The Rogue King {18+} (Book 2)

De chelseaxxm123

I was cursed at such a young age, abandoned by my own wolf and the Moon Goddess for something that wasn't in... Mais

Copyright and Warning!!
Do Not Skip!!!
1. My First Injury
2. Escaped Prisoner
3. Predator and Prey
4. A Blue Moon
5. You're Mine To Play With
7. There's No Reasoning with a Monster
8. Like Old Times
9. The Training Tournament
Character Pictures: Part 1
10. Victory Afterparty
11. Ambush
12. A Human Trophy
13. The Cells It Is Then
14. Dangerous Threats
15. I Wasn't Prepared To Care
Character pictures: part 2
16. Prove It
17. Don't Ask Questions You Don't Want To Hear The Answers To
18. Hostile Territory
19. A Little Too Much Wine
20. Struggling With The Decisions I'm Making
21. I Won't Stop Until We're Miles Apart
22. Drain Her Dry
23. I Am Now One
24. Extended Prison Sentence
25. A Rock and a Hard Place
26. Shock, Acceptance and A Heartbroken She-Wolf
27. A Gift Worthy Of A Luna
28. This Won't Work Without Trust
29. I Want To See Your Wolf
30. Too Much Wine... Again
31. Is This The Bond or Something Else?
32. A War Is Brewing
33. The Dreams
34. I Won't Let You Leave My Side
35. A Bond To Remember
36. We'll Take This Slow
37. Search Party
38. Reunited
39. My First Love
40. I'm All Yours
41. Send The King A Message For Me
42. The King's Fury
43. A Loss Of Control
44. Lesson One: Do What Feels Natural
45. I'll See You In The Morning
46. Explain Your Actions
47. We're Practically Family
48. Your Mate Will Be Everything
49. Not Until I've Spoken to Her
50. A Meeting With The In-laws
51. Let Me Tell You My Truth, Torben
52. Heartbreak and Acceptance
53. Preparing For Peace
54. Let's Get To Work
55. A Moment to Grieve
56. An Attack In The Night.
57. Weeping On A Battlefield
58. We Were Living with An Enemy
59. You Were Always The Prey
60. We Follow the original Plan
61. I'm Going To Make You My Weapon
62. It Begins
63. Forced Against Eachother
64. Taking Back What Was Stolen
65. A Traitor for Love
66. I Need to Feel Whole

6. You're Only as Strong as Your Greatest Weakness

3.9K 159 58
De chelseaxxm123

Chapter's seem to be moving along a little faster so hopefully updates will too.

Enjoy!

-&-

Unedited.

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

5 months later...

I toss and turn in my sheets, my dream much more vivid tonight, like nothing I've ever dreamt before.

It's dark, the night sky scattered with stars as they twinkle and bring light whilst the moon is absent. I look up, my crimson eyes wide with awe as a sense of freedom and many possibilities welcomes me. The cool breeze brushes past me, lifting my hair and clothes before it settles back down.

"Princess?" My ears perk, an unfamiliar voice calling to me before I feel strong arms wrap around my waist from behind. I feel him rest his chin against my shoulder before soft lips are kissing the side of my neck.

I sigh in content before whispering, "The sky is beautiful at night."

He hums in approval, turning me in his arms. I can't see his face, his features shrouded in darkness but gorgeous, brown eyes peer down at me.

He presses a kiss to my forehead, my consciousness slowly waking. Those brown eyes become sad, a sigh leaving his lips, "You have to go back."

"No, you don't know what it's like," I tell him, not wanting to wake up, "Don't send me back, please."

"I have no choice." He sighs, his gaze apologetic, reluctantly removing his hands from my waist.

"No..." I shake my head, "Don't send me away!"'

I'm shrouded in darkness, my heart plummeting before my eyes snap open, looking up at my bedroom ceiling. I'm coated in sweat, my dark hair stuck to my forehead as I sit up, looking around my dark and empty room.

It was just a dream...

For six months it's been the same dream, me and a man I've never met. He calls out to me and I never want to leave, to wake up. It's torture, dreaming of someone who makes me feel safe and loved only to wake up and face reality.

