A Witch Thing | Jasper Hale x...

Mrs--Marvel által

What if witches existed and no one even knew? And what if a witch finds her One, who just so happens to be on... Több

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 5

14.7K 445 200
Mrs--Marvel által

Y/N was waiting outside the room where Bella was in bed, waiting for her to wake up. Edward was inside with Bella's mother. She heard talking in the room, realizing she was finally awake. Jasper stayed with you, he was in the cafeteria with Charlie to help with his emotional state. He was worried sick about Bella and Jasper was trying to make sure he was okay.

Y/N tapped her foot as she sat outside the door. After a few moments, the door opened and Renee came outside, closing the door softly. She gave her a warm smile and said, "Thank you so much for your help with my daughter. It's so good to know she's making more friends."

Y/N returned the smile, unable to hold it back. She wasn't used to be given compliments like this. She nodded and responded, "It's really no problem. I'm glad I was able to help."

Renee smiled a little wider, placed a hand over Y/N's and left. She smiled as she sat in her chair, thinking over the thank you. After a few more minutes, the door opened again. Edward came out and looked at her.

"Hey." She said, standing up. Edward gave a weak smile and slowly spoke, "Bella wanted to speak to you." Y/N nodded simply and said, "Okay." He stepped aside to let Y/N in.

Before she opened the door, Edward placed a hand on her shoulder. Y/N jumped and put a hand over her heart. "Sorry." They both said at the same time. Edward told her softly, "I want to say thank you...for what you did back there. Thank you for helping Bella and my family. You're welcome to stay with us."

Y/N smiled and responded, "You don't have to thank me, really. I've been helping those vampires hurt others for so long and I haven't like a second of it. Helping someone for once...I wanted- I needed to do it."

Edward nodded, "Still...thank you, Y/N."

She smiled, "You're welcome." She turned and opened the door, seeing Bella laying in bed. She saw Y/N and sat up a bit. "No, no, lay back. You don't need to be working yourself right now."

Bella chuckled lightly and laid back down, "Yeah...you're probably right."

Y/N sat in the chair next to Bella and gave her a smile. "Are you alright?" She asked.

Bella nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine." Y/N smiled, she asked, "Anything hurting? I may be able to fix that..."

Bella shook her head, "No. No, you don't have to do that."

Y/N shook hers in return, "No, it's no problem. Where?"

Bella bit her lip and pointed to her leg. "There." Y/N nodded and walked over, placing a hand on her leg and closing her eyes, chanting a little something before letting her hands down and looking at Bella.

"Wow...that feels so much better." Bella said, smiling a little. Y/N sat back down and asked, "Edward said you wanted to speak to me?"

Bella nodded, squinching her eyes and taking a breath as if she was trying to think of how to word her sentence. She spoke then, opening her eyes a little, "I wanted to thank you. You didn't have to help me back there, but I'm glad you did. Edward is actually really happy to have you here. I'm glad you're here, too."

Y/N smiled again, chuckling a little to herself and beginning to wipe away a little tear that was threatening to fall. "What?" Bella chuckled.

Y/N took in a breath and shrugged, "Sorry, I'm just...I'm not used to this. Getting all of these 'thank you's. being complimented. In my old coven, with James and Victoria and Laurent...I never really got any kind of affection. It was like walking on eggshells. But with everyone else here, even when everyone is stressed, it's like...I'm cautious of where I step, but there's not much reason to be. I've been given so much...comfort. It's so foreign to me..."

Bella smiled and said, "Well, if you're going to live with the Cullens, you'll have to get used to it." They both shared a small laugh and Y/N swallowed the lump in her throat. "Okay, then..." Y/N started, "I'll go and let you get some rest...or...y'know."

Bella chuckled and nodded. Y/N turned and left. As her hand hovered over the knob, Bella said, "But seriously, Y/N...Thank you."

She smiled, "No problem."

Y/N stepped outside, Edward rejoining Bella, and went to the cafeteria to find Jasper. When she found him, she ran into Charlie, who also gave her an awkward but heartfelt thank you.

