The Gunpowder Blade

由 kaedehara_kenichi

I've been wanting to do this for a while. Here it is, a Kinon fanfic. After Asuna left Japan to marry someone... 更多

What Happened?
Edge Of Death
Mixed Feelings
Behind Closed Doors
A Date?!
Acceptance
Give Me A Reason
End Of The Beginning
Hi! (Q&A)
Missing In Action
Fateful Words
Author's Note
The Legend's Homecoming
To Be And Not To Be
The Way You Remind Me
The Gunpowder Blade
Floor By Floor
Expect The Unexpected
Is It Really Over
A Reason To Live
I Made A Promise
Windows To The Soul
A Normal World
Epilogue

Lesser Evil

243 6 4
由 kaedehara_kenichi

***

Hey Familia of the Closet! Here, have more fucking content (Mind the language). I'm happy to get back to writing. But let's not delve into that. Enjoy this chapter! Love you!

-Seijirou

***

(Suguha)

"Who the fuck are you?!" A female voice on the other end yelled. I winced at the volume.

"I could ask you the same thing." I asked coldly.

"What are you doing answering Kazy-sama's phone?" She questioned snottily. 'Kazy-sama?' I was astounded.

"Who the hell even are you?" I became impatient.

"My name is Sakura Takahashi." She spoke proudly. "Now, who are you."

"My name is Suguha Kirigaya, Kazuto's sister." I answered. I knew I wasn't actually his sister, I thought it might help in this situation.

"Huh. Really." She said evilly.

"What?" I asked.

"You? Kazy-sama's sister? I doubt it." She said.

"Quiz me, bitch." I growled. I couldn't see her, but I could tell she was surprised.

"Who's Kazy-sama's-" She was cut off.

"For the love of god, call him Kazuto." I snapped.

"Alright. Who's Kazuto's favorite person?" Sakura asked. She's not gonna like my answer.

"Easy, it's Asada." I said.

"Wrong, it's me. You aren't Kazuto's sister." She whined. I hung up on her. I opened the camera app and took a selfie with Kazuto in view. He was still in the game. Once I took it, I sent it to Sakura and called her back. She answered almost immediately.

"You were saying?" I nearly sung.

"Ugh, Bitch." She muttered.

"Sorry, what was that?" I asked.

"I called you a bitch!" She yelled.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"Nothing I want to get into." Sakura snapped. I'll give you a little hint. I made sure to get my boobs in the picture.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. Suddenly, she hung up. I looked at the phone in confusion before setting it down. I looked back at Kazuto. His face was so peaceful. I got up and left Kazuto's room, returning to mine. I looked around before picking up my phone and opening messages. I entered the group chat consisting of Me, Kazuto, Tsuboi, Rika, Keiko, and Andrew. I tapped the message bar and began typing.

Me: Hi

I heard Kazuto's phone chime in the other room.

Keiko: Hay

Rika: Hiiiii

Tsuboi: 'Sup

Andrew: How's it going?

Andrew is so formal.

Me: I have a question.

Rika: What?

Me: Any of you ever heard the name Sakura Takahashi?

Keiko: No

Tsuboi: Sorry I haven't

Andrew: Nope

Rika: Now that you mention it, I remember Kazuto mentioning the name a while ago. Something about a stalker. He said that she took a step too far.

Me: Okay thanks

I dropped my phone and looked at my ceiling.

"Am I really any different than her?" I asked myself. "She stalks Kazuto. That's something that I don't-" I stopped and remembered something I did years ago. Kazuto and I were 12. He would always ride his bike to the video game store. I would follow him to make sure he didn't get hurt. But I didn't want him to catch me because he'd get mad. I knew that his well-being wasn't the only reason I followed him. "Nevermind." I sat up quickly. "What is different about us?"

Buzz Buzz

I looked at my phone. It was a private message from Rika. I opened it.

Rika: You wanna know about Sakura?

Me: Yeah

She sent me a link. I clicked it. It brought me to a news page about an arrest. I read the headline.

"Local teen arrested for attempted murder

Sakura Takahashi, a local 18-year-old girl, was arrested for attempted murder. She claimed it wasn't her. "I would never do that! I loved him! He loved me!" The police questioned the man after he was stable. He claimed that she had been stalking him for months..."

My eyes grew wide with surprise, and horror.

Me: Jesus, seriously?