For months, Owen has used every opportunity to either hurt me or use me for his own selfish gain. His touch disgusts me and makes me feel dirty but I can't stop him because everyone around me is fooled by his charm. They're oblivious to what Owen does to me when they're not around.

The man from my dreams is the only person I feel safe with.

If only he was real.

I pull my soaked sheet away from my body and sit up, the rising sun slowly bringing light into my room as I walk towards the bucket of water placed on my dresser. I soak my face and the back of my neck before removing my nightwear.

There's only one thing that makes me feel better when I'm not dreaming- training.

I exit the castle, wearing matching black trousers and a top. My boots become muddy as I walk across the field, my father visible in the distance as he trains alone. I enjoy watching him train, my father is very powerful and strong, something I'm not though I wish I could be like him.

Perhaps if that was the case, I could defend myself against Owen.

"Asmara," My dad knows I'm there even before he sees me due to my scent. He turns around, his crimson eyes quizzical before he asks, "Why are you up so early?"

I shrug, answering his question with another, "Is it okay if I train with you?"

My dad smiles, gesturing me forward. I'm relived he's letting me train with him without further questions. I stand in front of him, watching as he forms a fighting stance. I already know what I must do, copying his stance before he breathes, "The first stance is the most crucial in combat, making the wrong move in the beginning is the difference between winning and dying."

I process his words, taking them in and imprinting them into my brain. My dad breaks his stance to fix mine, readjusting my fist before moving my legs further apart. Whist he raises my chin, I ask, "Isn't strength and power the difference between winning and dying?"

My dad's crimson eyes become stern, staring into mine. He shakes his head, his tone hard, "If you believe that then you are very naive, Asmara. Strength without control is more dangerous than someone who is not strong but can move strategically." I furrow my brows at his words, my dad continues, "Don't sell yourself short, you are my daughter and if you believe it, you can defeat any opponent."

My dads right, I have been naive.

With the right moves, I can defend myself from anyone even though I may not be the strongest.

"Have you ever lost?" I ask, my dad arching a brow at the question.

He chuckles softly, "I'm still here, aren't I?"

I frown, challenging him, "Then if you've never lost how do you know that it's because of how you fight rather than you're strength."

My dad sighs, his crimson eyes softening before he states, "A strong wolf is only as strong as his greatest weakness, one wrong move and I'll go down which is why I don't fight with strength, I use strategy."

"Oh..." I breathe out, admiring his use of words.

My dad's eyes glaze over, clearly mind-linking with someone before he addresses me once again, "I have a meeting but think about what I said, with the right strategy you can beat anyone."

"Thanks dad." I take in his advice, my dad making me feel stronger than I ever thought I could be.

My dad is smart, he knows what he's talking about and I should listen.

"Anytime," he winks, heading back towards the castle, leaving me to train alone.

I'm practicing my punching when I feel someone breath down my neck, my back becoming rigid. I turn around to face Owen, his hazel eyes angry, spitting, "You don't seriously believe your dad's bullshit, do you?"

I huff, glancing away, "So what if I do?"

Owen is in front of me now, clasping my chin before bringing my gaze back to meet his, "You think you could beat anyone? Please," he snarls, his eyes lit with amusement, "Your dads feeding you lies to make you feel better about being human."

I shouldn't listen to him, Owen just wants to hurt me and for too long I've let him.

No more...

Owen is surprised when I snap, shoving him back before forming a stance. He catches himself quickly, a dangerous growl resounding from the back of his throat. He analyses me, his lips twitching up as he tilts his head to the side, "Oh, Asmara, do you really want to do this?"

"You're not using me anymore." I snap, breathing harshly, Owen taking a small step forward. The air is knocked from my lungs at the way he rushes forward, shoving me back. My arse hits the ground, a groan leaving my lips as I quickly roll to the side and stand to my feet to find Owen glaring down at me.

I advance forward, throwing my fist towards his face but he's faster, moving to the side before snatching my fist and using his grip to bend my arm back over my shoulder. I cry out, twisting my body round before elbowing him in the chest with my other arm, forcing him to release my arm.

My dad was right. With the right move I can defend myself from anyone even if they're stronger than me.

Owen holds his chest, struggling to breath. He quickly composes himself, that dark red glint present in his hazel eyes. I step back, taking the defence as he circles me, pure hatred shifting his features.

