fearless

lolstark által

"Beware: For I am fearless, and therefore powerful." -- Scarlett isn't scared of anything, so a treasure hun... Több

cast + epigraph
trigger warning {PLEASE READ}
playlist
one; screw off aggie
two; straight smugglin'
three; big, fat, stupid crush
four; don't be suspicious
five; unlucky death compass
six; i'll tell on you
eight; you punched a shark?
nine; brain damage n' shit
ten; we protect each other
eleven; shape up, full kook, steal drinks
twelve; honorary kook's honor
thirteen; scarlett, two t's
fourteen; the sting
fifteen; positive as ever
sixteen; let's talk about selfish
seventeen; lean on me
eighteen; don't han solo me
nineteen; not today
twenty; this is your best life
twenty one; steady hands
epilogue
sequel

seven; delightful little nerd

6.3K 139 126
lolstark által

By mid day, the Pogues are out on the boat, killing time. Lettie has another shift at the Wreck, but not until the evening. John B in his captain's chair, Jj sitting on the bow, Pope on one side and Kiara and Lettie on the other. Lettie is practically purring as Kiara twists her hair into two braids.

Jj whistles, getting everyone's attention, "You guys see that?" He asks, staring ahead at a boat approaching. Lettie internally groans, at the familiar vessel, "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance, 200K. Easily."

"We picked the wrong parents," Pope states.

Lettie and Kiara share a look as they see whos aboard the boat, and Kiara turns to the boys, "I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend."

Lettie stays silent as she and Topper make eye contact, too many words said and even more left unsaid between the pair. The two boats pass each other, and no one says anything until Kiara calls out, "You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch!" Lettie knows Kiara doesn't like Sarah, but she's never told her the story why.

Scoffing, Lettie looks at her best friend, "Which one were you talking to?"

Kiara ties off the elastic on Lettie's second braid, "Remember when you were friends with him?"

"You were friends with Topper?" Pope harshly asks, his brows furrowed as he stares at the blue eyed girl. Lettie frowns, why does he care so much?

"For maybe a month," Lettie confirms, "Our Moms are pretty close. Then you guys adopted me and like a petty girlfriend, Topper gave the most amazing friendship ultimatum."

"You chose right," Jj states, holding his arms out and motioning to the group of friends, "Clearly."

Lettie smiles, winking at her boyfriend where he sits on the bow, "I know."

The french girl had met the Pogues at a party just a few weeks after she had moved to the Outer Banks. But, Jj and John B had run into her earlier that day, when the island had been experiencing a particularly good swell.

Lettie, the only girl out in the lineup, had just wiped out. And her only friend, Topper, refused to join her on the side of the island she was hitting. Paddling into line, Lettie sat up on her board, watching as a surfer with long brown hair started to paddle after a wave.

"Pretty bad wipe out," A voice beside her said, snapping Lettie's attention. She raised a brow at the blond beside her, "Better luck next time."

Lettie didn't like him. In fact, she hated how smug he sounded. So, she didn't say anything back, she just fixed her gaze back on the horizon and waited. Patiently. It only took a few minutes for the blond boy's turn to catch a wave came, and when it did, Lettie paddled after him. The wave forming was lifting high, signalling that it would be one of the best of the day. At first, he had shouted at her to stop, not wanting her to snake his wave, but he asked for it. So, Lettie dug her arms deep into the water, throwing it back behind her as she paddled aggressively, cutting the boy off from the wave. He didn't know how she was so fast. She could hear him swear as she stood up on her board with ease, dropping into a bottom turn. Lettie carved into the wave, she prepared herself to show-off, so that's what she did. She could hear the boys behind her cheering as she snapped off-the-lip a few times. Then, Lettie lifted her eyes to see the wave about to break. So, she bent her knees, willing the board towards it. Sure enough, when she hit it, she was airborne. Aerials were her specialty, especially in competition. The brunette gripped her board as she spun through the air, and landed roughly back on the water. She smirked to herself, bailing from the wave. The other surfers were silent at first, not quite believing what they had seen. Then, all at once, they broke out into a chorus of cheers. This girl that none of them had ever seen before, just landed a rodeo flip.

