, leaving my right ear deaf temporarily. The fat ass is actually a nickname that both of us created to refer to the school principal. Why? Because he keep on giving us detention even though it's not our fault.

"Alright, alright. I'll come to school. See you later, bitch." I quickly hung up before she scolded me for calling her a bitch. I put my phone on the dining table and gobbled up my breakfast. I don't know why today I'm so famished. Probably because of yesterday as I barely eat anything.

After I had my breakfast, I went upstairs to have a quick shower as I only have half an hour to get myself ready. Once I reached the bathroom, I quickly strip down and opened the tap, letting the hot water pour and touched my skin. It feel so good as if it cure the ache on my left shoulder. But the time stopped me from admiring how the hot water can cure my ache. I took a power shower and cleaned myself up with a towel.

Now, for the clothes. I slowly opened the closet door to prevent Chris waking up. I turned on the light at the closet room. I just stood there, thinking what to wear. I decided to wear a long-sleeved shirt to cover my injured wrist as I don't want anyone to keep on asking me what's wrong with my wrist. I took a quick glance at the clock. It's already 8:15am. Another fifteen minutes to dress up. School gonna start at nine. And it took half an hour to travel there. I sighed and just took any simple clothes to wear.

I decided to wear a plain, white long-sleeved shirt and black skinny jeans to match with it. I then also took a denim vest so that I don't look so simple. For accessories, I took a floral scarf and wrapped it around my neck. As for shoes, I wear a black, spiky combat ankle boots to finish off the outfit. For hair, I just decided to do a simple braided ponytail. Without further ado, after the final touch up, I went out of the closet room and wrote a note for Chris to tell him that I'm going to school.

I grabbed my backpack and opened the front door. I then pressed the elevator button, leading to the basement garage. I took any key on the cabinet beside our private garage and press the unlock button to the car. It turned out to be Chris' Lamborghini that I took with him when we went for DNA test to make sure that the child is his. But now it's gone... It's all my fault. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to forget everything and act normally. I sighed. I hope that today is full of good news for me.

*Chris' POV*

"don't be shocked if you can't see me at home because I'm schooling. See you later :* - Melissa."

God, this girl. Doesn't she understand the meaning of not going to school until you give birth to my child? I sighed. To be honest, Melissa always give me problems. I crumbled the note she gave me and threw it at the dustbin beside the bedside table.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. But just a little bit. Since I've been staying up all night, I'm still feeling sleepy even though I woke up later than the usual timing. So to keep myself awake, I decided to take a shower before I continue to work at my home office.

As I was about to go into the bathroom, the doorbell rang. I groaned. Why? Why does everyone always distract me? I furrowed my eyebrows and also clenched my fist while going downstairs to answer the door.

"Wait, I'm coming!" I shouted as the doorbell keep on ringing. Argh, can this people wait? I quickly opened the door and was greeted by my parents. I just rolled my eyes and closed the door, but Will stopped me. I sighed and rudely asked them why they are here.

"Why? Why are you here? If you're here to say rude things about Melissa again then you better leave." I retorted, doesn't even bother looking at them when I said that. It took a few seconds to hear an answer from them. I waited... My mom cleared her throat.

"We, we are here to apologize. I feel that saying all that to Melissa is wrong. I thought when she's with you, you are always unhappy but I was wrong. I was mad at her because I thought that she makes you stressful and everything. Please, my son, forgive me. Forgive us." She begged. It took me a while to actually believe that she really meant it. But then, my anger come back as if it doesn't allow me to forgive her. So instead, I fight her back.

"That's bullshit, mom. You just say that so you can have me but I know deep down in your heart that you only want me but not Melissa. So, now ju-"

"Listen to your mother, Christopher." Will interrupted. He glared at me while embracing my mom that has been crying after I rudely said that at her. Both of us have a short staring contest before I break the contact. I evilly smirked and crossed my arms over my chest while leaning my back against the door.

"Fine, go ahead... Talk. I listen. Try to make me forgive you." I said proudly, putting my head up high. My mom then looked at me. Her makeup were all smudged after all that crying. She then started to speak after wiping away her dry tears.

"Please, please forgive us. I'm sorry that I say that to Melissa. I'm sorry that I hurt her feelings. And I'm sorry that I just make your life miserable after being disrespectful to your wife. Now I accepted Melissa to the family. Even, even your child. I really can't wait to see my grandchild." She begged. She was on her knees, looking at me straight in the eye. I studied her eyes carefully. All of that, she really meant it. She really accept Melissa to the family. But one thing that made me hitched my breath - your child. I held my head down, trying to hold back my anger and sadness. I then looked back at my mother.

