Son of the Boss

Door MB2697

⟡ ⟡ ⟡ His eyes seem to glaze over as something unsettling flashes across his face. I don't know what it is bu... Meer

R O L E P L A Y
San Diego
Alessio
New Girl
Crossfire
Chances
Morning After
Romano
Masquerade
Sweet Eighteen
Welcome Home
Omertà
Forgive and Forget
Brothers
Vendetta
You
Thirst
Promotion
New York
Betrayed
Heartbreak
Secrets
Mine
Graduation
Promise
Leverage
Goodbye Friend
Traitor
RIP
Happily Ever After...?
Epilogue
Author's Note

Acceptance

1.8K 52 8
Door MB2697

-Night of the Masquerade-

A L E S S I O

"It has been decided. The Rossi and Romano family WILL become one."

My fingers curl around the edge of my father's desk. I can't even see straight.

Red takes over my vision and all I can picture is my fist going through the damn wall.

"Did you even think to mention this to me before you agreed to this?" I snap. He laughs and leans back in his chair.

"Why ever would I need to do that, Alessio?"

My eyes narrow. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

He groans and pushes himself up from his chair. Shadows cast across his aged face. Silver tinged hair and dark eyes.

"I still make the decisions, Alessio. I make decisions that I know are best for you and the family."

My anger flares and my fists come down against the desk without warning. He doesn't even flinch.

"I will not marry that, bitch."

He laughs and lights a cigar. "You will because I ordered it. The contract has been signed."

The urge to punch him right now is so fucking unreal.

He continues, "I'm sure you are worried about the pretty little vixen you've had around here. You're welcome to keep doing as you wish but keep your focus on your soon-to-be bride."

"What are you talking about?" I lie. I don't want him to even think about Olivia. The thought of him looking at her made me sick knowing his past.

"The pretty little girl with the blue eyes that has been running around here. Is she just another whore from the club?"

"Don't talk about her like that. She's not a whore."

He snickers, "Have your fun, son. I was your age once, don't forget it."

"What do we even get out of this, Adolfo? What is the point? This has never even been a thought for us with the Rossi family."

"More than half profit and several ports we have never had access to before. The Rossi family has expanded and have even moved into France and a few places in Russia. We need to grow, Alessio. It's important for the family to have enough security."

I sit there and sigh. Defeat settling in fast.

I stand up from the chair and turn my back to him.

"Fine. I'll do it."

O L I V I A

The engine turns off and I look over at Mateo. His dark eyes soft as he stares at me silently.

My heart was aching and the lump in my throat hadn't gone away. I didn't understand what was going on with Alessio.

We didn't even really know each other. Why would he say he's falling in love?

Was...Was I falling in love with him too? Can it really happen so quickly?

"Miss Moore?" Mateo's voice breaks the silence.

I look over sadly, "Can I ask you something?"

"Yes?"

"Should I worry about him? About Alessio?" I ask nervously.

He smiles and reaches out with a reassuring hand on my forearm. "He knows what he's doing. Give him some credit."

I nod but the hurt is still very clear on my face. I climb out from the passenger side and take my bags from Mateo. He waits patiently as I walk into my home and find mom moving around in the kitchen.

"Olivia?" She calls out.

"Yeah!" I yell up to her. "It's me. I'm home a little early."

I carry my bags towards my room and notice the smell of cigarettes. Mom only smokes when something is going on.

"Everything alright?" I ask and walk out to meet her.

She tries to smile but it doesn't meet the eyes. "Of course, dear. Just figuring out things with your father's job."

"What's going on?" I worry.

She motions for me to sit next to her and wraps her arms around me on the sofa.

"The deal with the Romano family may be a bust. Daniel doesn't think Mr. Romano was feeling confident in the investment."

I completely forgot my dad was having a business meeting with him.

"Did something go wrong during the dinner?"

"It went really well," She nods and rubs my shoulder. "He was a very nice man, a lot older than I expected, but he was very kind and seemed intrigued by the business but just left a lot of questions on everyone's minds before he left."

"What will happen now? If it falls through?"

She sighs a little. "I can always pick up a job. I know it's been awhile for me but I have no problem even working at the supermarket."

"No, mom. I can help out," I smile at her. "I start my new job at the coffee shop."

"We'd never expect you to pay bills."

"I'd be happy to still help." I snuggled into her side.

She pulls back and looks at me. Her eyes suddenly full of excitement. "I think you should save your money for college."