Lettie paddled back, returning to her spot beside the blond surfer, "Better luck next time," She said with a wink before turning to paddle to shore.

Astonished, the blond boy waved over his best friend, watching the girl as she glides over the water, "John B," He said, shaking his head slightly, "I think I'm in love."

"Dude," John B nods, still in disbelief, "Me too. A Rodeo flip. Holy shit."

That night, Lettie had decided to go for a walk, wanting an excuse to leave the house and further avoid unpacking her room. As she strolled, kicking a pebble in front of her, the night sky illuminating the streets, Lettie heard music. Furrowing her brows, Lettie followed the sound, eventually finding a stretch of beach filled with teenagers. Lettie grins as she looks around, seeing a keg and a massive bonfire, as well as people just enjoying the night. Lettie slowly walked around the edge of the gathering, just observing. Then, she spied a familiar face on a log by the fire. She had gotten a job at a restaurant, The Wreck, the week before, and one of her coworkers, Kiara, or Kiera, Lettie couldn't remember, was staring at her. Lettie awkwardly lifted her hand in a wave, and the other brunette does the same. Causing the blond beside her to whip his head in the direction of the gesture. Lettie turns away before she can fully examine her friends, but the boy, Jj, doesn't believe it. He doesn't say a word to his friends as he stands, crossing the beach to stand next to the girl, who had moved to stare out onto the water.

"Uh, hi,"Jj said, bringing Lettie's striking blue eyes to meet his, "Were you out surfing today?"

"Yeah, why?" Lettie smirked, a playful glint in her eye, "You want lessons?"

Jj, once again, was left astonished. He shook it off, holding out his hand for the girl, "I'm Jj."

Lettie smiled at him, gripping his hand in a firm shake, "I'm Scarlett. Call me Lettie."

"I don't know if you remember, but you snaked my wave today."

"I hope you aren't asking me to apologize, because you kind of deserved it."

Jj shook his head, "No! No, you did a rodeo flip! It was badass. Where did you learn to surf like that?"

Lettie shrugged, "I've surfed forever, I just kind of figured it out."

"What are you doing in the Outer banks?" Jj asked.

"You're just full of questions, aren't you, Jj?"

"I'm a curious guy."

Playfully, Lettie rolled her eyes, "I just moved here a few weeks ago," She paused, "You know what? This place is really weird. Someone told me I looked like a kook, even though I'm apparently on the cut, and I have no freakin' idea where a figure eight is."

Jj looks down at her, a goofy grin on his face, Lettie's expression matches it she couldn't help it. He was cute, "Come on," Jj said, "You need to meet my friends."

Lettie doesn't realize she's day dreaming until Kiara's laugh brings her back to reality, Jj had said something ridiculous about the kooks. Laughing along like she hadn't zoned out, Lettie smiles at her friends. John B continues down the marina until they decide to head back to the dock, they have important things to do today.

---

As the volkswagen van pulls up to one of the many fancy hotels on the Outer Banks, particularly the one Jj works at, Lettie frowns. It isn't fair that the kooks have power, and the cut remains lantern lit after Aggie.

"All right," Jj says as John B puts the van in park, "Gotta keep a look out, we're behind enemy lines."

Then, Jj picks up the gun, and Lettie rolls her eyes. So does John B, "Yo, come on man, just put it back."

"You can never be too careful," Jj shrugs.

Lettie looks over at Kiara, "How have we not buried that thing somewhere yet?" She asks, earning a shrug from her brown eyed friend.

Pope is the first one to exit the back of the van, immediately moving to lean on the passenger's side window, beside the blond boy, "Hey," Pope says, "I predict that bringing a weapon to a four star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve."

