The Professors (Reader x Char...

De lslytherinl

Y/n is a mutant with a bad history, but what happens when you make friends with a waitress and a professor ju... Mais

1.2 Moira
1.3 Erik
1.4 Cerebro
1.5 Recruiting
1.6 Russia
1.7 Home
1.8 Rage and Serenity
1.9 Powers
1.10 Changes
1.11 Cuba
1.12 I Love You
2.01 Days of Future Past
2.02 Prison Break
2.03 Charles?
2.04 Chess
2.05 Paris
2.06 Spine
2.07 DC
2.08 A Better Path
2.09 The School
2.10 Erik?
2.11 Nightmares
3.1 Apocalypse
3.2 Moira...again
3.3 You're Back
3.4 Stryker
3.5 Rescue Mission
3.6 Earlier in Cairo
3.7 The Fight
3.8 Abracadabra
Editing

1.1 First Class

18.7K 332 122
De lslytherinl

My name is Y/n Aquila. I used to live in America, but when I was 16, I erased myself from everyone's memory. There was a terrible accident with my powers. I am some sort of telepath it seems. It all started when I heard voices, everyone's voices, nonstop: screaming, crying, happiness, loss. It became too loud. I screamed from the burden of holding all of it in my head. Suddenly, my family froze in place as purple dust floated around the room. The mist, that was one time event. I still have no idea what my powers can actually do, but at that time it seemed limitless. Calming down seems the only way to stop it, even back then. However, before I could begin to understand that I had powers,  I subconsciously moved every knife in the kitchen towards my family. They were left injured from my breakdown. Once I opened my eyes, my mom begged for me to save her. I went to reach for her to try to calm her down, but she shuttered away from me. Next thing I knew, my father leapt at me with one of the knives but I narrowly dodged his attempt. Panic set in, causing me to try one more thing. I walked up to my dad, put my fingers on his forehead and said 'Forget me.' Then, he did. I followed suit with my mom and sisters, and I fled the house afterwards. I stopped by my school, gaining all my records, then erased the minds of all who knew me. It was time for me to start over, to bury the past. However, I couldn't just leave it all behind. I became obsessed with figuring out why I was made this way.

I moved to England, finished high school and started at Oxford, and am now finishing up my PhD in Genetics and Psychology. I have been testing to see if I have any other genetic mutations, and if the DNA is replicable. My time at Oxford has been great but I haven't made many friends though. I have only ever gotten along with one person here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Raven!" I shout from across the bar. The gorgeous blonde smiles, hugging me. "I'm so glad we could meet here tonight."

"Me too!" She answers and picks out a table.

I start to talk but the waiter interrupts us.

"What'll it be?" He smirks at both of us.

"I'll take a Gimlet." I smile at the guy.

"A lemondrop." Raven says as he brings us the drinks. We cheers, sipping our drinks.

"So...that guy was totally flirting with you." I tell her as the waiter leaves us.

"Me? Oh no honey, he wanted you I could tell." She laughs.

"Come on Raven, you're a blonde bombshell. An American and a blonde is a recipe for suitors in these parts. No one really cares about an American with h/c hair with e/c eyes."

"Don't sell yourself short, I happen to think h/c hair is very attractive." Raven smiles from her glass. Her smile falls flat when she notices someone across the bar. "Oh my, look at Charles, he's being pathetic over there." She points to her brother clearly flirting with a woman.

I've met Charles a few times before but we haven't really interacted. He is very very attractive though, and everyone at Uni knows it. His brown hair and incredibly blue eyes, his features might be more well known than his work.

"What do you think they are saying?" She interrupts my thoughts. I decide to listen into their conversation and get in their heads. They aren't standing too far away from us, but I've told Raven I can lip-read.

"He just ordered her a drink." I state and she chuckles." He is talking about her eyes, how she has heterochromica, and she's...a mutant." I say and Raven gasps. "Oh, now he basically said he will be sleeping with her." I roll my eyes.

"That's Charles for you. I think it's time for me to stop this train short." She gets annoyed and walks over to them.

"Raven, leave him be." I reluctantly follow.

"Hey." He says when she walks over.

"Hi. Guess I have to buy my own drink." She sasses and I chuckle.

"I'm sorry. One cola." Charles answers.

"Does he really not let you drink?" I whisper to her.

"No. He thinks I'll slip up." She replies.

"Slip up with what?" I ask, causing her shoulders to tense.

"Oh you know, alcohol and mistakes go hand in hand." She calmly smiles.

"Believe me, I know." I joke and we laugh.

"Charles here was just tell me that I'm like one of the first sea creatures that grew legs." The girl says to us.

"Tiny bit sexier." He charms, then turns to us. "Oh I'm sorry, this is my sister Raven, and..." He says to me. Of course he wouldn't know me.

"Hi, and this is Y/n, my best friend." Raven introduces me.

"Hi." I shyly wave.

"Amy. And what do you study?" She asks us.

"Waitressing." Raven jokes.

"Genetics and Psychology." I answer.

"Ah." Amy answers. "Oh, look, you have heterochromia, too." She points to Raven.

"Sorry. What?" Charles and I reply.

"Look at her eye." Amy points to Raven, she now has a yellow eye and I am confused.

"Right. Raven, get your coat, please." Charles says, dragging her along.

I run after them and I can't help but hear Raven's screaming thoughts. 'What if Y/n finds out? Will Charles erase her memory?' She starts to freak out.