My brows furrow. "What do you mean?"

She passes me an envelope and waits patiently as I scan the blank ink scrawled across.

Cornell University

A gasp escapes me as I look up at her in shock. I tear into it and start reading immediately.

Mom grows impatient."Well?"

"I got in!"

She gives me a tight squeeze and the two of us joyously laugh together as we read it over again.I can't believe this is my first acceptance letter and from my first choice!

"Baby! I'm so so proud of you," She says proudly and kisses my cheek. "You're going to be amazing! My artist."

I roll my eyes and stare at it. As excited as I should be, I can't stop thinking about Alessio.

I hadn't been in San Diego very long but it was already growing on me.

The front door suddenly opens and I hear my dad kick off his shoes against the hard floor as he comes up the stairs. "How are my girls?"

Mom looks over at me. "Olivia has some big news."

I hand him the letter, "I got accepted!"

"That is so great, Liv. I knew you could do it!" He gives me a tight hug and looks at the both of us. "Pizza for dinner?"

Mom applauds that idea and pulls her phone out to place the order.

"How was your day, dear? Any updates?" She asks as she types.

"Really great actually," He starts and removes his suit jacket. "Romano accepted and we came to an agreement."

My interest peaks. "He did? Mom had mentioned he was having cold feet."

"A few doubts, sure." Dad acknowledges. "Mr. Romano brought his youngest son with him to this meeting and he was actually the one who was very persistent that we close the deal. He even doubled what they wanted to put in."

"What was his name?"

"Something Italian like his father. Started with an 'A'."

"Alessio." I say robotically.

"That's it! Alessio. I'll need to give him a call tomorrow to thank him for his contribution."

The thought of Alessio and his father technically owning my dad's business made my stomach sick.

I tried to focus on anything but him though for the rest of the night. We ate way too much pizza and spent some time watching bad horror movies from the 70's and 80's. I realized my parents had eventually passed out on the catch and headed upstairs.

As I reached my room, I looked down and spotted a text message from Kimberly.

Do you know what's up with Austin? He won't respond to anyone.

Seeing his name made my stomach hurt all over again. I typed out my lie and hit send.

I'm not sure. He walked me home and that was it.

I frown and toss the phone to the bed. I just wanted this damn day to be over.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

The next morning I felt like I was in a complete daze as I walked with Kimberly to school. It was almost as if a dark cloud was hanging over my head with all the lies I had conjured up regarding my interaction with Austin.

If I had it my way, Austin would never come near me again.

"Are you excited for tonight?" Kimberly smiles at me.

"Yeah!" I reply and try to focus on the thought of working my first shift. "Any tips?"

"Nope! Just be you and don't stress. It's super easy and you get free drinks every shift." She winked and bumped her hip against mine.

"Hey! Hey! "

We both turn around at the sound of Sierra's cheerful voice. She's shockingly wearing a girly sundress and has makeup on.

I don't think I've seen her in anything aside from leggings or oversized shirts.

"You look so cute!"

She curtsies and perks up. "I have big news!"

"What news?" Kimberly asks, almost sounding annoyed.

"I have a boyfriend! It happened last night."

Kimberly narrows her eyes. "Why didn't you call me? Who is it? When did you start actually liking BOYS?"

"Calm down!" Sierra playfully punches Sierra's shoulder. "It was a long night and I was tired but I am actually with A-"

Just as she is about to finish, Austin pops up next to her and wraps his arm around her waist.

"Hey cutie!" She cheers and kisses him.

I want to fucking puke.

Kimberly laughs, "Wow! I guess I can't say I am shocked."

Sierra blushes a deep red and Austin kisses her cheek.

"Congratulations," I mutter out to the two of them.

Austin looks up at me and smiles. It makes me feel ill. "Thank you, Olivia."

My head starts to play the scene all over again. His hot breath on me, mouth against mine, hands all over. The aggression and pain.

My stomach turns. I am going to puke.

"I'm not feeling so good. I'll see you later."

I dash down the hall without another word and am grateful when I find the bathroom empty. I hurl myself into the closest stall and puke violently into the toilet.

My head starts to pound and I rest it against the cool of the metal. I sit there on the floor for a minute as several girls come and go from the bathroom.

I eventually muster enough strength to stand and walk towards the sink.

"Olivia...can I talk to you?"

I glance up from the sink and look over to where Sierra is standing. She looks concerned.

"What's up?" I ask weakly.