"I forgive you mom... And Will, even though I still hate you. You can accept her but..." I trailed off, too scared to tell that my child is no longer alive. I closed my eyes and sighed sadly. I opened my eyes and saw a concern look on my mom's face. She then moved closer to me and placed her hand on my cheek.

"But what, my son?"

"My, my child... is no longer here. In this world." I looked down, feeling depressed. I don't blame Melissa though, because originally it is my fault. If I didn't litter in our bedroom, she shouldn't have to clean the mess I make. I put all the blame to me, and I feel bad about it. Real bad.

"What? How?" Her eyes widened after she heard the sudden news. I could even feel her heart beating wildly against her chest. She must be shocked as she's not be able to be a grandmother to any child.

I couldn't even tell her what had happened because I'm not there. I just kept quiet, refused to explain how it happen because if I do, I would feel rage inside me and start doing stupid things like drinking and such. Luckily my mom understands me. She moved in closer and gave me a tight hug, rubbing my back up and down to calm me down. I like this. It's been so long since I hugged her. I don't know why but out of the blue, a tear rolled down my cheek. I heaved a sigh. I guess I'm just happy that me and my mom are back to normal.

-Melissa's POV-

It took me a few minutes to reach my school. Right after I get out of Chris' car that I borrowed, I was already greeted by the twins - Oliver and Olivia, who are standing right in front of me. They have a huge grin plastered on their face. Why are they so happy? It's just maybe an announcement from that fat-ass. Before I could say 'hi', Olivia already grabbed me by my injured wrist and lead me down the school hallway to the school hall. I shrieked in pain and that made Olivia stopped her tracks. She looked at me, wondering what's wrong. I just shook my head and pretend everything is fine. She then gave me the don't-lie-to-me look. I sighed and pull up my sleeve, showing my bandaged wrist.

Her face was priceless. Her face was pale as if she just killed someone. She then started to blubbering many sorry-s at me. I just laughed and continued walking towards the hall. While we're walking down the hallway, Olivia keep on asking about my wrist.

"How does this happen?" She asked, while texting on her cellphone.

"Oh, you know me... Being clumsy and shit. I accidentally cut myself with broken glass when washing the dishes." I lied. I try to keep a straight face so that Olivia doesn't suspect anything. She then looked at me and just shrugged. I let out a sigh, showing that luckily she didn't ask me more questions about my wrist.

After talking nonsense, we finally reached the hall. Olivia dragged me down to the middle seat and pushed me down to the seat. I was plunged to the seat and looked at her in annoyance. She then muttered, "sorry" and then took a seat beside me. I didn't even realized that Oliver has been following us all along. He took a seat beside his twin sister and start to pack his electronic stuffs into his bag.

Since both of them are ignoring them by doing their own work, I took out my storybook and start reading it while waiting the principal to arrive. Yes, I'm still a bookworm. My favourite book genre really have to be romance, because it brings the emotions to us as if the characters are real. So far, my favourite romance storybook is 'If I Stay'. I read the book twice and I know half of the book very well.

As I was too engrossed to the book I'm reading, I didn't even realized that there's someone sitting beside me. Then, that someone started talking to me. That voice. I know who he is. I turned my attention to him. There's a sexy smirk that he always did when we are together. And that smirk always make girls fall for him.

"Interesting book you have there, nerd." James started the conversation. He used to call me that the very first time we met as we hated each other that time. But hey, fighting can lead to love a'ight?

"Hmph. Nice to meet you too, jerk." I fight back but gave him a smile afterwards. He laughed and took the book away from my hands. He then held up high, making me impossible to snatch it back from him.

"Dude, not cool. Give it back!" I demanded while getting off my seat to get my book back. He then purposely threw the book at a bunch of jocks which is also his friends at the very back of the hall. I looked at my book that is flown across the room. I then turned my attention back to James with my fury eyes. That makes him laugh even more. Argh, he really can be so annoying. I then returned to my seat, crossed my arms and pout.