Jasper chuckled a little as he stepped over to her, putting his hands in pockets. He asked her, "How many does that make?"

She thought over it before replying, "Five. Two from Bella and Edward, two from her parents, and one from Carlisle."

Jasper chuckled again, "Well, you're feeling a little overwhelm, so I won't smother you with another..." They both laughed together.

Y/N twiddled with her fingers as she thought over what she was going to say. She took a breath and slowly said, "So do you guys have a spare room?"

Jasper slowly smiled as he asked, "What?"

"I think I may stay with you guys... If the offer is still there..." She rephrased.

He nodded, "It is. I'm glad you decided to stay. Everyone will be glad to have you around."

She smiled and said, "Thank you."

"Look who's getting the thank you's now." He said.

She laughed a little at that. She wasn't used to all of this. When her laughter slowly stopped, her face fell a little, only a faintest of smiles left there. "What's wrong?" Jasper asked.

She shrugged as she answered, "Nothing. That's the thing. I'm not used to everything being right. With James and Victoria and Laurent, there was always something that I'd done wrong. But it's like I could say almost anything and I wouldn't get yelled at."

He shrugged, "Well, we're an entirely different coven. James and Victoria were..."

"They were malicious." She said for him, "You could see it in their auras. They were so dark and cloudy. So...wrong. So many years of tormenting others, killing innocents. So much carnage and some sort of sick pleasure from all of the killing..."

She closed her eyes and shook her head, taking a deep breath and removing it from her mind. As they sat down, Jasper asked, "Well...what do you see in mine?"

She looked up at him, tilting her head as she saw through him. "Um..." she started, chewing on her lip, "For you, I see light. It's a type of purity that's hard to come by for vampires. It's not dark, but it isn't quite white. It's a tinted shade that comes with having innocent intentions but...not so innocent actions..."

Out of instinct, she reached out, placing a hand on his cheek gently as she muttered, "What happened to you?"

When she realized what was happening, she yanked her arm back and apologized quickly, "Sorry, I'm so sorry. Oh, my god... I didn't mean to, I got distracted."

Jasper calmed her, pushing a light layer of serenity over her and telling her just as calmly, "Hey, don't worry about it, Y/N. It's okay. You don't need to apologize so much. You're so anxious all the time and you have no reason to be now. You're safe with us."

'You're safe with us.'

'You don't have to worry.'

'We won't hurt you.'

'You're safe with us...'

The words played in Y/N's mind like a whirlwind of memories. Those are the words James' coven spoke to her when they first found her. They weren't as comforting as they made it out to be. But, said by Jasper, it seemed more innocent than when James' had said it. More true, more trusting.

That's all she could do. She could trust Jasper, she had to be able to, or she might as well walk away and try to live on her own with no way to protect herself.

She could trust Jasper.

She took a deep breath, "Okay...I trust you, Jasper."

He smiled softly, but he was a little distracted with the hurricane of emotions going through her.

-

They got back to Forks after Bella was free to leave the hospital. Carlisle showed her to her new room, giving her a warm smile and a polite nod as he said, "Make yourself at home, Y/N. 

She smiled and thanked her as he closed the door behind her. She looked around the room, an open view to the woods surrounding the house provided by the window wall.

Y/N sat on the bed that'd been placed in the room and looked around. Before she could enjoy her surroundings any further, the door opened and Alice came barging into the room.

"Hi! You don't have any clothes in your drawers because you didn't have any clothes with you. So we're going shopping!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands at that last part.

She walked further into the room, another person following her who you ended up eeing as Jasper. Y/N raised her brows and asked, "Shopping?"

Alice nodded, "Yes! Shopping!" Her eyes widened suddenly as she asked, "Oh my gosh! Do you not know what shopping is? You poor thing!"

She shook her head with a chuckle, "I know what shopping is, Alice. I just...haven't been shopping in years."

She frowned, "That's worse, Y/N. You do realize this, right?"

She chuckled, "Yeah, so...when?"

She bit her lip, "Well, I would say now, but you look exhausted. So you take a nap and we'll go shopping later. I would just get your sizes...but you need a good shopping trip."