She leans against the wall and looks at the floor. "I just wanted to check on you. I wasn't sure if you were mad at me or something after I told you about Austin."

"No. You've done nothing."

"Alright, I just wanted to make sure because Austin told me you liked him and got upset when he turned you down the other night."

Now I'm fucking pissed. "I do NOT like Austin. That's a bullshit lie and it never happened."

Sierra cringes from my reaction. "I'm sorry! I don't want to start any problems. I'm just relaying what he told me."

I sigh deeply and run my fingers through my hair. "I don't like Austin at all, Sierra. Be with him and be happy."

I look up at her and suddenly she's wrapping her arms around me and squeezing my body against her. "You're a good friend, Olivia."

I smile a bit and let myself hug her back. My heart is squeezing with the need to tell her the truth.

I'm not as good as you think.

The rest of the day moves in slow motion. Each class is long and boring. I try to stay buried in my art as the teachers discuss final prep for tests coming up as we enter the last few months of the school year.

To make things worse... Alessio hasn't shown up at all. I haven't even seen Beto today.

"You ready?" Kimberly asks as we exit the school.

Nerves start to take over as I think about starting my new job. I need the distraction though, something to keep my mind off of everything.

"Let's do this!"

The two of us take our time enjoying the weather and chatting as we make the walk to the cute little coffee shop a few blocks away. We round the corner and I hear the faint sound of indie music drifting from inside.

"Hey Tucker!" Kimberly shouts out.

She tosses me an apron and I slip it on. I look around and try to finally admire it's pleasing aesthetic.

It is a small cafe which really brings on the personal and intimate feel. Lots of tiny twinkling lights hang from the ceiling.

Most of the customers seem to be your on-the-go business type or hipsters in their twenties that come to blog about their feelings or strum a tiny ukulele with their friends in the corner of the store.

The back door to the kitchen swings open and Tucker steps through. He smiles brightly at the both of us.

He's very attractive, I won't lie, he has gorgeous ginger curls and big brown eyes. Not to mention, the cutest smile that is just a little too cocky.

"Hey ladies!" He greets and hands us our name tags. "How are you feeling about your first day, Olivia?"

"Pretty good! A little nervous though."

"You'll do great," He promises and slide onto the counter. "Today is a slow one so Kim here will just show you the ropes."

I smile at him a little and feel butterflies flutter around in my stomach.

"I'm going to handle some stuff in the back. Let me know if you need anything

Kim waits until he leaves and bumps my hip. "You like him!"

"Shut up! I do not!"

The two of us laugh together and continue our childish game of bumping into one another just as a voice interrupts us.

"Excuse me"

My heart flutters when I hear his familiar Italian accent. I look up and find Alessio leaning against the counter. His dark hair perfectly brushed from his eyes and a smirk on his face.

H-hi...."I say awkwardly and glance at Kim.

She ignores me and leans over the counter towards him. "How can we help you, sir?"

"Nothing, thank you. Can I borrow Olivia?" He asks and keeps his eyes locked on me.

Kim gives me a mischievous smile but waves her hand for me to follow him. I can practically feel her eyes burning holes into my back as I follow him around the counter and towards a sofa nestled in the back of the cafe near the bookcases.

"Are you okay?" I ask him

He sighs and pulls me onto his laugh without a warning. His mouth nuzzles into my neck as he wraps his arms tightly around me.

"I missed you."

Frustration flares through me and I push back. "I don't think so, Alessio. You need to explain what happened the other night."

His jaw flexes and he looks away. "I'm sorry...I had some unexpected business to tend to. I shouldn't have left you in the dark."

"That's not all...you said...you said you love me?"

He smiles and looks back up at me with his black eyes. "I did, yes."

"That was a joke? Right?"

"No, it wasn't." He says sternly. Almost seeming offended by my assumption.

" How do you know? We barely know each other, Alessio."

He picks my hand up and kisses each finger. "Are you saying you deny feelings you have for me?"

My breath comes out shaky. "No...I just...I-"

He continues to kiss my hand and looks back up at me patiently.

What the fuck did I feel? I couldn't deny what was there.

He was my every thought. Since the day I saw Alessio he had consumed my mind...my dreams...everything was him.

Was this what love is for some people? Love at first sight?

"You don't have to tell me right now," He interjected. "Just know I meant it."

"You confuse me,"I groan out and pull my hand back. "You are so damn frustrating."