I bury my heels into the dirt, keeping my stance. Owen shakes his head, snickering, "You're dead." I glimpse his claws as he slashes them at my arms, my heart racing as I attempt to dodge them.

I'm not quick enough, a scream tearing from my lips as his claws make contact with my forearm. Blood runs down my arm, dripping onto the grass, the air blowing against the wound, making it sting.

Owen is in front of me quicker than I could blink, glancing at my wound before snarling, "Look what you made me do." I gasp when he tangles his hand into my hair, gripping the strands harshly, "Time to go somewhere private before anyone sees the mess you've made."

No...

I struggle against him but he grips my hair harsher, the back of my scalp burning as he muffles my scream.

Owen drags me into the woods, away from any seeing eyes. I can feel and hear my heart pounding, my eyes welling with tears, my scalp continuing to burn.

When we're deep enough, Owen releases my hair suddenly and I don't expect it, stumbling back a few steps. I rub the back of my head, trying my hardest to breath the pain away as Owen leers over me, his hand running down my arm until he wraps it around my wrist.

I cry out when he twists my wrist painfully in his grasp, bringing me to my knees. I look up at him, eyes wide, watching as he releases my wrist only to backhand me across the face. I scream, my head snapping to the side, feeling the red mark on my cheek.

I can't fight back...

The fire is diminished from my gaze, put out by the tears cascading down my cheeks. I flinch when Owen sneers, "I told you, you would regret it if you ever did anything stupid like this."

"Please..." I cry, shaking my head as I lift my gaze to his, "Don't...don't do this...I'm sorry." I slump my head back down, admitting defeat and showing my absolute submission.

Owen is silent for a moment, my heart racing when I hear the zip of his trousers being pulled down.

No...

What is he doing?

I pull away, "What are you doing?"'

"This is the only way you can make it up to me." He states, stroking his member that has been released from the fabric containing it. I shake my head, sobbing but Owen is demanding, "Suck my cock, Asmara, or would you rather I hit you again?"

Suck it?

Is he crazy?

"Stop..." I trail off, my voice lost through the panting.

"You're making me angry," He warns me and I flinch, continuing to pull away from the head of his cock. I cry out when he grips the back of my head again, my heart racing as he brings me closer and closer to his pulsing head.

"What are you doing to her?"

I sigh in relief, Owen grinding his teeth before releasing my hair and restraining his cock behind the fabric of his trousers once again. I catch sight of Reagan, his eyes shifting from Owen to me on the floor.

Owen snarls, "Go away, Reagan, this is a private matter between us."

"Reagan..." I cry.

I no longer care about Owen's threats, I want my best friend back.

I want Reagan to believe me after he's spent six months avoiding me, believing that I had betrayed our friendship by kissing Owen.

"Shut up." Owen snarls lowly, warning me to stay silent. I wish I had the courage to run to Reagan but I don't think it's a good idea to risk it.

Please, Reagan, don't you dare leave me again, I need you to save me.

Reagan searches my gaze before his green eyes spot the red mark on my cheek, he growls, asking me, "Did he hit you?"

"He-"

Owen cuts me off, standing in front of me to block Reagan's view of me, "She fell, you know how clumsy humans can be." Reagan narrows his eyes, understanding that Owen's use of the word 'humans' is clearly an insult towards me.

"That mark on her face is clearly in the shape of a hand and you know it." Reagan growls, his green eyes darkening as his wolf comes forward, ready to defend me.

"Perhaps your wolf's sight isn't as good as it should be," Owen retorts, his own wolf surfacing, challenging Reagan's. I'm breathing harshly, panicking as I watch them step towards each other before holding their ground and waiting for the other to make a move.

"Or perhaps you aren't as good as lying as you think you are." Reagan is beyond furious, his voice dark as he makes the first move before Owen can make a quick comeback. Reagan's fist connects with Owens nose, blood pools from his nostrils and down his chin as he steps back, groaning and holding his nose, the blood running in between his fingers, down his hands.

"Fuck!" Owen growls, Reagan continuing to advance.

