Chasing Rainbows

Da weiss719

Her eye-smile that hid all the tears. His dimples that kept all the pain. Made them spend their lives chasing... Altro

1. Expecting
2. Her Life
3. His Life
4. Chicken and Beer
5. Charity Dinner
6. The Talk
7. Best Friends
8. Sandpearl
9. Water lovers
10. Maybe the Night
11. Morning
12. Waiting
13. Home
14. The Question
15. Secret Surprise
16. Whirlwind

17. Last Love

2.3K 115 20
Da weiss719

Yejin's time in Seoul was busier than she expected - what was supposedly a two-week visit became more than a month, as she became busy preparing for their wedding in December, meeting Bin's family and her friends, and just settling things in Seoul. Thankfully, she was able to manage all her obligations in Houston remotely, referring her previous patients to other ob-gyns, with Yumi's help. Her superiors understood her decision. In terms of finances, Bin shouldered everything, though she refuses sometimes, as she has enough to cover some expenses like her wedding dress and her personal expenses. Naughtily, Bin hid her cards and just gave her his card to use.

"Love, let me take care of everything. It's not as if we're married already. What mine is yours, love." Bin told her, that morning when she was to meet with Bin's noona, Hae-won for the first time for some errands and wedding prep matters. Because of Bin's busy schedule, Hae-won volunteered to help them out, accompanying Yejin and doing most of the work.

Pouting, she replied. "It's just that I'm not used to depend on someone for finances, love..All my life, I've been earning on my own, except of course for the educational expenses given to me by my Dad...I couldn't imagine relying on you for everything, love..."

"I understand love, you're still adjusting to our married life. I just want you to not worry about finances, let me take care of it huh?" He kissed her gently on her lips, then looked at her eyes, trying to convince her.

"But, I will still do my medical practice here right?" She returned his stare.

"Yeah, of course, but I want you to do it not for earning money, but as your passion. Whatever you want to do my love, I'll support you." Bin said while looking at her lovingly.

She nodded and smiled and gave Bin a smack on his lips. He chuckled. "I've thought of how you can re-pay me."

"Uh I thought it was for free?" She frowned, letting him finish his line.

"No, you have to pay me, as usual, be the cupid to my first love..." He smiled and Yejin wanted to burrow her lips in those dimples.

"Make sure she won't fall out of love with me and that she'll feel loved and taken cared of.."

She giggled at his cheesiness. "Hmmm, that would be a hard job.." She said, teasing him but kissing him on his dimple, not being able to help herself.

"I think, it won't be hard..I might not even need a cupid." He chuckled as she remained in her position. She moved back and laughed. "Yeah, you won't be needing one, I think your first love won't fall out of love.."

"I love you, my Binnie..."

"I love you too, my first love..." And he kissed her deeply. They were interrupted by Yejin's phone ringing, with Hae-won calling. Bin frowned, while she laughed, and answered the call. A few seconds later, she bid goodbye to Bin.

---

December came in a whim and Bin and Yejin got busier as their wedding day approached. Bin was trying to finish his commitments the soonest time possible so he can focus on their wedding and of course, on Yejin. That first week of December, or two weeks before their wedding, they barely managed to spend time together, as Yejin had an everyday appoinment with Hae-won while Bin had a jam-packed schedule for that week, culminating in a three-day conference in Pyeongchang, from Wednesday to Friday.

Hearing his alarm ring, Bin reached for his phone on the bedside table and tried to turn it off, not wanting to awaken Yejin, who is now sleeping soundly in his arms. He turned on the bedside lamp instead to shed some light on her face. He brushed his lips lightly on her forehead and removed gently her arms from his torso. He took a shower and as he went out of the bathroom, now wearing his business attire, he saw her already sitting on the bed, trying to wake herself up. He smiled at her cuteness.

"Love, you're awake already? It's just past 5 AM. You need to sleep some more."

Yejin frowned, trying to open her eyes. "I wanna see you off love..."

He went to sit beside her and cupped her face. "But your eyes are closed..haha.."

She frowned again and hugged him. "I'm gonna miss you..Three days are just too long.."

Bin sighed. He understood her, but he needed to go to that conference, as his last commitment to his company. After that, his schedule will be less hectic until the end of the year.

"Love, I promise, after this, I'll have more time for you and for our wedding. Just this last one, please?" He now stares at her, with her being fully awake.

"Okay love." Yejin hugged him because she didn't want him to see the tears forming in her eyes. She just thought it's just so silly for her to act like that.

Bin tried to pull back to kiss her, but she clung unto him. When he was finally able to part from her, she just looked down. When he lifted her face, he saw her red eyes, confirming his hunch that she cried. "Love?"

"I'm sorry love, but it's okay, I understand." She tried to smile.

Bin cupped her face and kissed her on her eyes then on her lips. "I love you...cheer up love, I'll see you the day after tomorrow. As soon as I can, I'll leave the conference and go back here in no time, okay?"

She nodded and smiled.

"And I'll videocall you and message you when I'm free." He said, assuring her, as his thumb caressed her soft cheek.

She hugged him. "It's okay love, don't worry about me anymore. I'll be fine."

They continued to cuddle for a few more minutes and Bin then prepared to leave. With a heavy heart, Yejin saw him off until the door, kissing him goodbye.