Rika: Yeah

Me: Dammit

I tossed my phone onto my bed and thought. I guess I'm the lesser evil. I ran out of the room, entering Kazuto's room, he was still asleep. I grabbed his phone and went to Sakura's phone number. I hit the block option, then closed the app.

"Eat shit, bitch." I said as I put the phone down. I went back to my room and laid back down. I looked out the window, then slid the Amusphere on. I waited 5 seconds. "Link start." The same colorful lines flew past me, symbolizing that the game was loading.

***

I opened my eyes and looked around. All I saw were leaves. I was laying on a tree branch. I hopped down and opened my Player Window. I pressed the 'Friends' button, and tapped on Kirito. I looked at the map he was on. Floor 39? The floor boss. I tapped on Sinon. She was also on floor 39, in the floor boss arena. I flew to the teleportation gate.

"Teleport, Nolfret!" I shouted. My avatars disappeared, the regenerated in Nolfret. I flew to the dungeon entrance and began ascending the stairs.

***

I reached the top. There was a lengthy hallway with a red carpet leading to the large doors. I ran down the hall and stopped in front of the door. Thank god New Aincrad had a feature installed where you can enter during a battle, as long as you're friends with the fighters. I opened the door, first noticing the towering horrific beast. Then I saw Sinon firing arrow after arrow. Then there was Kirito. He was slashing again and again violently, as if he was back in SAO. They noticed the door and froze. I ran in, unsheathing my Tempest Saber.

"I'm here to help!" I yelled. They nodded and grinned.

(Kazuto)

I was about to activate another skill, but Leafa came through the door. I stopped in my tracks. She unsheathed her sword and ran towards us.

"I'm here to help!" She yelled. I was confused, but then nodded and grinned.

"Stay back and heal me for now! I'll let you know when to come in!" I called. She nodded and equipped her wand. I looked at the boss' health. Only 2 health bars gone. Leafa began chanting before my health went from half to full. I started a skill and slashed at the boss, then used skill connect, starting another skill in the opposite blade. I stabbed it, then twisted the blade. "Switch!" Leafa nodded and unsheathed her sword again, running at the boss. She used a Katana-based skill called Scarlet Fan. She slashed upwards, downwards, then a powerful thrust causing the boss slight knockback.

"Switch!" Leafa yelled. I nodded and slashed a few times at the boss.

"Switch!" I copied. She ran and slashed almost 10 times due to her feather-like nature.

"Switch!" She called. I ran, starting up a skill. I could feel the blue energy flow through me. I looked at my blades. Leafa's eyes were filled with disbelief. I grinned and looked at the boss. To me, it looked scared shitless. I slashed inwards diagonally with both blades, causing a massive surge of sapphire-colored light.

"Switch!" I shouted. Leafa snapped out of her daze and went in to attack. She used the same skill she used earlier, slashing upwards, downwards, then the powerful thrust. The boss stumbled, just like last time.

"Switch!" She yelled. I ran and used skill connect to use one skill in one blade, and a different one in the other. I looked at it's health, 2 and a half bars.

"Swi-" I was cut off. The boss screamed, slashing his massive blade, hitting Sinon. She fell to the ground. I looked at her HP, it stopped at 4. I looked at the boss, snarling like a rabid Rottweiler. It looked like the boss had jumped out of horror. I stepped slowly towards it, starting another skill. I closed my eyes, feeling the energy flow through me, but this time, it was stronger. The boss swung at me, taking advantage of my eyes being closed. I deflected the attack with one sword, no problem. I opened my eyes and looked at the boss. I was glowing a bright shade of blue. I inhaled deeply. Leafa looked at me, both astounded and terrified.

"Kazuto." She exhaled.

"Starburst Stream." I said under my breath. I slashed my blades over and over again, copying every piece of the sequence perfectly. Swing after swing, wound after wound. I just kept attacking and attacking, not paying any attention to my surroundings. The blue light became brighter and brighter. It felt like I was going blind. I closed my eyes, still continuing the skill. I began to scream. I slashed and slashed and slashed until I heard the ear-wrenching cry of the boss' defeat. I looked at the boss, it was shriveling up. Then it disappeared, disintegrated into millions of tiny crystal shards. I looked at my health, I had 59 health left. "I'm getting better."

"Kirito!" Leafa came running towards me, I fell to my knees, dropping my swords. She knelt down and used a healing crystal on me. "Are you okay?" I nodded. "What was that?"

"That was my unique SAO skill, Starburst Stream. It has twenty-one hits." I explained. She looked confused.