I gasp when Owen's claws make an appearance, angrily slashing at Reagan. I reel over what my dad said, strength without strategy is dangerous and right now, Owen is moving out of anger, believing that throwing his strength about will gain him a win in this fight.

Owen doesn't slash Reagan once, Reagan moving with purpose, dodging Owen's strikes before twisting his body and kicking Owen hard in the stomach.

Owen coughs up air, unable to breath as he holds his stomach. Reagan walks around him, shoving Owen's back with his foot, Owen falling forward into the dirt.

"Leave now, Owen, I should have known Asmara never wanted you," Reagan glances at me, his gaze apologetic, "I shouldn't have made assumptions from what I saw, now I know he was abusing you." I feel so relieved, beyond happy that my best friend believes me now. "I'm sorry." He bends down and helps me to my feet, hissing at the pain from the slash on my arm.

Reagan spots it, his nostrils flaring, staring back at Owen as he stands to his feet, Owen turning to us, screaming, "You stupid cunt!" Blonde fur erupts from all over his body, my eyes widening as teeth become fangs and hands become paws. Owen's wolf now standing on all fours with it's back hunched,
Ready to strike.

Reagan pushes me behind him gently, "Stay back."

I nod my head quickly, my eyes wide as they remain on the angry wolf in front of us. My ears instantly perk when I hear the snapping of bones, realising that Reagan is shifting into his wolf. I watch Reagan's brown wolf growl back at Owen, Reagan's wolf's ears flat against his head as he continues to defend me.

I don't know what they're saying but it's obvious they're mind linking, their wolves growling dangerously.

A scream tears from my lips when Owen's wolf throws itself towards me and I'm forced to look away in fear, waiting for the impact.

It doesn't come, turning back round to see Reagan's wolf snapping his jaw at Owen's legs. Owen's wolf manages to snap to the side, bending down to lock it's jaw onto the nape of Reagan's wolf's neck.

"Reagan!" I cry, feeling my heart beating loudly.

The view in front of me becomes groggy, shifting completely until I see Owen's wolf ripping into Reagan's wolf's neck further, my eyes widening in pure horror when Reagan's wolf's head is ripped from his shoulders.

My eyes become clear, a need to be sick surfacing when my eyes lock onto Owen's wolf continuing to bite into Reagan's wolf's neck.

What?

It hasn't happened yet?

Owen's going to kill Reagan!!!

What I do next is completely unexpected. I jump onto Owen's wolf's back, slamming my fist down onto his sensitive nose. He yelps, finally releasing Reagan's wolf's neck before throwing me off. I hit the dirt hard, lifting my head to see Owen's wolf stalking towards me but all I care about is the fact that Reagan Is alive.

In a matter of seconds Reagan's wolf is biting Owen's wolf's tail hard, using the grip to swing Owen away from me.

Reagan lifts his head, Owen's wolf assessing whether or not this is worth it. It seems it's not, his wolf growling at Reagan once more before disappearing further into the forrest.

I crawl towards Reagan as he turns to face me, my eyes snapping to the blood soaking his neck.

I saw him die...

If I hadn't of done what I did, Reagan would be dead right now.

Reagan's wolf collapses, fur becoming skin until I'm looking down at a very nude and injured Reagan. I rush towards him, "Reagan!"

"I'm fine," He assures me, his wounds slowly healing until he's able to sit up and I sigh in relief.

I lean into Reagan, crying as my emotions become too much, "I'm so happy you know the truth." Reagan allows me to rest my head against his chest, his arm wrapping around me to support me.

"I'm only sorry I didn't realise it sooner." He admits, guilt dripping from his tone as he holds me tighter.

"I-I saw you die..." I breathe out, pulling away to see Reagan glancing down at me in confusion, "It was like a vision. I-I saw Owen's wolf kill you, that's why I jumped in to stop him."

"A vision?" Reagan questions.

I nod my head, tears continuing to fall as I lean back into him.

"We need to tell your parents about this." He whispers carefully, running his hand down my back soothingly.

I nod my head, anxious of what my father will do when he discovers the truth.

Reagan helps me home, a servant passing him a robe when we approach the doors. When it comes to my parents, Reagan does the talking for me, explains everything to them.