"Thank you, Pope," John B mutters. Lettie gets out of the van, eyes fixed on the ground, which is very un-gun-like.

Seeing her best friend uncomfortable, Kiara leans to the front of the van, "I swear to god, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, Jj. Put it back."

John B grabs the pistol, tucking it away earning a grumble of protest from Jj, who digs in his bag for a small piece of plastic, "Can't forget my badge," He says, getting out of the van, "Professional busboy!"

Lettie follows her friends towards the building, as Pope asks, "So, where are we going now?"

"We, young Pogie," Lettie starts, looping her arm through Pope's, who stiffens immediately, not knowing what to do with the random touch, "Are going on the internet, because rich people are the only ones who have electricity."

Jj leads the group into the hotel through the employee entrance, and through the kitchen, where he greets a few people and gets his hand smacked when he tries to steal some food off of a plate. Lettie catches up with him as they reach the lobby.

He immediately takes her hand, linking their fingers together, "See how they have the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat."

Lettie's other hand goes to Jj's forearm, holding it as the walk, "We have a generator."

"Yeah, why do you think I'm at your house all the time?" Jj nods, a smirk on his lips, "It's all about that sweet, sweet, AC. Best purchase your parents ever made."

"I thought you came over because, I don't know, I'm your girlfriend and you like me a little?" Lettie teases as they turn a corner.

"Meh," Jj shrugs, "You're okay," Lettie fake-gasps, giving his arm a light slap. He just smiles, and shakes his head. Jj drops her hand as they finally reach the room with the computers.

Pope rushes past the entire group, jogging up to the desktop, "Sweet Lord, the internet! I've missed you," Lettie smiles as she calmly enters the room, Jj closing the door once they're all there.

"Awe," Lettie says, a grin on her face as she drags out the sound, "You're just a delightful little nerd, aren't you?" This earns a fat glare from Pope.

"Let me get in there, gotta check out my insta models," Jj announces. Lettie turns, raising a brow at him, he reads her expression and widens his eyes, "Which I definitely don't follow."

Lettie drops the expression and laughs, "I'm joking, J. You have your models, I have Tom Holland's post notifications on, we're fine."

"Hey Guys," Kiara calls, getting the attention of the couple, "We don't really have time for this."

John B pulls the map out from his backpack, slapping it down on the desk for Pope, who types down the coordinates as John B reads the numbers. Hitting enter, the group crowds around the computer screen, watching as the earth program zooms in on their island, a small red pin falling onto the map.

"Boom, continental shelf right there!" John B cheers.

Pope looks over at his friend, "Okay, well if it's off the deep end it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it?"

Pope continues to zoom in on the pin, Lettie feels anticipation building in her chest as she zones in as well. Reading the numbers on the screen, she smiles, clapping a hand onto John B's shoulder, "JB! That's the high side!"

Grinning, John B looks over at the blue eyed girl, "Only nine hundred feet!"

Jj looks between the two, "Yeah, that's not too deep."

"Is that doable, or something?" Kiara asks, looking up at the blond.

He nods, "Totally doable."

"Okay, will we be taking your personal submarine?" Pope asks, his tone dripping with sarcasm. Sometimes Pope's consistent pessimism gets on Lettie's nerves, he says he's just being realistic.

"How do you know this, Mr. Dive Master?" John B asks.

"The salvage yard," Jj explains, "They got a drone that can drop one thousand. It has a 360 camera and everything. It's for like deep dives, and stuff. It's exactly what we need."

"Can your dad get his grimy little hands on that?" Lettie as to hold herself back from rolling her eyes at the mention of Jj's dad. She's never met him, but she knows everything she needs to know about the man.

"Well, my dad got his grimy little hands got his ass fired," Jj states, putting his hands in his pockets, "I guess the salvage captain frowns on getting shit faced, turns out. But the drone's there. It's in the impound yard out back."

Kiara speaks up, "How much did you say was on the Royal Merchant, again?"