"Raven!" I call and they don't slow down. I knew she changed her eye colors somehow, someway. I won't be able to stop them, unless I project my thoughts.

'Raven, it's okay, you can tell me.' I project to her and she stops moving.

"Y/n?" She yanks her head around and I nod. Charles urges her to turn back and head to their apartment. "No, Charles she was in my head." Raven says and I keep reading their thoughts.

"I...I guess I am like you two, a...a mutant." I reply and slowly walk with them. "Raven, you can shapeshift?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Yes, now please stay out of my head, it's my one request. I don't want you to see what's happened to me." She sternly adds. "But I am excited to show you. I knew there was something special about you." She grins, grabbing my hand and dragging me along with them.

"Oh, I can only hear your thoughts, not look into your past or anything." I chuckle.

"Fascinating." Charles finally looks up

"But I can't hear Charles's." I explain to them.

"And...and I can't get into your head." He replies as we reach a door. "This is our apartment, Y/n, please come up." I follow them up to a large apartment for the city. It is full of many books, and is quite nice, a lot better than my place.

"You did that on purpose." Charles sighs at Raven.

"Why would I do it on purpose? You know I can't control it sometimes, if I'm stressed or I'm tired." Raven explains and I grow confused.

"You seem to be doing a perfectly good job right now."

"Mutant and proud." Raven mocks the girl from the bar.

"Raven is this not your natural form?" I decide to intervene.

"Or is that only with pretty mutations or invisible ones, like yours. But if you're a freak like me, better hide." She continues, ignoring my question.

"You're being ridiculous. Look, look, I don't mean to sound like an old fart." Charles continues.

"Which you are." She replies and I laugh, earning a stern look from him.

"Sometimes. But we've talked about this, Raven. A small slipup is one thing. A big one does not bear thinking about."

"Raven, what is your natural form?!" I ask again, impatient. She suddenly turns blue with fire red hair, and a cool skin pattern.

"See...I told you I'm a freak." She sighs, changing back.

"Raven you're beautiful! That was amazing and honestly the coolest thing I have ever seen!" I praise.

"Well Y/n, what can you do?" She grins and Charles stops doing whatever he was doing.

"Well, I guess I'm a telepath, I can hear thoughts. I can move things with my mind. I guess can make people forget things, freeze time sometimes, only if I'm angry. I think I have enhanced intellect, and that's it." I say a little dazed.

"Wow! That's awesome!" Raven chides.

"What about you Charles?"

"Well, I'm a telepath. I can read thoughts, control minds, freeze time, psychic abilities, enhanced intellect, mental projection..." He trails off.

"We're so similar and didn't even know it, although your mental powers seem way stronger than mine." I admit. "I...I thought I was alone."

"You're not alone Y/n." Charles tells me. Raven leave us, going into her room to get changed

"So you're the guy with the whole genetic mutations theory, about people like us." I smile and he nods.

"Yes I am, and you're the one with the theory about how genetic mutations can affect the personality." He reciprocates.

"You know my work?" I ask confused.

"Of course, you're Y/n Aquila, getting one less PhD than me." Charles laughs.

"Well I don't want to be an overachiever." I joke back and we laugh. I've never seen Charles like this, relaxed. He's friendly, different from what Raven says.

"May I?" I ask at the paper he's writing, taking a seat next to him on their couch.

"Oh, it's my dissertation, of course." He hands me the paper and I begin to read. His work is truly fascinating.

"You'll get your degree for sure, Professor." I say, causing him to laugh again.

"You're smart and funny Y/n." He sounds surprised.

"Well, she is my best friend." Raven comes out of her room in a robe. "Would you date me?" She changes the subject.

"Of course I would. Any young would be lucky to have you. You are stunning." He replies, not looking up from his work.

"Looking like this?" She asks.

"I would." I reply.

"Like... What?" He finally looks up. "Blue? You're my oldest friend." He answers.

"I'm your only friend." She corrects.

"No, I have Y/n now." He replies.

"Hey, we've had classes together for years, and now you speak to me?" I roll my eyes. "We don't qualify as friends.

"Charles, you're not taking my best friend...but would you date me." She presses.

"I'm incapable of thinking of you that way. You're... I feel responsible for you. Anything else would just feel wrong." He coldly replies.

"But what if you didn't know me?" She pressures him again, causing me to get uncomfortable.

"Unfortunately, I do know you. God, I don't know what's gotten into you lately. You're awfully concerned with your looks." He snaps and Raven looks disappointed.

"I-I should probably get going." I stand abruptly.

"No, Y/n you can stay, we have so much to catch up about. You belong here." She smiles.

"Raven I don't know if that's a good idea. Where do you live?" Charles asks me.

"Oh just a few blocks away." I answer. "It's alright Raven, I'll see you tomorrow." I smile and leave them, thinking of all the things to come.

I never thought I would feel less alone in this world, and here I am.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

70K 1.2K 24
Jasmine-Mae 'Jas' Carter is a mutant. She has telepathy, telekinesis and invisibility, although nobody knows about her mutations. She's a student at...
113K 1.9K 15
Y/n was a typical introverted, shy guy. Still, when he finds out that he and his sister are both mutants, they are sent to the Charles Xavier school...
8.8K 242 13
"She was never afraid of his darkness or the demons who danced in his eyes. He thought no one could ever love him if he revealed what lurks inside...
38.8K 659 31
All my life I've been hiding, hiding who I am from everyone, afraid of myself. I didn't get attached to anyone because I was afraid of hurting them. ...