My mother gasps, holding me close to her, "I'm so sorry, baby, I thought he was just your friend, I had no idea-"

"Fuck!" My dad growls, cutting my mother off unintentionally, Reagan remains calm, sitting opposite me and my parents as my dad stands to his feet.

My mum calls to my dad, "You better make that boy pay for what he did to my baby."

My dad grins, "I'll do more than that."

We watch my dad storm off, mind-linking someone as he does. When my dads out of sight, I tell my mum, "I had a vision today. I saw the future."

"What did you see?" My mum pry's, not understanding how this could be possible.

"I saw Owen killing Reagan but I was able to stop it before it happened." I explain, Reagan nodding to confirm that it happened.

"Raven," My mother breathes out.

"What?" I ask.

"Before Raven died she gave you something, I'm still not sure what it is but maybe the visions are a part of it." My mum assumes.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" My mum hates to talk about her but I would have thought she'd at least mention this to me.

"I'm sorry, it's still painful for me to speak about Raven," She admits softly.

"I understand," I sigh.

It's a moments pause when my asks, "Should we go and get you cleaned up?"

I glance at Reagan, it's his comfort I need right now, "I'd like to stay with Reagan." He's the only person I feel safe with now, he's the one who saved me from Owen's abuse and I need him.

I've missed him so much.

My mum is a little hurt but she accepts my wishes, glancing at Reagan, "Thank you for helping her tonight and please make sure you clean her wounds, okay?"

He stands to his feet, "Yes, Queen Alivia." My mum allows Reagan to help me to my feet, supporting my weight as he guides us to my bedroom.

He gently helps me to sit down on my bed but I still hiss, my wound stinging when it makes contact with the sheets. Reagan apologises, rushing to the bucket of water before grabbing a cloth and then making his way back towards me. He kneels down in front of me, his touch gentle as he begins to wash the cut with the damp cloth.

I can't help but stare at him, beyond happy that I have my best friend back. His touch is so soft and gentle, soothing me completely as he cleans the wound.

"Asmara?" My eyes snapped to his when he called my name, searching his green orbs as they gaze softly into mine, "I wish I could make up for not believing you. I should have known that Owen was lying, that he-"

"No..." I whisper, silencing him as he blinks up at me, that guilt still visible, "It should have been me who told you the truth but I was too afraid."

Reagan stands to his feet, sitting beside me on the bed as I reveal to him how scared Owen made me feel, "I'm weak, Reagan, I thought Owen would kill me if I told you the truth."

Reagan argues, "You are not weak, Asmara, you're strong and there's this fire in your gaze." He becomes slightly guarded when he whispers to me, "It's the reason I've loved you since we were six."

My eyes widen, "You love me?"

"Yes." He reiterates, my heart fluttering at the way he's staring at me.

"But I'm human. I'm cursed and what about your future mate?" I voice my insecurities, looking away from him.

Reagan takes my chin into his hand softly, bringing my crimson eyes back up to meet with his green orbs, the love in them causes my breath to hitch. "I don't care about any of that, I only want you and no one else," I take in a steady breath, Reagan adding, "That's if you'll have me."

I smile at his words, leaning forward to brush my lips against his. Reagan is taken off guard for a split second before he's kissing me back, moving his hand away from my chin only to cup the back of my head, brushing his tongue against my bottom lip.

I allow him entry, his tongue massaging mine gently, communicating his love with just this smallest action. It's more than words could ever express, my heart swelling at the notion that this gorgeous boy loves and wants me.

Pulling away, I quickly breath, "I love you too."

Me and Reagan have each other now, my reality not as fucked as it once was...

Though, that didn't stop the dreams...

✨🌕✨

Is this the last of Owen?

Do you think the visions came from Raven?

Do you ship Asmara and Reagan? Or no?

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for future announcements.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

10K 502 7
Two powerful men at each other's throats to get back for what the other did, except the cycle just continues. It never subdued, war, death, and anger...
311 38 21
Vampires , Werewolves , Dragons , Demons , Witches.. These Kingdoms always seem to be peaceful on the surface but under the covers , vampires and wol...
108K 3.7K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...
5.3M 201K 116
The edited version of this book is being updated under the name "That's Inappropriate, Mr. King." Twenty-two-year-old Anna wonders if she will ever f...