Lettie, Jj, and John B all say the same thing at the same time, "Four hundred million."

Now, with fire lit under their asses, Pope and Kiara stand up and rush to the door, the hippie girl repeating the number, Pope moving to block off the door.

"No, absolutely not," He says.

Lettie rolls her eyes, walking up and easily moving him away from the door, "You're no fun, Pope," She grumbles, the rest of her friends following her out the door.

Pope hovers in the room, "Can't we do anything legal for money?"

--

The Pogues scramble back to the van, a pan in their mind to get the drone from the salvage yard as they drive back to The Cut. John B drives while Kiara sits shotgun, fiddling with the radio and trying to find one of the stations Lettie has preset in the Bug, Pope sits on one of the benches, Jj and Lettie on the floor, the latter of which is concentrating on finishing a blunt.

With her blue eyes fixed on the newly made cigarette in her hands, Lettie examines her seal, trying to figure out if it'll hold or not. However, Pope anxiously shaking his leg across from her is extremely distracting.

"Hey," Lettie says, getting Pope's attention, she nods to his leg, "Calme-tu, s'il te plait (Calm down, please)."

He stops his shaking, but the tension doesn't leave him. John B looks at his friend in the rear view mirror, sensing the tension, "Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it," John B says, trying to reassure the brainiac. Lettie licks the seal again, trying to get it to stick.

Pope's gaze is fixed out the window, "Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality."

Analyzing her work, Lettie raises a brow, "Big brain," She mutters, deciding the seal will hold.

"Did you come up with that?" John B asks.

Pope shakes his head slightly, "No, Albert Bernstein came up with that, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing," John B lets out a small 'oh' and Pope turns around in his chair, "So which is it?" He questions, "Fantasy or reality?"

Jj, who had been staring at Lettie the entire time she'd been rolling a blunt, doesn't move his eyes from the girl, "Why are you so weird, Pope?" He asks, and Lettie looks up, shooting him an amused smile.

Ignoring the blond's comment, Kiara speaks up, "It's fantasy, but possible reality."

"Reality," John B states.

Lettie hands the blunt over to Jj, nodding her head, "I second that," She says, watching as Jj quickly examines her work before happily popping one end of it in his mouth. The brunette genuinely has no idea why Jj asks her to roll all of his blunts, but she doesn't mind. It means he'll share.

Jj pulls out his zippo, igniting it, "Virtual reality," He mumbles, about to light up when Pope snatches the blunt from his mouth and flicks it across the van.

"Keep the signal clear," He states. Jj snaps his zippo closed, irritation clear on his features.

Lettie frowns, picking it up and grumbling, "You just watched me roll that you little-" But before she can finish her sentence, Kiara turns up the radio slightly as the van slows to a stop, the brakes squealing. Still annoyed, Lettie opens the door of the van, getting out as Jj starts to bicker with Pope. She walks around to the driver's side, Kiara meeting her there.

John B looks between the two girls, "Hey don't worry," He says, a reassuring smile on his face, "You guys got this."

With smirks on their faces, the pair do their handshake, the two finger salute ending it. Lettie's smirk quickly grows into a smile, Kiara has that effect on her. The brown eyed brunette looks back to John B, Jj and Pope still arguing loudly in the back, "It's not us that I'm worried about," She states, gesturing to the van.

The pair of girls turn to the car that is waiting for them on the other side of the street. It's an easy plan. They're towing the HMS Pogue out to the water but, oh no! Flat tire. Two clueless girls who need a man's help. It's annoying that it works so well.

Lettie gets into the passenger's seat and buckles in, pulling down her v-neck crop top to show off just a touch more cleavage, turning, she sees Kiara giving her an odd look, Lettie points at her, "You can't judge me."

Kiara starts the car, laughing slightly, "I didn't say anything."

As they start to pull away from the van that contains the boys, Lettie lets her curiosity get the best of her, "So," She starts, raising a brow, "Has anything happened with you and JB since you kissed?"