He grabs my face in his hands and presses his mouth to mine in a heated kiss. I feel myself getting wrapped up in the moment before realizing where we were.

"I can't do that here. I'm at work."

He smiles against my mouth and pulls back. "I'll see you later, love. Enjoy the rest of your first day."

I watch silently as he stands up and makes his exit. My heart pounding in my chest and a thousand thoughts running through my head.

How the fuck was I going to focus on training now?

"Done making out?"

"Ahh!" I shout and clutch at my chest as Kimberly comes into view. "I'm sorry! He's gone."

"Good!" She tosses me a rag. "Get to work, bitch."

My first shift at the cafe goes a lot quicker than expected but I actually had a lot of fun.

Kimberly wasn't a bad trainer and to my surprise Tucker had mentioned I was already picking up on quite a bit.

By the time the last customer had left for the day, Kimberly and I were just about done wiping down the tables and chairs.

"Great first day!" Tucker praises.

I smile at him, "Thank you!"

Kimberly anxiously looks down at her phone. "Do you mind if I leave a few minutes early? I have some crap going on at home."

"Sure. You okay with that, Olivia?" Tucker looks over at me.

"Of course. I'll see you later, Kim."

She gives me a thankful smile and a quick kiss on the cheek before tossing her apron to the counter and running out the door. I go back to scrubbing down the sticky coffee stains on the counter as Tucker walks up to my side.

"How are you liking it so far?"

"I honestly really like it."

"You did a great job,"He smiles and gives me that fluttery feeling again. "Want to continue the week working with Kimberly on her shift?"

"I'd love that."

He grins at me and walks away for a moment to grab the store keys. I take my time to admire him and his appeal.

He kind of had that bad boy look to him but a baby face. He had slipped into a leather motorcycle jacket that looked faded and had a pair of tattered jeans on with his combat boots.

Despite the Sons of Anarchy look he was trying to go for he seemed like a really nice, genuine guy.

"I'm glad the old man hired you on," Tucker says randomly and starts flipping lights off. "I think you are going to be a great addition to the team."

My cheeks blush. "Me too."

I toss my apron and name tag to the bin by the counter and grab my items as the two of us walk to the door. He pulls it open and I wait patiently as the wind blows around wildly in the night.

He puts the keys in his pockets and just stares at me awkwardly for a moment.

"What's up?"

He looks away, "Nothing...it's nothing."

I nude his shoulder, "You can tell me! I know I'm new and all, but I swear I am a good listener and I don't judge."

"I don't want to sound unprofessional, but I was just admiring how beautiful you are."

I can feel my cheeks heat up immediately. I open my mouth to say something but he speaks before I can.

"I'm sorry! That was completely out of line. I just... I shouldn't have-"

I put my hand on his shoulder, "Tucker, it's fine. I would be a liar if I didn't admit I find you attractive as well."

He relaxes a bit under my touch and nods. "Well, have a good night, Olivia."

Tucker turns and heads down the sidewalk towards a beat up looking focus parked against the curb.

I look back at the cafe and towards the walk ahead. I couldn't help but wear a smile the entire walk home.

I was so happy. So, so happy!

I felt like I was on top of the world and I never wanted this to end. Everything finally felt right.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

A/N 

Hey everyone! Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry for such a quick and short update compared to the last one but I wanted to have some time to work on chapter 9 before returning back to work.  It seems our Olivia is starting to have some new feelings for Tucker! Not to mention Alessio saying he loves her and distancing himself? The arranged marriage with Monica? Austin dating Sierra? Lot's and lot's of new things to uncover and tackle coming up soon. Plus, you are all going to get a deeper look at Olivia's past soon when we start to talk about the encounter she had when she was 12 back in New York.  This is actually a super important event for later, don't forget it!
If you've stayed with me this far just know I appreciate you taking the time to read my first project and work with me as I roll out new chapters! Happy reading! 

Here is an image I wanted to also include of my vision for Tucker. We love a cute ginger boy!

-MB

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

11.9M 343K 76
** Currently in the progress of being rewritten :)** - Angel Romano was known for his ruthless ways. They said he was a supposed duplicate of his fat...
15.6K 404 35
You know the feeling when the whole world turns against you? When no one listens to you nor acknowledge you? And then in the end your all alone, well...
12.2M 368K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...
1.4M 39.4K 44
[Originally published in 2018 but deleted twice in 2021] [This is the first book of the "Mrs. Mafia" trilogy] Arabella Bianchi was born into the mafi...