---

Yejin managed to do her duties the day Bin left. That night, they video called as they went to sleep, with Yejin falling asleep with Bin singing a song for her. When Bin saw that she was already asleep, he ended the call and messaged her goodnight. He smiled. Anything for his Yejin. The empty space beside him just made him miss her more. As much as he wanted her to come with him, he didn't ask her because of the many things that she needed to prepare for their wedding, and he's afraid she'll be tired with the long drive, especially with her condition. He just browsed his album of her on his phone, with many stolen shots of her while eating, sleeping, drinking, just anything that he was able to capture, and some random videos. Hearing her laugh just made him happy. He smiled. It's just four months since they saw each other again in Houston, and here they are now, living their dream to be together again. He couldn't thank heavens enough for bringing them back together, because he couldn't think of anyone else that would make him happy the way she made him now. He smiled once more, as he couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with him, just doing anything with her and building their family together. She is his life then, she is his life now, until forever...With sleep evading him, Bin decided to start composing his vow for her.

---

December 22, 2020

The Shilla Seoul.

The day she's been waiting for. To Yejin, that day was the period that closes a chapter in her life while at the same time, a new page where another one starts, this time, with Bin and the human being in her womb. As they walked together in the aisle, her left arm intertwined with his right, music playing in the background and seeing the faces of their loved ones around, her heart was overwhelmed by a myriad of emotions.

Joy. She never knew joy like this. To be loved and accepted. To be celebrated. Not just by Bin, but by his family, by his world.

Peace. The feeling of wholeness and contentment, with the man beside him. She finally felt at rest. No more chasing rainbows. Now she was sure, her dream is beside her and is inside of her. Her dream finally coming true.

Hope. She never felt this excited before. The memories she and Bin had together fuel her hope for many more years of living life together until their physical bodies succumb to decay. She never knew forever until now, when she had a glimpse of it.

Love. If she thought she had loved Bin that much, now she wonders how great the capacity of her heart to contain more of that love. That love that started as a young love, seeing all the good things in him, to loving every new thing that she discovers in him as their relationship progressed, whether she liked it or not. How she knows and views him may change, but that one sure thing remains, that feeling that had been there when they stood beneath the heat of the sun, in that baseball field. Home.

As they reached the front, the emcee asked them to say their vows. Bin said his first.

"Yejin, my love, I stand here today, and I vow to love you for as long as I shall live. I never knew love until that day, under the sun's heat, I had a glimpse of what love looks like. I am blessed to meet you early in my life and learn, through you, what love means. To me, it meant
feeling all the happiness in the world with just seeing that eye smile of yours, with just tasting that coffee you make, with just listening to all your stories after your long day, with just observing how hardworking you are, and with just seeing you achieve all the things you worked hard for. To me, love meant running towards you whenever you needed me, and whenever I feel lost because you're not with me.  It meant celebrating the here and now, and hoping...no, believing for a future with you. To me, love meant holding on to that belief even when it felt like it's the end, enduring and accepting if it's for your good, and forgiving and choosing to love yet again even after years of hurt and loneliness. To me, love meant starting to build again, with a new hope and unwavering faith in us even with the unknown future ahead of us. And finally, to me, love meant staying by your side, until our hairs become gray, faithfully, even when everything in and around us changes. I vow to love you like that, since that day on that baseball field, until whatever time is given to us in this world, but forever in my heart and soul. Yejin, you are my first and you are my last love. I cherish you. I love you, always and forever."

Yejin's tears just kept on flowing upon hearing Bin's vow. The myriad of emotions she felt while walking couldn't compare with how she's feeling now. Her heart felt like exploding with joy and love for her Bin. She smiled through her tears and tried to compose herself as the emcee handed her the mic.

"Bin, my heart is bursting with joy as I stand here today with you, in front of our loved ones. My life had not been ideal, but you are one precious gift given to me to  let me know and learn what love is. And with that love that I am still learning until now, I vow to continue on the journey of loving you, unconditionally, faithfully, passionately, until the end. Bin, my love, thank you for pursuing me, taking care of me, not giving up on me, on us. I chased rainbows all my life, only to find out that I don't need to chase, because my dream had always been in front of me. Thank you for being that dream, because now, that dream, you, my love, are my home. And as my home, I vow to nurture and love you for as long as I shall live, through ups and down, amidst storms and calmness, you will remain to be my home, the one whom I belong to. Bin, I love you, for I don't know how much, but enough to last more than a lifetime. You are my first, and you are my last, the one I will cherish and love, since that day when I sold you that cucumber lemonade, not knowing that it was my heart that was sold forever. I love you, Bin."

With her last word, Bin pulled her close and kissed her temple. They were both in tears and as they wiped them, the emcee pronounced themselves as husband and wife, the crowd cheered and she heard the magic words. Bin leaned down on her and his lips met hers, and as always, her knees weakened as love enveloped the both of them with that kiss.

---

Hello my lovely readers! I finally finished this chapter and this story. I'm sorry it took me almost a year to finish this, being caught up with a lot of things. Pardon the flow of this chapter, as I wrote the first half last year and the 2nd half just today. I was just inspired to write a new story and then came back to this one, after reading all your comments. Thank you so much for all your ⭐️ and comments! See you in my other fic! ❤️

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

188K 4.9K 27
"Is it only for us to find love but then lose it again?" Once upon a time - this is how a typical story begins; where a knight in shining armor meets...
14.6K 267 93
Complete:) At some point I will be fixing the hole book but not right now 🧍🏻‍♀️ (this book makes no sense, well to me it doesn't I don't know about...
124K 8.1K 62
He was his bestfriend. He was secretly in love with him. He thought he was fine until he fell in love. Their past can be the end of their friendship...
8K 510 24
"Seeing him naked twice a day, is really very big deal for my poor heart, one thing I'm sure about hyung that he don't know how to wear a shirt in ho...