Kiara hesitates, it isn't a long pause, but it's enough to make Lettie suspicious, "Yeah."

"Spill it, Kie."

"Look, Let, the timing isn't right, okay? He was freaking out. I just kind of brushed him off."

Lettie's eyes widen and she turns her upper body to face the brown eyed girl next to her, "Are you kidding me?!"

"Look, it may work for you and Jj, but I don't think I want to risk it," Kiara explains, and Lettie frowns, leaning back in her seat, "Rules are rules."

Shaking her head, Lettie resents the stupid pogue handbook John B had made up, "That rule is so stupid."

"So you've said."

"Sérieusement, (Seriously)," Lettie says, "All it does is get in the way."

Kiara shrugs as they pull up to he salvage yard's gate, "Maybe, but John B is my best friend. I just can't risk it," Kiara puts the car in park, turning to look at the blue eyed girl beside her, "You ready?"

Lettie nods, pausing for a second, "So, am I helpless french ditz or high surfer chick?"

"Helpless french ditz might be the move."

Laughing, Lettie looks at her best friend, "Je ne parle pas anglais. (I don't speak english)."

The pair of girls get out of the car, and Lettie's gaze goes to the small security office, looks like the guard isn't paying attention. Kiara hands Lettie a bobby pin, Lettie bends it, and uses it to let some of the air out of one of Kie's back tires. Once it's done, Lettie tucks the distorted metal into the pocket of her shorts, sending Kiara a firm nod.

Taking the signal, Kiara walks towards the office shouting, "Excuse me?!" While Lettie pretends to inspect the tire.

When the guard exits his office, Lettie slowly approaches, taking her spot beside Kiara just as he says, "Can I help you?"

"Hi!" Kiara chirps, "Um, actually, my friend and I have a flat tire."

Lettie nods, a matching fake-smile taking over her face, "Si ce plan fonctionne, je serai vraiment surpris, (If this plan works, I'll genuinely be surprised.)" It doesn't really matter what Lettie says, pushing the words out as fast as she can to make them hard to catch. Kiara barely understands her and the guard looks confused as the quick foreign words leave her lips.

Seeing the look of confusion on his face, Kiara gestures to her friend, "Sorry, she doesn't speak english, but she just asked if you could, maybe, help us out?"

Looking between the two girls, the guard slowly nods his head, "Yeah," He says, turning back to his office.

"Yeah?" Kiara echoes, her voice still high.

"Yeah," The guard disappears, moving back to his office to open the gate.

Lettie smirks, turning to her friend and holding up her fist, "It's too easy," She mutters.

Kiara nods, bumping her knuckles against Lettie's, "Tell me about it."

The guard comes out a second later, the gate open and an air compressor in his hand. The pair of girls lead him to the tire Lettie had messed with, Kiara explaining while Lettie hovers, not saying anything to the man. Lettie looks around, her eyes peeled for the boys. Sure enough, they run through the gate and Lettie smiles to herself, saying a few random sentences, Kiara nodding as if she understands.

The guard connects his compressor to the tire, starting to fill it. Lettie sees him look up at the girls briefly, Kiara asking, "Got it?" He nods, and goes back to work.

Then, the barking starts.

Lettie's eyes widen for a second, realizing there's a security dog that definitely found John B, Pope, and Jj.

Sure enough, the guard hears it too, "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Kiara responds, and the guard stands.

Shit. "Bien sûr, il y a un chien. Pourquoi n'y aurait-il pas de chien? (Of course there's a dog. Why wouldn't there be a dog?)" Lettie asks, bringing the guard's attention to her. The words tumble out of her mouth so fast that they start to blend together.

Furrowing his brows at the girl, he stands, "Tebow's got something."

"It's probably just a raccoon, maybe, you know? Nothing to worry about," Kiara rushes out, and for a second Lettie thinks he's going to go check. But to her relief, he crouches back down and attends to the air compressor, nodding his head.