"Oh come on, baé. It's not everyday that I can tease you." He poked at my waist, making me jump. I glared at him and beat him on his arm. He did it again. The 'pretend that it hurt' act. I heard him chuckled, as he was having too much teasing me. I just rolled my eyes, trying to ignore every single pokes he did at my waist. But it doesn't last long as I'm the kind of girl that cannot be tickle too much. So I decided to burst out.

"Could you stop that?!" I furrowed my eyebrows. He stopped and muttered a sorry. I just shook my head and focus on what Olivia trying to whisper to me. I leaned in closer to Olivia so that I could hear her better.

"Barbie bitch is looking at you. She's at the very back row with the jocks." Olivia warned. I took a quick peak at Megan and her crew. Yup, they are staring at me. Realizing that I was looking at her, she suddenly stick out the very nasty finger. The fucking middle finger. Hmph, noice... I just smirked back at her and turn my focus at the principal that just walked in.

"Alright. Thank you seniors for coming down today. Okay, first off... Since your examinations is near, we decided to give you guys an overseas trip for a week to calm your brains before the tough exams starts. And it's going to be held next week. For those who's wondering where we're going, we are going to the City of Angels and enjoy your stay in front of the Venice Beach." After that one announcement, the whole hall started to get noisy with chatters and excitements. Now I know why Olivia is pretty hyped for this announcement. The principal then asked us to quieten down so that he could continue. And we did.

"Secondly, the prom night. It's just right after your exams which is in two months time. The theme this year is... Black and White Masquerade Ball." Again, the hall is noisy. This is really interesting, seeing people excited and stuff. I then heard James whispering something at my ear.

"Been waiting for this. Hope you still remember the promise I made." He said, leaving a chill running down my spine. He then suddenly kissed my cheek, leaving me frozen and have rosy cheeks. I then swallowed my gulp and try to act nothing happened.

"Lastly," the principal continued, "good luck for your examinations, seniors. Study hard so that you can enjoy the rest of your life. So that's all, thank you." Once the principal finishes his talk, James grabbed my wrist and lead me out quickly. Luckily he didn't grab my injured wrist or else, I would scream and leave an echo at the hall.

He brought me to our secret place where we used to make out. He guided me inside and closed the tiny door, turned on the dimly light bulb afterwards. I still remember when I slapped him right in the face after being rude to Chris. Which now James knows that he's my husband. I just stood there awkwardly and asked him why he bring me here.

"So why you bring me here?"

"I don't know. I just wanna talk to you... Hi." What a nice reply I got there. I raised an eyebrow at him, giving him the are-you-fucking-serious face.

"Seriously, stop wasting my time. Why you bring me here?" I asked him again. He sighed in defeat.

"Okay, okay. I just wanna ask you how ya holding up. You haven't been in school for a few days and that worries me. Something wrong happen?" He asked me full of concern. Yes, something did happen. And I don't want to bring it up... But my mouth stupidly said, "yes, I have a problem recently."

Ahhh! Stupid, stupid, STUPID! Now I need to force myself to tell him that I miscarried my child. Damn it!

"What's the problem? If you don't mind me asking."

"Actually I do mind. But... I trust you," I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing. "I'm no longer pregnant. Because I, I fell... And I lost him or her." I try to act strong but I can't. My eyes are watery. Once I blinked, tears started to roll down my heels like rivulets. My heart hurts as if it was snatched by some bastards and they crushed it, jumped on top of it and just leave it bare like that.

James knew me well. He came closer to me and hugged me, letting me cry until there's no more tears. He stroked my hair and I must say that it really calm me down. We just stood there in silence until the first class bell rang. I guessed if I keep on going to school, my relationship with James may be as per normal.

And I like it that way so that there's no more trouble involved, unless there's a misunderstanding between me and Chris.

--------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! HAPPY 2K15! Sorry that I didn't post any chapter since Christmas due to me shopping school stuffs. And maybe the late update may continue because school starts already. (Wow, nice English there! xD haha, fuck it.) so make sure y'all vote, comment and follow me :)

Love,
Nora

[UNEDITED] sorrehhhh... :p

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

461K 13.3K 36
Have you ever heard of being hired because you were honest? Well, this is a first! Emma: a proud, sarcastic but honest girl who gets hired because s...
203K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
57 0 8
Note : If you're not into gpreader who makes the wrong decisions. Don't read this. Save yourself from stress. This is ocreader so if you Don't like t...
3.3K 246 41
All is fair in love, war and Business. Is it though? Grace never had it easy when it came to life. First she had to deal with her parents trying rip...