Y/N chuckled weakly and nodded, "Okay, will do."

She smiled, "Great! See you then!" She left, a few jumps in her steps. Jasper stayed behind, looking after her as she left.

He laughed a little and said, "Sorry about her. She can be very...enthusiastic."

Y/N shrugged, "No need to apologize. It's nice having a positive energy." Jasper nodded, "Yeah, well, with my gift, I can confirm that. It's nice to be around her, she's always so happy."

She bit the inside of her lip and nodded. Jasper scratched the back of his head, "Well, I'll let you nap. See ya."

"Bye." She waved. Jasper nodded and turned, leaving her to her thoughts.

She sighed to herself and laid down, slowly falling asleep. It took a moment, but she was about to drift off into a peaceful rest.

-

Y/N woke a while later, getting up to a wonderful smell. She cocked her head and got out of the bed, stretching before making her way to the kitchen. Esme was behind the counter whipping up some food for her to eat.

She smiled softly as Esme turned around, giving her the same, warm smile Y/N had given her. "How did you sleep?" She asked.

Y/N shrugged, "Great."

Esme nodded to the food, "I thought you might be hungry. It gives me an excuse to use the kitchen."

Y/N sat at a stool and she pushed the plate of food over to her. She smiled and thanked her as she ate. Soon, Alice and Jasper had joined her, Rosalie being dragged in by Alice as well. "Are you ready?" Alice squeaked.

Y/N nodded with a laugh, "Yes, I'm ready. Just let me wash my plate."

In a second, the plate had been snatched from the counter and cleaned, placed back in its place in the cabinet. Alice came back to stand next to her again, "There, clean, let's go!"

She dragged her from her stool and stuffed Y/N in the car in the garage. It happened so fast her head began to spin. Rosalie and Alice were sitting in the front seat, Alice in the driver's side. Rosalie asked, "Why do you need me again?"

"More opinions. C'mon, Rose. Perk up. It'll be fun!" Alice told her. Rosalie sighed and shrugged, looking forward as Alice began driving, stomping on the gas pedal harder than she should have. In no time, the four ended up in the front of the mall.

Y/N looked up with a smile. It had been ages since she'd been in a mall. "First time?" Jasper asked. Y/N looked at him and shook her head, "No, I haven't been to a mall in forever."

Jasper smiled, "Well, then, we should have fun." She smiled and they both walked in, following the two ladies in front. Alice walked in, stars in her eyes as she looked around at all the shops she could shop from.

She walked over to Y/N, hooking her arm with hers and dragging her off to a store. Alice dragged her around, showing off the clothes on the racks that could be hers. Alice showed her cardigans, flannels (that she actually approved of), a few sweaters, dresses, skirts, and even more. By the time they finally left the first store, Y/N thought she was all set, but she was being pulled to another one in no time.

"Alice, is it really necessary to have more clothes?" Y/N questioned her, "I mean, we have more clothes already than would usually necessary."

Alice chuckled, "You're funny. Let's go." Alice led them all back to the car and Y/N smiled, "Okay, no more shopping then."

Alice laughed a little and said, "We're just putting the bags we already have in the car so we don't have to keep carrying them around, silly. There are way more shops to look at."

Y/N sighed, already ready to get back to the Cullens house. Jasper felt the slight exasperation coming off of her and gave a small sympathizing chuckle before giving her a little more calm than she had. Y/N silently thanked him with a smile as she was dragged away by Alice once again.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

262K 7K 32
//kisses on the foreheads of the lovers wrapped in your arms you've been hiding them in hollowed out pianos left in the dark// ''had another talk abo...
507K 10.2K 41
"If I Manage To Mess Everything Up Someday, I Won't Hide My Head In Shame, Because He Is The One Thing That I Managed To Get Right." - AJ Skye Cullen...
100K 1.1K 61
Read to find out❤️ I promise to edit the book when I get time but thanks for reading it and loving it🥰
755K 15.7K 16
Book One in the Alex Swan Series __________ Edited Previously: The Life of Alexandria Swan __________ What if in the twilight saga, Bella had a sist...