Trying to buy time, Lettie mutters something about how dumb this plan is in french before rushing to the other side of the vehicle. She takes Kiara's pin out of her pocket and shoves it into another tire, slowly letting out the air. Lettie cringes at how loud the hiss of the action is.

Then, she hears footsteps, looking up, the guard is in front of her. He looks down at her, confused, "What are you doing?" He asks.

Lettie opens her mouth, gaping at the man, trying to find an excuse. Instead, she says, "Je ne vais rien dire que tu puisses comprendre, (I'm not gonna say anything you can understand)."

The barking in the distance continues, and before Lettie can say anything else, the guard goes running past her. She hears Kiara calling after him, telling him to wait. Lettie walks up to the front of the car, trying to think of something she can do to help. But, she comes up with nothing. So, She opens the passenger side door, and gets in at the same time Kiara does.

Kiara starts the car and begins the girl's get away. Lettie huffs, feeling stupid for her attempt to buy time, "Do you think this would have gone differently if I went with high surfer chick?"

Ignoring the girl's question, Kiara drives away, and Lettie leans into the back seat, pulling her work shirt out of her backpack. Not caring who she's with, Lettie peels off her crop top, leaving her briefly in a bralette before she puts on the t-shirt. Kiara checks the time, and instead of heading to their meeting spot, Kiara takes a detour to her family's restaurant, dropping Lettie off before leaving to meet the boys.

--

The dinner rush isn't too bad this shift, and since Lettie, who has been at The Wreck since she moved to the OBX, is working, it goes extremely fast. Lettie loves working on the line, throwing meals together as people order them. Usually she switches between the line, and the window, checking that orders are right and sending them out with the waitstaff. Plus, tonight's shift is dinner until close, which meant she won't have to stay late to do prep.

Lettie eyes her coworker, Anita, as the middle aged woman talks about her kids. It's been a long five hours. Usually Lettie works with a girl who's only a year or two older than her, named Leanna, but Anita is covering for her. A shame.

As the clock ticks by, business is pretty slow, so Lettie busys herself between orders by cleaning up her station, hoping to take some of the work off of whoever the closer is tonight. Just as she finishes sanitizing the countertop, Kiara struts into the kitchen, a warm smile on her face.

"What's up, Frenchie?" The brunette asks, hopping up to sit on the counter.

"Long time, no see," Lettie teases, lightly smacking Kiara's leg with her rag, "Get down. I just cleaned that."

Kiara listens, settling for leaning against the ledge instead, "So," Kiara starts, "The boys are here. Dad said you can hook us up with whatever's gonna be thrown out. And Jj-"

"Wants shrimp and grits?" Lettie finishes, earning a nod from her friend. Predictable. "I got it. I'll bring out the buffet in a few minutes."

"Also-"

"There's more?"

"Of course there's more!" Kiara says, a teasing smile on her face, "Dad is covering the last hour of your shift, so as soon as the food is done, you're free."

Lettie smiles, her expression matching Kiara's and happiness filling her chest, "Okay, you did it. Your family just became my favourite group of people," Lettie and Kiara do their handshake, grins taking up both of their faces, "I'll bring it out soon."

It wasn't long until Lettie had whipped up meals for her friends. Like she was instructed, she tried to best to use up most of what would be thrown out when the shift ended, resulting in about four times the food her friend group needed. Plus, Jj's order of shrimp and grits. She, Kie, and two other waitresses both held as many plates as they could, Lettie making two trips. As she reenters the kitchen, she says thank you to Mike.

The brunette makes her way to where Jj sits, setting his plate down in front of him and planting a quick kiss on his cheek. She goes to move past him to the empty seat next to the blond, but instead, he pulls her down onto his lap.

She giggles, and Jj relishes in the sound, "Un peu maniable là-bas, J. (A little handsy there, J.)," Lettie teases, she eyes him for a second, a smirk on her lips as she checks him out, "Tu as l'air chaud aujourd'hui, (You look hot today)."