"Twenty-one?" She asked. I nodded. "But that was... thirty-two hits." She said. My jaw dropped, eyes grew wide.

"T-Thirty-two?" I was shocked. Did I go over the total hits? I opened my player window and sped to the skill section, looking for Starburst Stream. Once I found it, I read the description.

"A high-class dual blade sword skill consisting of 21-hits."

"What the hell?" I muttered. I then noticed Sinon still laying on the ground. I closed the window and ran to her. I picked her up and placed her in my lap. Her eyes slowly opened.

"Ki... ri... to?" She mumbled. I used a healing crystal on her. He health slowly crept up to full. She sat up. I pulled her into a hug, she rested her head on my shoulder. She backed away, then placed her forehead to mine.

"Ahem." Leafa cleared her throat. We looked at her and began laughing. Suddenly, a familiar alert popped up in front of me.

"Congrats!

You got the last-attack bonus!

Skill - Carbon Thunder"

"Carbon Thunder?" I said. The two girls shrugged their shoulders. The room began to shake, tiny rocks fell from the ceiling. A door opened on the opposite side of the room, revealing a flight of stairs. I stood up and helped Sinon off the floor. I walked over and picked my swords up off the floor, sheathing them. "Ready?" They nodded. We walked over to the door and began to ascend the staircase.

***

We exited the dungeon, examining out surroundings. We were in a field not far from Jaileum, the capital of floor 40. Leafa jumped in front of Sinon and I.

"What do you guys say we go explore the town?" She asked cheerily. I looked at the time in my peripheral. It was 17:48. Jesus, was it really that late?

"Sugu, we can't. It's 17:50." I rounded up. She looked at the time.

"Oh." She looked at the ground.

"Well, I should probably get going." Sinon said. I looked at her.

"Okay, I'll text you later." I kissed her cheek. She smiled before confirming her logout request and disappearing. I opened my player window and hit logout. The confirmation warning popped up. I looked at Leafa. "See you IRL." I waved, then pressed confirm, causing me to disappear.

***

I opened my eyes, looking around the room. I slid my Amusphere off and placed it on my bedside table. The AC was on, it so cold in the room, I could see my breath. I got out of bed and turned it off. I left the room and approached Suguha's. I knocked, waited 5 seconds, then entered. She was still online. I sat next to her on her bed. I looked at her face. Just then, her eyes fluttered open. I immediately jumped off her bed and covered my face. She sat up calmly, taking off her Amusphere and placing it on her bedside table.

"H-Hey." I stuttered.

"Kazuto, I need to talk to you." Suguha spoke firmly. I uncovered my face.

"About what?" I asked.

"Sakura Takahashi." She said. I immediately looked down.

"You answered one of her calls." I spoke shamefully. She nodded. "I was going to tell you sooner. I just didn't want you to worry."

"Didn't want me to worry? You know she was arrested for attempted murder, right? It was the same scenario. She stalked a man, and tried to gut him with a knife." She began to cry. My jaw dropped. I didn't know that.

"..." I stayed silent. Suguha wiped her eyes. "Really?"

"Yes, Kazuto. And at first, I questioned if I was any better. At first, I didn't know about the arrest. I just knew that she stalked you. And so did I. And once I learned that she was arrested, I figured I was the-" Suguha was cut off.

"The lesser evil." I looked at the floor with the same shameful face I had when she first admitted she had feelings for me.

***

Hey Familia of the Closet! How was that? How did Rika know about Sakura? What is the new skill Kirito got? Are we going to meet Sakura? Anyway, thank you all for reading! Love you all so much!

-Seijirou

***

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

61.5K 2.2K 15
With Kirito beating Heathcliff, a.k.a Kayaba Akihiko (who was also Ume's uncle), everyone was released from the game. But alas, that isn't where the...
36.5K 1K 38
⚠️️WARNING ⚠️ I WAS 12 YEARS OLD WHEN DONE AND STILL IN PROCESS OF MAYOR EDITING ! Hi I'm Shinigamy_gal and I'm here to give you one of my bests bo...
Beater 由 Kat

同人小说

44.9K 1.5K 40
KiritoxReader SAO Your father is the Co-CEO of a successful gaming company that specialises in vrmmorpg and is helping develop SAO. You were a beta...
82.3K 2.2K 26
I'M SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!! I get to do Kirito X Reader💕 . . Kazuto Kirigaya has purchased the new game Sword Art Online but what he doesn't know is...