Jj grins, "I'm just gonna assume you said that today was a success and how insanely sexy you think I am."

Pope groans at his friend's words, "Jj. We're trying to eat."

Lettie laughs, ignoring Pope and grabbing a fry from one the plates scattered around the table, "You're half right!" She cheers, earning a squeeze from Jj's hand which rests comfortably on her hip. Lettie pulls out her phone and starts connecting to the speaker John B had been holding up since she entered the room. Eyeing it briefly, she notices that it's hers. She must have left it with Kiara.

"Really?" Jj says, his expression full of surprise, "Which half?"

Lettie navigates her spotify, looking through her playlists, eventually settling on 'For Pogue Parties Only,' and hitting shuffle. The playlist is Lettie's go-to, it basically has everybody's favourite songs, as well as a few bops by obscure artists that they felt like only they know. As soon as the first few chords of a familiar song ring out, Lettie and Pope point at each other, starting to obnoxiously sing at each other in the empty restaurant. It's his favourite. Lettie rises from Jj's lap, an air guitar in her hands as she does so. Her giggle fills the air as Pope holds an imaginary microphone up to her. John B and Kiara share an amused look, starting to dig into the food in front of them.

Jj remains confused in his chair, "Which half?" He asks himself, before taking a swig of the soda a waitress had brought him.

Eventually, most of the food is gone, and the Pogues are messing around. Lettie eggs John B on, and he throws a fry in the air. Lettie scrambles to get under it, catching it perfectly in her mouth as the song changes. It's her favourite. She cheers, high fiving her friend and starting to dance to the music, Kiara doing the same. The two girls laugh and dance with each other for a second, but then Lettie turns to face Jj.

He shakes his head at her, knowing what's coming. Pouting, Lettie holds her hand out, "Dance with me, ensoleillement!" She calls.

Unable to resist, Jj rises from his chair, taking the girl's hand and spinning her around before pulling her into him. Lettie smiles, laughs tumbling from her mouth as she wraps her arms around Jj's neck as they continue to goofily dance to the beat.

Lettie sees Kiara beckon John B towards her and she silently prays that the other brunette will come to her senses and make a move soon. But her thoughts are quickly replaced by Jj, as they usually are. His hands come to rest on her hips in a way that drives her crazy.

She grins up at him, "Decent moves... For a Pogue."

"I could say the same to you, pretty girl," Jj smirks as they continue their dance. Lettie feels her heart beating fast in her chest and she decides that on this summer night surrounded by her best friends, good food, and the boy she loves (though she refuses to tell him), Lettie is the happiest she's ever been.

---

A/N:

Thank you for reading!!!!

Please vote & comment, I want to know what you think of this chapter!

We love happy Pogues! Also while I'm writing sometimes im confused about whether this is a jj fic or if it's slowly becoming a kie fic. tbh wouldn't be mad if it was lmao, their friendship is kind of my favourite thing to write. ((besides donavan, i miss him, so there's lots of him in the next chapter lol))

Also! Lettie and Jj meeting for the first time! How fun!

I LOVE LETTIE, that's all. Thank you again, and I love you.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

202K 3.6K 37
As long as I'm here No one can hurt you JJ MAYBANK X FEM! OC PRE-SEASON ONE - SEASON ONE highest rankings! - #2 in cameron - #6 in jonathandavis - #...
12.9K 167 19
"In that moment my world falls, it can't be right. My head can't process what's going on, and I just end up hugging JJ, since we were the only ones l...
12.9K 602 7
i was filled with poison but blessed with beauty and rage 𓍢ִ໋ outer banks 𓍢ִ໋ jj maybank x fem!oc 𓍢ִ໋ season one - tbd ...
513K 3.9K 62
„meeting you was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favourite." -JJ x fem oc : John b's sister -Outer Banks stor...